Author Topic: This Is Not Good, very Serious Problem Here - Addon Manager Disappears  (Read 34265 times)

viperxbr

Re: This Is Not Good, very Serious Problem Here - Addon Manager Disappears
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2017, 08:34:41 pm »
Just removed all FSDT/FlightBeam scenery and now startup time from double clicking FSX-SE to the Free Flight screen has been cut in half!

Wow what a difference!  Something is amiss with that couatl software.  It ain't going back on my system until all of this is resolved.

Todd.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 08:36:54 pm by viperxbr »
Thanks,
Todd.

Sim PC: Intel i7 7820x OC 4.8GHz, XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 Cooling, Rampage VI APEX MB, 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM, EVGA GTX 1080ti SC 11GB, 2xSamsung EVO 970 1TB NVMe, Samsung 840 SSD 1TB, Corsair 1200AX PS.

MXP

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2017, 09:40:33 pm »
This is not a problem only for Fsx, but I have the same problem also in P3D.

After the installation of new Gsx 19911 and the addon manager 3101 nothing of product of Fsdreamteam and Flightbeam function correctly.

I have deinstall and reinstall a few of time the program but without results.

I don't know what happens but I have attached a file where is possible verify the correct installation inside the P3D, but couatl report the scenery isn't installed or missing.

Sorry for my english.

Thankyou for help.

Randy H.

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2017, 10:12:07 pm »
I had the same issue a couple days ago, yes very frustrating. This is what I did,
Uninstall GSX from the program manager.
Re-Boot.
Went into my fsx folder and made sure that EVERYTHING was removed.
Re-Boot.
Re-downloaded the GSX file and re-installed.
Re-Boot.
Opened the file location and made sure that it had Admin privilege's.

This is what worked for me, hope it helps.
Randy H

Leemazz

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2017, 11:26:06 pm »
Same for me , update to latest version and nothing works , slow to download , no doubt it will be all my fault and not the software

samwheeler

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2017, 12:44:51 am »
Same for me. Is there any updates? It has rendered everything useless.

canadagoose

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2017, 03:04:46 am »
Very surprised! Must some kind of a record for a thread. Virtuali would normally have chimed in by now. I hope the company hasn't gone under. Unfortunately I'm in the process of uninstalling my FSX right now. I'll do a clean reinstall of FSX this weekend outside of C:\Program Files (86), of which I have wanted to do for a while anyway. This is turning out to be a blessing in disguise, even though it would not have normally been my choice. I wil not install anything FSDT though until this issue is resolved. Hopefully they will have learned from this and convert to a more conservative registration approch like other developers.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 03:17:26 am by canadagoose »

Jetspaul

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2017, 07:25:02 am »
Yep, same problem here, exactly the same. Was all good before the update. Hopefully its sorted out quickly.

MXP

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2017, 10:18:15 am »
Hello sim,

this morning I have resolved the problem in this mode

Before I have downloaded all the program installed in my pc and remove only GSX and PHNL.

After, I test with a new installation of GSX and nothing change.

I reinstall also PHNL and PHNL function correctly.

After the installation of PHNL I find in the path fsdreamteam/couatl (under P3D V3 for me) and there is only the folder GSX and PHNL with the file _init_.pye

Other scenery installed and active don't are.

I tried the same with a second scenery and after the installation I find the folder.

After all the deinstall and reinstall the scenery it's all ok.

I have done the same with the scenery of Flightbeam, but after the first installation I have a crash problem of couatl.

I find in folder before mentioned above all the new folder of Flightbeam and another folder name XPOI never installed or buy.

I have delete the folder XPOI and all it's now ok.

I think the problem is that during the new installation of addon manager or gsx disappear folders including the files _init_.pye of the scenarios.

All the operations that I made were performed with administrator right and I don't have P3d under C:\Program File (x86). I have under another disk D.

I hope it can also serve to you.

Sorry for my english.

Regards

Rob

PeterZ KCLE EDDN

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2017, 04:11:20 pm »
Hi Guys - I'm having the same problem. Quick question, since this catastrophic update I also can't access the fsuipc menu anymore. It's listed, but nothing happens when I click on it.

Hope they get it sorted out.

Best,
Peter

FSX Box sp2, win7-64

sumits81

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2017, 04:43:18 pm »
Hi Guys - I'm having the same problem. Quick question, since this catastrophic update I also can't access the fsuipc menu anymore. It's listed, but nothing happens when I click on it.

Hope they get it sorted out.

Best,
Peter

FSX Box sp2, win7-64

I have the exact same problem in P3D. C'mon chaps (FSDT), fix this already please!

williamburgess

« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2017, 05:00:32 pm »
 >:( >:( >:( >:( Yup....F'd up! The only way to force these guys to fix the problem is requesting a full refund. I am going to contact my credit card company and explain to them what is going on., believe me MC will get to the bottom of it and remove the MC logo from this site, then address this with paypal, since I used it for other purchases from FSDT..... I just cannot believe the crap thats happening to everyone. They have no answered my previous post of of yet! I suggest eveyone else do the same, then we will get some feedback for sure and hopefully a fix! It would have been nice to let us know we were going to be Beta testers! ::) ::) ::) ::) :o :o :o

ahsmatt7

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2017, 05:08:07 pm »
I FOUND A FIX!!!!!

As the the user who had broken english said, just go to your fsdreamteam folder in your main P3d or FSX directory and delete to XPOI folder. It might be advantageous to delete any folders of scenery that are in the main fsdreamteam folder that you don't actually have installed on your computer.

I deleted the afolder and couatl starts up fine and I have all my airports back.

I encountered the script error after installing KIAD.

NOW EVERYTHING WORKS NORMALLY!

for me at least.....

canadagoose

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2017, 05:30:06 pm »
Very surprised! Must some kind of a record for a thread. Virtuali would normally have chimed in by now. I hope the company hasn't gone under. Unfortunately I'm in the process of uninstalling my FSX right now. I'll do a clean reinstall of FSX this weekend outside of C:\Program Files (86), of which I have wanted to do for a while anyway. This is turning out to be a blessing in disguise, even though it would not have normally been my choice. I wil not install anything FSDT though until this issue is resolved. Hopefully they will have learned from this and convert to a more conservative registration approch like other developers.

Well I guess I do hold the record for "Longest Thread started without Umberto chiming in". If anything this issue has prompted me to go ahead and do what I have wanted to do for a while. Doing a clean reinstall of FSX. I sure hope he hasn't "left the building" so to speak, it's awfully quiet............

Have a good one everyone.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2017, 05:38:23 pm »
 It's pretty well known that Umberto rarely checks in on weekends.

jjlittler

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2017, 05:44:40 pm »
Hi All,

I had this problem yesterday after updating GSX, KMEM and the Addon Manager. I solved my problem by copying over an older copy of the bglman.dat, bglmanx.dll, bglmanx_fsdt.dat files into the P3D root folder. I did noticed the blgmanx.dll which was there after installing the update was 3.7mb the older 2mb. Back in business! ;)

JJ