Author Topic: Sludge Hornet v1.2 "Integrator" Video  (Read 53233 times)

svicar

• DEAS GU CATH
    • The Hornets Nest
Re: Sludge Hornet v1.2 "Integrator" Video
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2011, 02:00:35 am »
fael097:

I don't like to blow my own horn as there are many talented painters out there but generally speaking, I've had favorable responses. If you would to see some example of what I have done, click on the link at the bottom of this post.

99% of the texture elements in my repaints are hand done (paint kit not withstanding), as I personally don't like the results achieved with cut and paste repainting.
Visit me at "The Hornet's Nest".

http://www.wix.com/svicar/thehornetsnest

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2011, 02:28:26 am »
heh, nice stuff you got there mate
I'd like to show you an inverse tiger meet repaint i made from scratch, but unfortunately i deleted everything related to it :P
this is the only thing thats left, found on CS forums, a simple repaint i made, though idk how its still online, its been 3 years already

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/8141/87603918an6.jpg
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/1450/67938881nj8.jpg

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2011, 06:56:51 am »
Fellas..

Speaking of the aforementioned McPhat Studios, I just got permissions for MOST of the Delta Hornet paints, so we are almost ready to wide release the installer.  There's a catch, however.  As I'm trying to reach the other guy, David Sweetman, he might not be available to answer anytime soon.  IF thats the case, would you rather I just take the two affected Delta Hornet paints (VFA-15 and VFA-115) out and release it?

Let me know what your thoughts are.

Ray...

Very funny suggestions.  But onto something more worthwhile than Chams.  Tired of wasting time TALKING TO or ABOUT HIM.  Like talking to a brick wall.  So Im done with that.  I wont respond to any of his stuff, and I encourage others to do the same.  All he's doing is TROLLING and taking away from meaningful conversations.

Anyway, Im pretty happy with the ideas people have shown.  Especially good are Serge's wingtip textures and JJ's "new engine" internal nozzles.  If Serge is cool with it, Id like to incorporate his wingtips into the package before its wide released.  Also, is there anybody who likes the nozzles "as is" on a particular paint and doesnt want it changed?  Let me know, otherwise Im going to integrate those into all the custom jet paints before the release.  Ill leave the defaults alone.  Let me know your opinions.

Ill also be including the exterior view cockpit-internal textures that I made.  The cockpit DDI/MFD and UFC "greens" thats you can see activated from the external view.

Ben...

Long time, no see.  What have you been up to?  Flying FSX multi any?  Keep trying to get a weekend session up, but for some reason or another, just doesnt happen.

Serge...

Can I get the rail textures to add before the release?  They look damn good.

Later
Sludge
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 07:12:06 am by Sludge »

svicar

• DEAS GU CATH
    • The Hornets Nest
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2011, 08:59:52 am »
Rgr that, I'll lay off and get back to business. Couldn't resist a little jack assing ;)

As you may or may not know, Dave is in Afganistan for a couple more weeks and his connection with the rest of the world is spotty at best. If you are having trouble reaching him I may be able to relay any messages to him via our forums at MCPhat Studios. As you can well imagine he's pretty cut off but he does check in from time to time.

With regards to the wing tip rails, did you have something in mind that someone else has or would you like me to just go ahead with what I had planned to do? Either way is no problem for me.

Also, if it makes any difference, my vote is for the new nozzles and your external MFD/DDI internal textures as I think they look smashing.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 12:06:35 am by svicar »

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2011, 09:59:03 pm »
Ray...

No worries.  Going a little 3rd grade is fun every now and then. 

Yeah, thats what Lars said, that David might be outta touch for a while?  Hope not, as I would like to release his paints but it wont be a showstopper if he isnt able to give me permission.  Will just find others and include them.

As far as wing tip rails, Ill give yours a try and see how they turn out.  Im open to any and all.  I liked the look of Serge's but Ill check yours out and if they work, Im all over that.

Cool, mark one for the new nozzles and external view cockpit textures.

Later
Christian

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2011, 06:44:50 am »
Sludge,
Here are parts of my FCLP repaint. I used a number of real fotos (a couple are attached now, courtesy of Airliners.net) to mimic wingtip rails and to replace default nozzles with nice clean ceramic petals.  :)
BTW, how do you plan to incorporate the rails into existing repaints?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 06:47:40 am by fsxnavypilot »
Want it done right? Do it yourself!

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2011, 10:18:56 am »
Serge...

JJ's nozzle interiors and Ray's missile rails look really good as well.  I took a few screenies.  Let me know what you think.

To incorporate them on the other paints, Ill just open them with DXTBMP and then do the invert and flip method and cut-n-paste.  Thats how I got JJs nozzles installed on the Grunge Sludge (VMFA-323 Line).  Same with the missile rails, except just cut/paste to the FA18 L Wing/R Wing.dds files.  Should work pretty easily.

Later
Sludge

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2011, 10:37:39 am »
Yes, those look nice. But I'd rather dim the petals a tad...  ;)

Afterburn93

• "I've got this thing floored!"
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2011, 01:58:06 pm »
Just curious, which paints come with the Sludge 1.2? I would download it in a heartbeat, but I'm in Florida with only the ability to utilize my laptop.

A/B
Benjamin "Afterburn" Rothstein (A/B, Candlewacs)

"Is that an Uzi in your handbag... or are you just pleased to see me?"

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2011, 04:33:51 pm »
Serge...

Yeah, you might be right about dimming them down a tad.  Send yours... Ill install them, take pictures and let you guys decide which ones you like better.

Later
Sludge

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2011, 05:24:53 pm »
sludge, how about normal (bump) maps on rails and nozzles?

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2011, 05:38:55 pm »
fael,
Actually I did try bump mapping for the rails but that didn't add much to their appearance.

Sludge,
If you have my FCLP Hornet repaint, then you have all these textures, in .DDS indeed. 

frankwi

« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2011, 04:32:45 pm »
The Sludge Hornet continues to be my favorite FSX plane ! Great frame rates and fun to fly.

Thank you to everyone that continues to make this plane better, for free, and share it with us.

Not to single anyone out, but svicar , I love your repaints !

svicar

• DEAS GU CATH
    • The Hornets Nest
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2011, 11:14:42 pm »
Many thanks for your kind words :) I have to tip my hat to all the folks who have contributed their time and talents towards putting together such a fantastic package. I am truly honoured and extremely pleased to have my repaints included.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 11:16:20 pm by svicar »

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2011, 12:52:42 am »
Serge...

Yeah, I have your package, and Ill get the nozzles from them.  Thanks.  Once I get the work done, Ill get some pics posted and see what the general consensus is on the forum.

Frank...

Thanks, appreciate the sentiments.

Ray...

Thanks to you.  You keep making great paints, and Ill keep including them.  Nuff said!!

All...

About to release the full Installer but might include two different USN squadrons, as I have been unable to get in touch with David.  Or, might put VMFA(AW)-121, or another Marine squadron, and another USN to make it 3 USN/3 USMC.  Maybe throw in Lars' VFA-103 Line paint and then have ONE USMC to add to the lineup?  Any personal requests anyone?  Ill have to make sure the authors are cool with it as well.

So the Delta Hornet paint lineup would look like this:  VFA-102, VFA-103 Line, VFA-103 CAG, VMFA(AW)-121, VMFA(AW)-332, VMFA(AW)-533.  And yes, I know VFA-103 is a real-life SUPER squadron but the Skull and Bones are just straight up bad-ass and mean looking!!

Later
Sludge