Author Topic: taxiways and jetways look like painted grass  (Read 4809 times)

dorcami

taxiways and jetways look like painted grass
« on: May 12, 2010, 10:11:02 am »
hi,
I have a problem-
there are no taxiways or jetways, just the photoreal image. this means that i can see the taxiways thanks to the photo but they are poor and basicaly just the grass painted with the image.

the problem happens to me in JFK. when i switch to a distant parked airtraffic plane view, the scenery at first look perfect with the floor allright, from concrete or asphalt or whatever, but as it loads the scenery, the floor gets transformed to painted grass.

I believe its a conflict but i cant solve it and i hate having the scenery in this poor conditions...
I use Rex 2, REX HD GRASS, with FSX on a win 7 64bit.

here are some shots from Kennedy (KJFK):

here is Kennedy: i switched to a distant parked aircraft, the ground was perfect, till it was "load" by FSX

http://www.uploadgeek.com/image-B03A_4BEA52F9.jpg

http://www.uploadgeek.com/image-502B_4BEA533D.jpg

http://www.uploadgeek.com/image-A493_4BEA5362.jpg

hope anyone could help me with it.

thanks!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 10:49:36 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: taxiways and jetways look like painted grass
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 10:57:53 am »
there are no taxiways or jetways, just the photoreal image. this means that i can see the taxiways thanks to the photo but they are poor and basicaly just the grass painted with the image.

That's not a problem. That's how the scenery is made. There are no AFCAD taxiways: the ground is made using only a photoreal texture, with a detail semi-transparent texture on top of it.

I believe its a conflict but i cant solve it and i hate having the scenery in this poor conditions...
I use Rex 2, REX HD GRASS, with FSX on a win 7 64bit.

The obvious solution to diagnose it, would be first to exclude it (start with the grass addon first), and see if it makes any difference.

as it loads the scenery, the floor gets transformed to painted grass.

I don't see any floor transformed into painted grass in any of your screenshots:

- The 1st image looks like there's some kind of conflict with another AFCAD with a slightly different altitude so, it's surely not REX, but something else.

- The 2nd image looks just fine

- The 3rd image looks as if another scenery has been loaded on top, but it might also be caused by REX having replaced some textures.

All your images seems to have a blue tint, which I suspect might be caused by another addon, but this is not a problem, as long as you like it...

Travis

• Beta tester
Re: taxiways and jetways look like painted grass
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 11:19:56 pm »
dorcami,

I believe the "painted grass" look for what would otherwise be hard surfaces could be due to the HD grass texture from REX which replaces the detail1.bmp file.

At least that's what I think I see in your first and third images; other texture replacement programs could do similar things.  (I use that REX texture myself at times, and then use the original texture at others.)

Regards,
travis@aivlasoft.com
travis@fscaptain.net