Author Topic: GSX 1.9 Update - De-Icers!  (Read 178694 times)

seam77

Re: GSX 1.9 Update - De-Icers!
« Reply #120 on: January 15, 2015, 09:35:30 pm »
I now answear to your reply,because when i writed that reply to You i recived from U msg.So i do not have any antivirus programs because thay messing fsx.
answ.no.2
YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\Couatl.exe
Yes i had and have this folders
answ.no3.-Note if FSX asks permission to run the Addon Manager and the Couatl programs, reply YES to both-yes i do it and done it before
answ.no 4-
- When FSX loads, check if you have BOTH the "Addon Manager" and the "Couatl powered products" under the "Addons" menu.

and now i have both of them .
But before did not even uninstalled ivap and gsx,when i uninstalled also pmdg777 all back to normal!

Jackson5

« Reply #121 on: January 28, 2015, 12:08:02 am »
Hello Umberto,
Thanks for GSX Its'great!  :)

I have a question though: Is it correct that the Lear 45 cannot receive de-icers? The GSX Aircraft setting menu for the Lear 45 does have the inner and outer limit settings for the wings, but whatever I set, no de-icers! I made sure that the ambient temperature on the airport (ESSA) where I tested was below -4 degrees celsius, but I never see the option to call the de-icers, only pushback.
I also tried it with the default Boeing 737 and then all works fine, as for the CRJ 700, B747 and even the DC3.
But with the Lear (at the same parking spot) it doesn't. Does this have to do with the aircraft size, and is there anything I can try to get it working? It would be a great addition to our sim, since we often fly in the Nordic country's....

Thanks and Regards,
Jaap

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #122 on: January 28, 2015, 02:07:25 pm »
I have a question though: Is it correct that the Lear 45 cannot receive de-icers? The GSX Aircraft setting menu for the Lear 45 does have the inner and outer limit settings for the wings, but whatever I set, no de-icers! I made sure that the ambient temperature on the airport (ESSA) where I tested was below -4 degrees celsius, but I never see the option to call the de-icers, only pushback.

Yes, this has been already discussed: the current supplied deicers supports airplane with a wingspan of at least 22 meters. We programmed the deicers points on all default airplanes anyway, so we already have them supported when we'll eventually add a different deicing vehicle, more suitable for smaller planes.

Lindsay

« Reply #123 on: February 17, 2015, 11:30:17 am »
Hi Team,

I have a problem with the de-icers. I get the prompts to select de-icing and the type of deicing I need yet there are no deicing vehicles? After approx. a minute or so a green abr appears saying deicing complete? Is this right?

Can you let me know?

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #124 on: February 17, 2015, 02:53:01 pm »
I have a problem with the de-icers. I get the prompts to select de-icing and the type of deicing I need yet there are no deicing vehicles? After approx. a minute or so a green abr appears saying deicing complete? Is this right?

That's not normal, of course.

Vehicles might not appear for the following reasons:

1) You updated using Live Update, but haven't installed the vehicle update, which is needed according to the release notes. However, installing the latest GSX full install will install everything needed.

OR

2) There's a problem with your video settings, so the vehicles are there, but not visible due to a problem with your FSX video settings or video card settings. In this case, try all the following:

- Update your video driver

- Reset your video driver settings to default

- Reset the FSX settings to default, by removing the following file:

%APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG

This will force FSX to rebuild a new config with all default settings. After doing this, be sure you apply the HIGHMEMFIX tweak in the Addon Manager, save the settings and restart FSX.

AUA9085

• My Youtube Profile :)
« Reply #125 on: July 20, 2015, 11:48:40 pm »
Hi there,

updated yesterday but GSX crashed several times @ LOWG, LOWW and in ENGM there is no GSX Support?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #126 on: July 21, 2015, 08:51:10 am »
updated yesterday but GSX crashed several times @ LOWG, LOWW and in ENGM there is no GSX Support?

Please clarify:

Is GSX crashing everywhere, and you are asking if there's support for it at LOWG, LOWW and in ENGM

OR

Is GSX crashing ONLY at those airport, so you have lost support for it only *there* ? (which is normal, if it has crashed )

In any case, have you seen this is a months old version ? We have just released a new version, which currently is in Public Beta test process, but I suggest to try it anyway:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,12182.0.html

AUA9085

• My Youtube Profile :)
« Reply #127 on: July 23, 2015, 11:29:11 pm »
Hi there,

unfortunately it happend at different airports.

I now got this one:

Code: [Select]
couatl v3.0 (build 3142)
panic log started on Thu Jul 23 23:29:06 2015

problem raised by engine or unspecified addonAdded Menu SubItem "Restart Couatl" (parentId 67, id 71)
Added Menu SubItem "Key Mappings..." (parentId 67, id 72)
Added Menu SubItem "Show YouControl™ Menu        Ctrl+F12" (parentId 67, id 76)
Current locale is German_Austria.1252
Added Menu SubItem "Check Live Update" (parentId 69, id 79)
Error: exception UNRECOGNIZED_ID in call AddClientEventToNotificationGroup param #3 '85981864'
Error: exception UNRECOGNIZED_ID in call AddClientEventToNotificationGroup param #3 '85981864'

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #128 on: July 24, 2015, 11:05:29 am »

Which airports ? You must try to be more precise when reporting, after an user reports a problem, we ALWAYS try to reproduce the same situation: how do you expect we can understand what's wrong with your system, if we cannot test the same situation ourselves ?

So, please, always indicate:

- The airport used. Clearly indicate if it's a default airport or a 3rd party one

- The airplane used

- The gate/position you were located when the error appeared

- If the error happened after selecting a GSX operation, which operation you selected

And, do not post your Log file, and/or edit it. We must read it *entirely* so, it's best if you ATTACH the file itself to the message, instead of posting it or post parts of it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #129 on: July 24, 2015, 11:13:56 am »

I now got this one:

I start suspecting there must be some kind of issue caused by a conflict with some other product, and I would like to check it directly on your system with Teamviewer. I'll send you a PM to arrange this.

omitchell

« Reply #130 on: July 27, 2015, 07:11:04 am »
I can't even install this into FSX Steam Edition or P3D v2.5. It hangs "Copying Local Couatl Updater Executable" and will not go any further. 2 boxes flash up and vanish rapidly when it reaches this point and it won't progress.

Clean install and run as admin has no effect, same issue (And there is no anti-virus)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 08:58:09 am by omitchell »
"ETOPS - Engines Turn Or Passengers Swim"

Nabil

« Reply #131 on: September 01, 2015, 04:06:14 pm »
what about passengers !  ???

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #132 on: September 01, 2015, 04:13:25 pm »
what about passengers !  ???

Already discussed and answered many times, for example here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11142.msg89927.html#msg89927

Ricovandijk

• Facebook
« Reply #133 on: January 23, 2016, 08:29:08 pm »
Hi all,

After a long time, I finally have a new laptop and hence I have re-installed the latest version of GSX. I must say I am very impressed and very pleased with the development of this program!

The De-Icers are a very nice addition to the services. although I have a comment about them.

The De-Icers are treating my wings from the training edge side. That is prohibited, as the fluid would be able to penetrate the wings more easily. Also, just aft of the leading edge is the most important part to de-ice. It is also mandatory to start at the wing tip and work your way down in a S-spray movement. so Leading edge to trailing edge, tip to root. only exceptions are the Anhedral wing aeroplanes. for example, the 146 Jumbolino would have the spray from the root to the tip.

Here is a video of the spray methode

There are two methodes, ramp de-icing which is already modelled, and remote de-icing. where the aeroplane taxies to a remote platform and get the treatment there with the engines running. This is the preffered method because of the short hold-over times of the type 1 fluid, (which is the cheapest!)

Back in 2008-2009 it was my job to supervise the de-icing at Schiphol. It's nice to see this important feature in FSX

Keep up the good work!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #134 on: January 25, 2016, 01:33:44 pm »
The De-Icers are treating my wings from the training edge side.

They are made like that to overcome possible issue with other conflicting vehicles, since GSX vehicles don't have any awareness of other vehicle or each other.

remote platform and get the treatment there with the engines running. This is the preffered method because of the short hold-over times of the type 1 fluid, (which is the cheapest!)

Remote deicing pad are a feature which has been discussed and answered so many times on the forum, and it's planned for inclusion in a future version.