Author Topic: FS2004 Default Terminal 2/3 .bgl  (Read 79980 times)

gmcg

Re: FS2004 Default Terminal 2/3 .bgl
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2012, 02:48:20 am »
As you can tell.... I don't know much about computers. Based on my settings in inspector, what other settings could be causing it if its no AA.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2012, 10:45:59 am »
As you can tell.... I don't know much about computers. Based on my settings in inspector, what other settings could be causing it if its no AA.

If you really reset everything to default (including tweaks, which means you have to use a driver cleaner to do this), it should run normally but, as I've said, you should check with a default airplane too. Does the fps goes up by reducing the window size even with a default airplane ?

gmcg

« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2012, 04:15:24 pm »
Yes

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2012, 09:46:31 pm »
Yes

Does the fps goes up by reducing the window size even with a default airplane on *another* complex airport (like JFK or PHNL ) ?

gmcg

« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2012, 10:41:13 pm »
I'm not sure..... I'm just so tired of testing this stuff. I'm driving myself nuts. As much as I don't want to do it, I think I'm just going to send FSDT KORD out to pasture for my peace of mind. That is unless we can figure something else out  :o

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2012, 11:40:51 am »
I'm not sure..... I'm just so tired of testing this stuff. I'm driving myself nuts. As much as I don't want to do it, I think I'm just going to send FSDT KORD out to pasture for my peace of mind. That is unless we can figure something else out  :o

It seems you don't want to make this test (that takes only a FEW MINUTES) on a different (complex) airport with a default airplane, because it might finally prove that KORD was never the problem in the first place ?

Knowing this, would result in exactly the opposite you are saying, it would SAVE you time and effort that would have been better spent chasing the problem elsewhere, instead of keep insisting KORD has a "problem", that nobody ever reported it before, in the 4 years it has been out.

gmcg

« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2012, 03:51:33 pm »
I don't care about the default airplane..... I don't know how many times I have to say it. I don't care; that may be how you test FPS to get FPS claims but not me nor is it realistic. The only issue is FSDT KORD since I've tested without it active (using the default terminal and had no issues).

FSDT KORD is the FPS hog in this case, whether you want to believe it or not. I've tested tested tested and tested and after using AA_MODE_METHOD_MULTISAMPLE_2X_DIAGONAL and HIGH PERFORMANCE for texture quality as well as overclocking my graphics card, it would not push pass 26 (average was 24.5) in the area near gates K3/4.

My rig, even in an non-OC'd state, should run the LDS767/FSDT KORD combo without breaking a sweat but it doesn't.

So what if no one has "reported" anything in the 4 years since its release; I'm reporting it now. Why does a model year 2000 car get a recall notice in 2012  ::)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 04:10:45 pm by gmcg »

gmcg

« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2012, 06:30:18 pm »
It is smooth for the most part (isn't that the key anyway with a FPS drop, keep it smooth)...... I guess I'm just going to have to live with it  :-[

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2012, 06:34:46 pm »
I don't care about the default airplane..... I don't know how many times I have to say it

Regardless how many times you say it, is still wrong, because tests should be made excluding all things except the things being tested, which is KORD

If you stil can't understand that, let's try something easier:

What happens with your Level-D at, for example, JFK or PHNL ?

1) How's the fps in normal use ?

AND

2) Does the fps still goes up when you resize the window and make it smaller ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2012, 06:36:44 pm »
My rig, even in an non-OC'd state, should run the LDS767/FSDT KORD combo without breaking a sweat but it doesn't.

You should be able to run *FSX* with that system and, as I've proved to you in the previous screenshot, chances are KORD will run faster in FSX.

gmcg

« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2012, 01:51:08 pm »
PHNL and all of Hawaii run super smooth. JFK also runs very smooth. One small area where it drops to like 29 but it is very small area.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2012, 07:25:22 pm »
PHNL and all of Hawaii run super smooth. JFK also runs very smooth. One small area where it drops to like 29 but it is very small area.

I haven't asked if they are smooth or not. I've asked to test JFK or PHNL with the Level-D and to report the following:

1) How's the fps in normal use ? Please, indicate a number for all in the same configuration: JFK, PHNL and KORD, all in similar views, looking towards the most complex terminals.

AND

gmcg

« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2012, 08:15:47 pm »
Locked at 30 and I get 30 and sometimes 28-29 in that area at JFK. I don't change the values since my monitor refresh rate is very touchy.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2012, 08:58:01 pm »
Locked at 30 and I get 30 and sometimes 28-29 in that area at JFK. I don't change the values since my monitor refresh rate is very touchy.

I've asked the following:

Please, indicate a number for all in the same configuration: JFK, PHNL and KORD, all in similar views, looking towards the most complex terminals.

So, without changing anything else in the configuration, I would expect getting 3 different numbers. Of course, under the SAME configuration, which is Level-D + that airport, since you refuse to test with a default airplane, let's try to obtain a meaningful result by comparison.

AND, of course, with AI ENTIRELY OFF. Otherwise we are not testing airplane+scenery, we are testing your AIs...And, please, don't reply "I'm not interested testing without AI", just do what I've asked. This is A TEST.

And, you still haven't replied the 2n question:

« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 09:00:03 pm by virtuali »

gmcg

« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2012, 05:11:32 pm »
I told you.... in the same configuration locked at 30 I get 30 all over HNL (All Hawaii Airports in fact) and get 30 at JFK except for one little area where it drops to 28/29.

I have no AI on; never have since I only fly online. And yes, I refuse to test in the default aircraft b/c I don't use them..... So they could get 100+ at K3/4 for all I care (I have tested it btw).

Should I roll back to an older Nvidia driver? That may help. If so, what is a good version for my card? I've seen 186.XX thrown around a lot.