Author Topic: Sludge Hornet v1.2 "Integrator" Video  (Read 53235 times)

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
Sludge Hornet v1.2 "Integrator" Video
« on: February 20, 2011, 05:48:46 am »
Fellas...

Micro just made an amazing video for the Sludge Hornet, v1.2.  It shows many of the features (JRs HUDs, Serge's gauges, contact points, etc), all the while being a very impressive, well made video.  Much thanks to all who have made the Sludge what it is today.

Also, Im just waiting on texture release permissions for the Capt Sim paints, then Ill wide-release the Sludge/Combat Hornet Integration (Capt Sim Option).

Enjoy.

Later
Sludge

Johan

Re: Sludge Hornet v1.2 "Integrator" Video
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 07:23:52 am »
Fellas...

Micro just made an amazing video for the Sludge Hornet, v1.2.  It shows many of the features (JRs HUDs, Serge's gauges, contact points, etc), all the while being a very impressive, well made video.  Much thanks to all who have made the Sludge what it is today.

Also, Im just waiting on texture release permissions for the Capt Sim paints, then Ill wide-release the Sludge/Combat Hornet Integration (Capt Sim Option).

Enjoy.

Well, that's the best video I have seen in the category. Well done guys, and thanks for the Sludge and all the work achieved for what it is today for the users.

Johan

Later
Sludge

JamesChams

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 07:42:40 am »
Not a bad video; didn't care for all the musical choices (second song - :P Yuck! :P) but the footage, editing, etc. was quite nice.

However, I was wondering what the "TRAP Gauge" is used for?  After all, doesn't FSX Acceleration/SP2 already support that?  ???

FYI: No service aircraft would ever be allowed to fly with all that rust/grease on it; just plane dangerous. ;)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 07:44:49 am by JamesChams »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

SpazSinbad

• RAN FAA: https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
    • A4G Skyhawk & Fixed Wing history scrapbook PDFs & videos RAN FAA + How to Deck Land Various Aircraft
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 07:55:38 am »
Well done with that Sludge 1.2 Demo Video - excellent work all concerned.  ;D
https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
RAN FAA A4G NAS Nowra ɐıןɐɹʇsn∀ :-)

svicar

• DEAS GU CATH
    • The Hornets Nest
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2011, 08:39:01 am »
Great vid....Serge's repaint looks first rate. I must rework the "Grunge Hornet" as he has set the bar very high with his repaint. Awesome package; super work done by all ;D
Visit me at "The Hornet's Nest".

http://www.wix.com/svicar/thehornetsnest

Razgriz

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2011, 09:30:07 am »
However, I was wondering what the "TRAP Gauge" is used for?  After all, doesn't FSX Acceleration/SP2 already support that?  ???

It records the following data at the moment of trapping: Wire, airspeed, AoA, VSI.

Mickey_Techy

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2011, 10:36:09 am »
Amazing video Sludge. Very professionally done!

neutrino

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2011, 03:36:55 pm »
The video is great  :D I especially liked the combat sequence in the end, the night scene and the overhead break :) Micro rocks... as always  8)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 08:24:11 pm by neutrino »

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2011, 07:16:20 pm »
JR...

Thanks buddy.  Yeah, I bet you were all smiles when you saw that.  I know you like the really tough landings.  You know the "Case III, no divert, no viz in-the-soup, relying totally on instruments" landings, right?!  Haha.

Mickey...

Thanks, but that video is ALL Microbrewst!!  He is the grand wizard of videos.  So much so, that if we meet in real life, I will play Brewmeister Smith at any bar of his choice!!  That how highly I regard his skills and this vid.

Ray...

Actually, that was JJ's repaint.  And thats where I got the "new engine" interior nozzle look.  I do have ONE REQUEST, if you get time.  Painting the Sidewinder rail with something.  So we can include that on all future paints.  Even just something rudimentary would be nice.  Dont like looking at a blank bar when flying next to another Alpha Hornet.

Chams...

Where to start?!  Always something with you, isnt it.

First off, from someone that put up the music in YOUR vid:  
, Ill take your distaste AS A COMPLIMENT.

Second, I dont know what planet you come from, but when I was in the desert with VMAQ-2 (EA-6Bs) in Desert Shield/Storm, and there were no wash-racks avail, we launched birds outta Bahrain dirtier than this ALL THE TIME.  And the Hornets were worse.  Thats why I asked Ray to make this paint scheme for me, it has TESTOSTERONE and a real life combat feel.  So take your "sim world" FYI and shove it.

Johan and Spaz...

Thanks.  Throw some props out to Micro.  It was his late night work that made this video, I just gave him some ideas and asked for the music.  The killer shot is the final one, when all the flyin and fightin is done, there she sits in the sunset... waitin for the next day.  I love it!!

Later
Sludge
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 07:36:37 pm by Sludge »

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2011, 07:33:47 pm »
Just so you know...

Any of you out there that got the "Brewmeister Smith" reference and laughed.  Youre OLD!  Or Canadian.  Its from a cheezy 80s C-movie called Strange Brew.  Just some of my bad Sunday morning humor.

Later
Sludge

Orion

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2011, 08:18:35 pm »
I figured it was a reference to something, but I didn't know what, and I didn't bother looking it up. :P

Nice video, too. :)

svicar

• DEAS GU CATH
    • The Hornets Nest
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2011, 10:32:44 pm »

Ray...

Actually, that was JJ's repaint.  And thats where I got the "new engine" interior nozzle look.  I do have ONE REQUEST, if you get time.  Painting the Sidewinder rail with something.  So we can include that on all future paints.  Even just something rudimentary would be nice.  Dont like looking at a blank bar when flying next to another Alpha Hornet.

I stand corrected ;) First rate paint none the less.

I would be most happy to spruce up the outer rails with something more appropriate (I already have something in mind that I have been working on). I am working on the base until Wednesday but can have your updates ready before the end of the week, if that's ok.

Also, if there are any other suggestions or modifications you would like to see, please don't hesitate to let me know and I will do them as well.

"Shut up! I could crush your head .. like a nut .. but I won’t .. because I need you."

Brewmeister Smith ;D
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 11:02:59 pm by svicar »
Visit me at "The Hornet's Nest".

http://www.wix.com/svicar/thehornetsnest

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2011, 11:34:49 pm »
Awesome work Gents.  Truly professionals.  Keep it up!

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

JamesChams

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2011, 07:24:46 am »
...Second, I dont know what planet you come from, but when I was in the desert with VMAQ-2 (EA-6Bs) in Desert Shield/Storm, and there were no wash-racks avail, we launched birds outta Bahrain dirtier than this ALL THE TIME.  And the Hornets were worse.  Thats why I asked Ray to make this paint scheme for me, it has TESTOSTERONE and a real life combat feel.  So take your "sim world" FYI and shove it.
I was there too and I can tell your confusing metal fatigue/discoloration, sand-scraped paint and ordinance paint-burn marks with the "over done" rust/grease look of the paint scheme you've got there.

Also, JR/Scott have done the HUD/Gauges, MicroProductions have done the video, and Ray & others have done paint schemes, tweaks, effects, installer, etc.  What exactly have you done ? ??? ... besides run your mouth off all the time?  ???  

Now, get back to fixing your "sim toy" and stop acting like your all that, cause your not, "smudge" :P  And remember, you still got a "date" with SUBS & VRS' TACPack coming. ;)

PS: MicroProductions - You video is good, I just don't happen to like your second choice of music... That's not a bash, just a preference. Good Day! :)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 07:31:46 am by JamesChams »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

micro

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2011, 09:02:47 am »
“Mr. Chams”,  thank you for the kind words. After viewing your video that Sludge put up I will certainly be asking for your opinion in future videos. In fact, please continue to enlighten us with your vast array of knowledge in all aviation subjects. If I remember correctly, you stated that you flew F-14’s. Obviously you must know that Sludge is a fellow service member. Seeing the way you speak to him in public you must have some amazing stories. If it wouldn’t be too much trouble, can you share a few. Thank you again Sir, for your input and your service to this country.