Author Topic: Sludge Hornet v2.0  (Read 85332 times)

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
Re: Sludge Hornet v2.0
« Reply #90 on: July 01, 2013, 10:56:42 pm »
Hornet...

Ya, no problem. Its exactly as you described.... you put two slashes before the line you dont want activated.

Gauge20 FA-18A+ FCS
Gauge21 FA-18A+ FCS PA-PID 
Gauge22 FA-18A+ FCS UA

becomes

Gauge 20 FA-18A+ FCS
// Gauge 21 FA-18A+ FCS PA-PID
Gauge 21 FA-18A+ FCS UA

This is NOT verbatim exact, as I'm at work and haven't touched the panel.cfg file in a week, but I think you get the GIST about REM'ing out a gauge.  And how to re-sequence the GAUGExx numbering system when doing so.

Later
Sludge

hrnet940

« Reply #91 on: July 03, 2013, 04:29:12 am »
Thanks Sludge,  It worked like a dream.  I just did a test flight with the Carrier Practice mission and was able to trim it as I needed to.

Thanks Again,
Wayne

heyvern69

« Reply #92 on: October 24, 2013, 03:01:43 am »
No messages since July.  So, has version 2.0 been completed or abandoned?  I'm lost.  What's the word?

Orion

« Reply #93 on: October 24, 2013, 06:12:47 am »
Take a look at Sludge's posts in the HUD Energy Caret thread (http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,9167.0.html).

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #94 on: October 24, 2013, 07:52:34 pm »
Vern...

Its really on the backburner. Soo much stuff has been going on in real life that I haven't been able to devote time like I used to, and I've been working on my websites, learning how to build them using Joomla. Plus I nuked my system to setup my SSD, and in the transition I lost some important files, so I have to re-learn some old things and rebuild some of those files as well.

I wish there were more hours in the day, but I just have to do with what I've got. I read the forums at work, so if you have questions, feel free to send em my way and I will take a gander.

As time permits, I may be able to get things back up and running to previous levels, but will just have to see how that plays out.

Later
Sludge

heyvern69

« Reply #95 on: November 05, 2013, 06:14:13 am »
I haven't been able to devote time like I used to

No problem!  I just didn't see any updates and thought you might have moved the final version to a webpage or something.
Several friends of mine are not very tech savy, so I was just looking for a full Hornet 2.0 install EXE without any manual patching.
No biggie.

Thanks for all the hard work.  You did fantastic!  We loved flying the Sludge Hornet online over the last few years.

-Vern.

Berettashooter

« Reply #96 on: November 15, 2013, 01:21:15 am »
Hi all.

I have come here looking to get the Sludge Hornet or the 2.0 version, which ever is required, unfortunately, I can't find a download for either of them, the sludgehornet sites don't seem to be active anymore.

Can anyone tell me how to or where to get the Sludge hornet for FSX?

Thanks and regards
Jason

SpazSinbad

• RAN FAA: https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
    • A4G Skyhawk & Fixed Wing history scrapbook PDFs & videos RAN FAA + How to Deck Land Various Aircraft
« Reply #97 on: November 15, 2013, 02:36:27 am »
I'm not speaking for Sludge who is likely to be here soon enough. In the meantime a lot of old versions of Sludge Hornet were excellent (while Sludge has made other modifications) I will guess that this old version is great nevertheless:

http://fsxblueangels.com/Sludge%20hornet%20dowload%20template.html
https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
RAN FAA A4G NAS Nowra ɐıןɐɹʇsn∀ :-)

Archi

« Reply #98 on: November 17, 2013, 11:36:33 pm »
Hi all.

I have come here looking to get the Sludge Hornet or the 2.0 version, which ever is required, unfortunately, I can't find a download for either of them, the sludgehornet sites don't seem to be active anymore.

I tried to find link also few days back and actually that download link in FSX Blue Angels site directs me to this forum which has also invalid link  :-\

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #99 on: November 18, 2013, 10:05:06 pm »
I know this probably isn't the most recent Sludge has to offer, but you can get it here at Simviation

http://simviation.com/1/download-file?file=SludgeHornetModificationv12.zip&fileId=35151

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #100 on: November 21, 2013, 11:42:50 pm »
JIMI...

Thanks for the help on this, as my system was down 'til yesterday from video card issues. Had to RMA that doggone GTX 660, it kept locking up on me. Finally got it back and things seem to be running smoothly. One has NO IDEA how much a REAL video card means to their system until they are stuck with baseline MoBo drivers for a primitive "integrated" video card that SOMETIMES works and can barely do 1920 x 1080. It was painful to use my desktop during that time.

Fellas...

I do have more current versions, so I'll FTP those shortly to the new site and possibly get my FSX up and running. Just have to do some "stress checks" on the RMA'd video card to make sure its good to go, then I'll get back to modding as time permits.

I swear this has been the worst year for FSX modding for me, as far as real life issues, domain/website creation, computer hardware issues and whatnot.

As Thanksgiving gets done, I should be back on the horse modding, trying to finish up those last few things and making a auto-installer before I can release Sludge v2.0 to the public. First things first, before Thanksgiving I will try to get the Sludge v2.0 TC1 w/upgrades onto the new website for download. That's the last version I put out there before I NUKED and everything went downhill this summer.

Keep in mind, lots of re-organization going on, along with my domain provider issues, but its slowly working out. The NEW SludgeHornet site will be "yoyodynesystems.net/sludgehornet" as I'm trying to make Yoyodyne Systems as my primary domain. Hopefully, all the work will pay off at the 2014 CES in Lost Wages in January? Might get lucky and meet some other simulator tech people there, who have an interest in what we do.

Later
Sludge

hrnet940

« Reply #101 on: November 22, 2013, 12:29:36 am »
Thanks Sludge for all that you do and continue to do for our hobby.  Kudos Sludge!!  Clap clap clap clap, and the crowd goes wild!!!

I tried out the latest edition and love it.  I am finding it requires more stick back pressure to get it off the deck.  Maybe I am just accustomed to my VRS Super Bug.  I still love flying this bird too.  It has a different feel to it.  I like that I can now control the trim for both field and boat landings.  The VRS is auto and it works great!!  Is it standard to have that much nose pitch up when the speed brakes are deployed?  Maybe just nit picking again. 

Thanks Again,
Wayne

sgraypgh

« Reply #102 on: January 07, 2014, 05:30:50 pm »
I see your still having website issues, however, is v2.0 available to download anywhere?  Thanks for your continued efforts!

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #103 on: January 14, 2014, 09:43:33 pm »
SG...

Yes, I will upload to my new site shortly. Just got back from Lost Wages (CES 2014) and have been having GoDaddy hosting problems with my site, so I haven't been able to upload. Will see if I can get those resolved and upload the last Sludge version to my new site.

Once all my problems are fixed there, I will post the new site and forum here so others can head over there.

Later
Sludge

pyroperson87

• To those who love aviation, the sky is home.
« Reply #104 on: January 25, 2014, 03:52:44 am »
Any word on the Sludge 2.0 getting back online?  Also, until you have that back online, any chance I could get a copy of the PLAT gauge files from the 2.0?  I was tinkering with it and saved without a backup...DOH!  Now it's FUBAR and I really miss it.  :(
Pops