Author Topic: What will the KJFK update look like?  (Read 5544 times)

ElAl4ever

What will the KJFK update look like?
« on: December 06, 2011, 12:53:24 am »
Hey guys,

As a citizen of NYC, I was wondering what we can expect to see in terms of an FSDT update. With ZRH and ORD, each airport was done depending on what was needed (I.e. new runway vs. textures redone). Will JFK just be updated with a new layout or can we expect to see something along the lines of a completely redone ground and new textures? Thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: What will the KJFK update look like?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 11:14:26 am »
It will probably be a more extensive work compared to Zurich and K'Hare, more like a completely redone ground texturing method (similar to KDFW and KLAX), and will very likely be payware product, with a favorable upgrade price for existing customers, but it surely can't be a free patch.

We don't have a firm release date now, it should probably somewhere in 2012, likely after CYVR will be released.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 04:29:23 pm by virtuali »

Silverbird

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 03:50:24 pm »
It will probably be a more extensive work compared to Zurich and K'Hare, more like a completely redone ground texturing method (similar to KDFW and KLAX), and will very likely be payware product, with a favorable upgrade price for existing customers, but it surely can't be a free patch.

We don't have a firm release date, now it should probably somewhere in 2012, likely after CYVR will be released.

Umberto that's very good news  I do not mind at all paying for it you guys deserve it but I have to say I'm very glade you guys are supporting your older products not many people do that and jfk is one of my favorite scenery's not to mentioned it is around one of the best city's in the world.
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 05:31:27 pm »
...but it surely can't be a free patch.

Surely, you jest. You can make it free, we won't tell anyone.   ;D :D
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

theshack440

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011, 10:30:48 pm »

We don't have a firm release date now, it should probably somewhere in 2012, likely after CYVR will be released.

This is great news for me. I was hoping for just that: a completely redone airport with all of the bells and whistles like KDFW and KLAX. I would also be happy to pay for it, especially if the final product looks like those airports. Hopefully we'll see it out before the fall of 2012 but whatever works. I am very excited!
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

ElAl4ever

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2011, 12:12:59 am »
I wouldn't care, since I live here, it's a different story, and I'll gladly pay the price. If you need any new source photography, I can refer you to some people possibly. Thanks!

Paradox

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2011, 05:39:46 am »
This is good news. I would like to see some new stuff added to JFK (preferably Terminal 4)

For Example: In the current scenery, at FSX gate D25 in T4, there's only one gate. Real life, there are two jetways at D25. Same goes for D2 since Virgin America relocated to the A concourse of Terminal 4. Also, night time at JFK, the control tower has light shining on it now.

I work in JFK so I know what's missing in the current scenery  ;)