Author Topic: Couatl engine hasn't started - How to report a problem  (Read 75599 times)

ChanhHoang

Re: Couatl engine hasn't started
« Reply #465 on: December 29, 2023, 06:03:27 pm »
When I start MSFS the Coualt is error.

kevinh

Re: Couatl engine hasn't started - How to report a problem
« Reply #466 on: December 29, 2023, 11:16:52 pm »
When I first load an aircraft in MSFS couatl64 isn't running and GSX won't run. If I then start couatl after the sim loads everything works OK.

EXE.xml has the lines to load couatl64_MSFS.exe

I have made the Addon Manager folder and sub-folders exceptions so the couatl exe files shouldn't be being scanned.

Kevin
« Last Edit: December 29, 2023, 11:28:04 pm by kevinh »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #467 on: December 30, 2023, 12:22:01 am »
When I first load an aircraft in MSFS couatl64 isn't running and GSX won't run. If I then start couatl after the sim loads everything works OK.

Your log doesn't list anything wrong, other than GSX simply received a disconnect command from the sim, as if you closed it.

747upscargo

« Reply #468 on: December 30, 2023, 12:56:44 am »
I have the same problem.......... will not start

with this error message:

couatl v4.8 (build 5341)
panic log started on Sat Dec 30 00:28:11 2023

problem raised by addon <unknown>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".\LiveUpdate\__init__.py", line 33, in autoLiveUpdate
  File ".\LiveUpdate\__init__.py", line 102, in liveUpdate
  File ".\common\preferences.py", line 137, in _setPreference
  File ".\common\preferences.py", line 63, in writePreferencesToDisk
IOError: (13, 'Permission denied', u'C:\\Users\\rober\\AppData\\Roaming\\Virtuali/CouatlAddons.ini')
{'User Pos': (38.165128256157864, -85.73529699618696, 150.883 m, 4.71819 m, 21.19584603796031, 0.008726709522306919, -0.003490658476948738, 0.00014057379551832944, 4.611624034881592, 1.0)}

kevinh

« Reply #469 on: December 30, 2023, 04:18:13 pm »

Your log doesn't list anything wrong, other than GSX simply received a disconnect command from the sim, as if you closed it.
OK, but that doesn't solve my problem. Couatl isn't starting when I load MSFS. I have the addon Manager excluded from antivirus and AV doesn't object when I load it manually. I have also specifically excluded the couatl64_MSFS.exe file. The other three programs in EXE.xml (FSUIPC, Fenix A320 and MDClient) load without problems.

EDIT:
In previous attempts to get Couatl to run I had made changes that I had seen suggested in the forum about making it run as adminstrator and selecting Windows 8 compatibility. I have now unselected both things and thankfully couatl runs as it should 8). (I had also tried changing the encoding of EXE.xml to UTF-8 as suggested in another thread, but that made no difference so I changed it back.)

Umberto, thanks for all the help and advice in the forum. The answers are all here in pinned threads but not knowing where to look makes it hard to find everything. I only found your advice about using the Offline Installer by chance, deep in this thread. I wouldn't have known that was what I needed to run otherwise, although I had noticed the way Updater was always downloading a lot of files every time I ran it. That was my only problem, and couatl not loading was just the symptom.

One question: How will I know when the cloudflare node has updated so I can use the Updater normally again?

Kevin
« Last Edit: December 30, 2023, 05:57:53 pm by kevinh »

Baldeagle53

« Reply #470 on: February 26, 2024, 03:59:50 pm »
I ran the live update and then Coutal engine icon went blank and when I click on it I get the message:
C:\Program Files (x86) Addon Manager\coutal64\Coutal64_MSFS.exe
The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable
How do I resolve this as FSDT is inoperable and was operating until I pressed the Live Update

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #471 on: February 28, 2024, 09:09:22 am »
I ran the live update and then Coutal engine icon went blank and when I click on it I get the message: C:\Program Files (x86) Addon Manager\coutal64\Coutal64_MSFS.exe
How do I resolve this as FSDT is inoperable and was operating until I pressed the Live Update

That's likely a problem of the antivirus which must have corrupted the file. Configure the antivirus to add the whole Addon Manager folder to the Antivirus Exclusions and run the Updater again.

Baldeagle53

« Reply #472 on: February 28, 2024, 05:52:12 pm »
I am using MSFS and have installed the Universal Installer. I then used the FSDT Live Update and thereafter the Start Coutal icon does not work. I get the message
                     C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\coutal64_MSFS,exe

How can this be resolved as everything worked priot to starting Live Update althought the Coutal has always worked sporadically

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #473 on: February 28, 2024, 06:18:43 pm »
As I've said, that's likely a problem of the antivirus which must have corrupted the file. Configure the antivirus to add the whole Addon Manager folder to the Antivirus Exclusions and run the Updater again.

Baldeagle53

« Reply #474 on: March 01, 2024, 01:24:09 am »
I made the Addon Manager an exeption to the anti virus and I ran the updater and it did nit resolve the problem. Indeed, the updater is not functioning properly as I trigger it but it appers and then disappears. I believe this issue requires more analysis from you than merely blaming the antivirus.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #475 on: March 01, 2024, 10:45:56 am »
I made the Addon Manager an exeption to the anti virus and I ran the updater and it did nit resolve the problem. Indeed, the updater is not functioning properly as I trigger it but it appers and then disappears. I believe this issue requires more analysis from you than merely blaming the antivirus.

I can only repeat and confirm that problem can only be caused by the antivirus. Each and every user that correctly configured it as suggested, confirmed it was fixed.

Baldeagle53

« Reply #476 on: March 01, 2024, 04:34:48 pm »
Do I delete the present coutal and couatal64 from the addon manager and then run updater again. Franky, wgen I purchase a product I expect to click and play and not have to go through IT gymnastics

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #477 on: March 02, 2024, 04:35:20 pm »
Franky, wgen I purchase a product I expect to click and play and not have to go through IT gymnastics

I agree, so you must tell the one responsible, which are obviously the antivirus vendors, to fix their products and try for once to respect the industry standards we DO respect, which are designed precisely to prevent antivirus to catch False Positives, which are:

- All executables are Digitally Signed with an Authenticode certificate, which costs us yearly fees to maintain. When you complain to an antivirus vendor their product got a false positive, the first thing they tell you is "is the program digitally signed?", so you can tell them that yes, IT IS.

- A secondary Digital Signature called "software Taggant", which is an IEEE standard that antivirus vendors are SUPPOSED to respect, to give extra reliability to recognize a legit program from a virus. We have this as well.

Baldeagle53

« Reply #478 on: March 03, 2024, 06:00:50 pm »
I now have addon manager in the anti virus exception category. Addon has both the coutal and couatal64 files in it but when I run the Updater the coutal icon does not appear . What should I try as there was no problem until the latest update so I question how the anti virus has corrupted it. Sould I uninstall and reinstall

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #479 on: March 04, 2024, 11:08:05 am »
Addon has both the coutal and couatal64 files in it but when I run the Updater the coutal icon does not appear

Please clarify what do you mean:

- It doesn't appear as a Desktop shortcut

OR

- It's not being launched by the sim