Author Topic: Odd Texture Loading Error Message  (Read 3775 times)

PrestonIV

Odd Texture Loading Error Message
« on: August 01, 2011, 06:52:30 pm »
Im having a rather odd problem since installing JFK for FSX. When I go to the Free Flight menu and choose a departure airport and I choose ( KJFK ), I get an error message saying:

Failed to load texture: KORD_GEN_01_LM.DDS

I get this instantly when I hit OK.  Then I close the error message and continue flying, it pops up when in flight every couple of minutes. How is this possible as I dont even have Chicago O'Hare installed at the moment. And, why would it try to load a texture for Chicago when Im choosing KJFK?

I had initially installed both airports, got the error message so Ive done the whole routine of unistalling via control panel, choosing YES to all the prompts to uninstall the add-on manager and the Couatl powered products, completely removing the FSDreamteam folder from FSX, clearing the browser cach, clearing the registery of the products, restarting the computer, and re-downloading the airports. Upon restart of computer I disable my A/V software ( I always disable when flying anyway ), then proceed to re-install JUST JFK. Still, I get the: Failed to load texture: KORD_GEN_01_LM.DDS

I am completely perplexed by this. When I initially installed both JFK and ORD I had no problems with Chicago, other than some terminal blgs on one side of airport that wouldnt show, other than that, no error messages what so ever. Has anyone else had an issue like this or know what may be causing it?

Im running Vista, with Rex, GEX and UTX, FTX not active at the moment and MyTraffic X.
Preston Van Name

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Odd Texture Loading Error Message
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 08:07:24 pm »
This doesn't have anything to do with Addon Manager, Couatl, antivirus or the installation, you are getting this message, because you have enabled a debug diagnostic in the FSX.CFG file, which is normally not enabled by default

ShowMissingTextureAlert=1 under the [Scenery] section

That's probably why not many reported it, since it's usually used only by developers, and it's off by default.

To fix this, if you don't have KORD installed, go into the FSX\fsdreamteam\JFK\texture folder with Explorer, make a copy of the JFK_GEN_01_LM.dds and rename it as KORD_GEN_01_LM.DDS, the two files ARE exactly the same, just with a different name.

PrestonIV

Re: Odd Texture Loading Error Message
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 09:10:11 pm »
Thank you for the most very prompt reply.

I went ahead and changed the fsx.cfg back to the default of 0. Awhile back I was having some texture issues with a different scenery area and I had changed that setting to 1 and totally forgot about it. Good grief  :-\

All is good now. And the missing bldgs at KORD was just a scenery complexity slider setting, that is all good now too. Once again, thank you very much, I would have been chasing this forever.  ;)
Preston Van Name