Author Topic: "Flight plan doesn't match" error in cruise  (Read 1341 times)

airbadger

"Flight plan doesn't match" error in cruise
« on: December 24, 2022, 07:55:50 pm »
Twice now I've gotten the flight plan doesn't match simbrief error while in cruise. What is it complaining about? It obviously worked fine on departuer.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: "Flight plan doesn't match" error in cruise
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2022, 06:16:11 pm »
Did you had a flight plan using the default flight planner active, or selected a different destination airport from the default ATC ?

airbadger

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2022, 02:24:52 am »
Did you had a flight plan using the default flight planner active, or selected a different destination airport from the default ATC ?

I never use the default flight planner.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2022, 09:18:56 am »

The reason for my question was because, after checking the code, the one and only possible reason why that message would appear, if is there was a destination airport set, and it doesn't match the destination on Simbrief.

GSX checks a standard variable in the sim called "AI TRAFFIC TOAIRPORT", which is only supposed to be set if a Destination airport is set in the Main Menu, that equates having made a flight plan, even if you might not really have made a proper plan but, just setting an airport as a destination would set that variable.

If that variable is not set or it's null, you will not see that message.

airbadger

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2022, 04:06:24 pm »
Guess I'll look again, but I literally never touch the in-game flight planner. All I do is select the gate to spawn in at and go. This only started happening recently.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2022, 04:16:46 pm by virtuali »

Copper

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2022, 04:40:30 pm »
It's pretty important to know which aircraft you're using.
Some aircraft's systems actually create an MSFS flight plan when entering it (like the G1000), so that MSFS ATC can pick that up.
So it is not correct that the destination can only be set from the main menu, it can totally be set after spawning when typing in the flight plan. If that is actually done or if the flight plan remains in a (custom) FMC depends on the aircraft/avionics you're using.

airbadger

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2022, 05:10:22 pm »
It's pretty important to know which aircraft you're using.
Some aircraft's systems actually create an MSFS flight plan when entering it (like the G1000), so that MSFS ATC can pick that up.
So it is not correct that the destination can only be set from the main menu, it can totally be set after spawning when typing in the flight plan. If that is actually done or if the flight plan remains in a (custom) FMC depends on the aircraft/avionics you're using.

PMDG 737.

airbadger

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2022, 02:17:33 am »

The reason for my question was because, after checking the code, the one and only possible reason why that message would appear, if is there was a destination airport set, and it doesn't match the destination on Simbrief.

GSX checks a standard variable in the sim called "AI TRAFFIC TOAIRPORT", which is only supposed to be set if a Destination airport is set in the Main Menu, that equates having made a flight plan, even if you might not really have made a proper plan but, just setting an airport as a destination would set that variable.

If that variable is not set or it's null, you will not see that message.

So we've eliminated the default flight planner as the culprit. What's next?

log:

WASM: Menu open received
https://www.simbrief.com/api/xml.fetcher.php?username=airbadger
The loaded flight plan from KATL doesn't match the one on SimBrief, from KATL to KMYR
emulateMenu_MSFS
WASM: Menu open received
emulateMenu_MSFS CHOICE -3
channel.balance =  -1
emulateMenu_MSFS
WASM: Menu choice received
emulateMenu_MSFS CHOICE 14
https://www.simbrief.com/api/xml.fetcher.php?username=airbadger
The loaded flight plan from KATL doesn't match the one on SimBrief, from KATL to KMYR
channel.balance =  -1
emulateText_MSFS [GSX] SimBrief Error The loaded flight plan from KATL doesn't match the one on SimBrief, from KATL to KMYR 5.0
WASM: Menu choice received
« Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 02:24:19 am by airbadger »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2022, 09:52:59 am »
So we've eliminated the default flight planner as the culprit. What's next?

Something must have set the "AI TRAFFIC TOAIRPORT" variable, be it the default flight planner, or some external add-on, but there's no question it was set to something and it was different than the icao set as destination on Simbrief.

Since nobody ever reported this before, there's no logging of that particular event, which I'm sure it will confirm that variable was set to something but again, since nobody ever reported it, we never thought to add it to the log, something we can surely do in the next update, which might help identify what's setting that variable.

airbadger

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2022, 02:09:09 pm »
My add-on situation hasn't changed since the 12/21 patch when this started happening, but I will start trying to eliminate add-ons that could be conflicting, though I don't think there are any. E.g. I just tested without AIG running and same issue.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 02:22:50 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2022, 02:24:59 pm »
My add-on situation hasn't changed since the 12/21 patch when this started happening, but I will start trying to eliminate add-ons that could be conflicting, though I don't think there are any. E.g. I just tested without AIG running and same issue.

As I've said, since the one and only place where the code prints that specific message, is only when the AI TRAFFIC TOAIRPORT is set to something, and this code never changed, the only possible explanation is your variable is set, even if you haven't set a flight plan, so something must have set it, which is why I said we can only add extra log trying to identify this situation, which nobody else has reported yet.

airbadger

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2022, 03:37:37 pm »

As I've said, since the one and only place where the code prints that specific message, is only when the AI TRAFFIC TOAIRPORT is set to something, and this code never changed, the only possible explanation is your variable is set, even if you haven't set a flight plan, so something must have set it, which is why I said we can only add extra log trying to identify this situation, which nobody else has reported yet.

Loading the flight plan in the default planner in sync with SimBrief seems to be a workaround for now. But it's an extra step I wasn't having to do before, so hopefully, the change to the log will let me see what is going on.

More info for you, if it helps:
The "flight plan doesn't match error" starts happening between 4-5k MSL after taking off. Otherwise, on the ground all through take-off it's in sync.
GSX still knows the planned destination because when I get within 30nm of it, it's at the top of the airport selection list. 

airbadger

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2023, 12:13:59 am »
Still seeing this in the later version. I guess the additional logging didn't make it to this patch?

The loaded flight plan from LSZH doesn't match the one on SimBrief, from LSZH to ELLX
channel.balance =  -1
emulateText_MSFS [GSX] SimBrief Error The loaded flight plan from LSZH doesn't match the one on SimBrief, from LSZH to ELLX 4.0

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2023, 12:22:05 am »
Still seeing this in the later version. I guess the additional logging didn't make it to this patch?

Yes it did, and the very fact you don't see it, seems to confirm you DO have a default flight plan enabled, in addition to the one on Simbrief. Are you sure you are not using some kind of utility or airplane feature that automatically creates a default flight plan for you ?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2023, 12:25:26 am by virtuali »