Author Topic: All alone at KJFK  (Read 7561 times)

5mokin

All alone at KJFK
« on: July 14, 2011, 04:18:37 am »
Hi guys,
before i start i have looked through the forums before this post and tried the hints that people have suggested but im not having any luck....................my problem is that there are No aircraft at all at KJFK,

i have the full version,have tried to do the shadow under aircraft tip but absolutely nothing i do(FSX Setting for traffic is max) seems to give me any static aircraft's(i know that FSdreamteam do not install static planes too!!!)

i have so many addons to enhance the experience but not having any other plane expect my Ifly BMI baby is gutting to say the least,i read that AI traffic is a must but i cant afford that just now.......

any help would be grateful

regards
lee

5mokin

Re: All alone at KJFK
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 04:31:50 am »
PS i did notice that "dorcami" had a problem with his textures(http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=3104.0) and submitted a screen shot and he has a few
   http://www.uploadgeek.com/image-502B_4BEA533D.jpg

regards
lee

pps that pic is mine below :(
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 10:45:13 am by 5mokin »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 11:13:57 am »
AI traffic shows up with no problems at KJFK, the only thing that might stop displaying it, is using FS9 models in FSX (not really suggested, for performance reasons too) hand having the "Aircraft case shadows on ground" on. Using an AI Traffic pack that has native FSX models, like UT2, doesn't require to turn off the aircraft shadows.

But, you said you already tried it. Another possible explanation, your Traffic.bgl is in the FS9 format, which is also not good in FSX.

Basically, I think it all boils to using something ported over from FS9 (World or AI, for example) and not native.

Another thing to check are AFCAD conflicts created by a duplicate AFCAD from another product, use the free FSX Airport Scanner to find AFCAD duplicates and remove all the extra, except the default one from MS and the one in the fsdreamteam\JFK folder

5mokin

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 09:12:15 pm »
Thanks for the reply,tried that and no errors were returned ans still no traffic,looks kinda weird..............

any one else have any ideas please?

best

lee

data63

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 09:27:59 pm »
which AI o you use?

maybe you start your quest by going back to the FSX standard AI traffic file

Happy Landings

Juergen

5mokin

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 11:53:25 pm »
Hi

i do not have any add traffic programmes as ive just spent my pocket money on the full version of KJFK

theshack440

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2011, 01:43:09 am »
Check the cargo gates. After I purchased JFK and I did not have add-on traffic I was confused as well - where were all of the planes?? (I yelled to myself)

I flew around and there they were, parked at the isolated gates.

Why?

Because, FSDT labeled the terminals (in the AFCAD) with their real life airline codes, so that way DL would park at terminals 2 and 3, AA at 8, EK at 4, B6 at 5, and so on. So airlines like Orbit, World Travel, etc. have no places assigned to them to park so they end up at isolated stands where any airline can park (in the far reaches of the airport...). I later used World-of-ai and then finally end up with Ultimate Traffic 2, which is what I still have now and am very pleased with (for the most part)... so I no longer have this problem.

So yes, I would definitely take a look at the isolated stands near the west end of the airport.

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 05:03:06 am by theshack440 »
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

5mokin

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2011, 02:34:54 am »
theshack440
Many thanks for that ive got "bob" from orbx so ill go for a little walk and see what i can find

ill tap my folks for an advance on my pocket money as im skint,i have enough to study with the Ifly 737NG at the mo so its not life or death,but it would be nice

best

lee

theshack440

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2011, 02:36:28 pm »
Yeah, add-on ai traffic is great but it might take a hit on your system -- UT2 has a demo though so that would be worth trying if you are interested.

Anyway, good luck finding your planes!  :)
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com

D_mitris

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2011, 08:33:01 am »
I was also sceptical at first when it came to AI traffic programs.

Perhaps you could try World of AI which to my understanding is free.   Just do a search for World of AI traffic on any search engine and you will get many hits and a few Youtube videos.

If you ever get some extra pocket change I fully suggest getting Ultimate Traffic 2.  I am constantly surrounded by aircraft now when I get to an airport or when I am waiting for departure.  You may also be told to hold at the gate as an incoming aircraft lands.   The best part about UT2 is that they use a real flight plan and you can customize it in many ways.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 08:40:16 am by D_mitris »

theshack440

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2011, 05:01:56 am »
^+1. Agreed, UT2 is indeed very good.

By the way, Lee, did you ever find your traffic?
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com