Author Topic: Couatl engine hasn't started - How to report a problem  (Read 75672 times)

Jefford Choy

Re: Couatl engine hasn't started - How to report a problem
« Reply #450 on: November 08, 2023, 08:35:34 am »
I've deleted the Coutal_MSFS.ini file, but the Coutal.log file's content still remains the same.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #451 on: November 08, 2023, 10:27:14 am »
I've deleted the Coutal_MSFS.ini file, but the Coutal.log file's content still remains the same.

Configure the antivirus to have the whole Addon Manager folder added to the Antivirus Exclusions, and try again.

Jefford Choy

« Reply #452 on: November 08, 2023, 10:53:41 am »
I've excluded the Addon Manager file from the anti virus, restarted Coutal and I found another text file named Coutal. It saids that it is a panic log.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #453 on: November 08, 2023, 04:15:41 pm »
I've excluded the Addon Manager file from the anti virus, restarted Coutal and I found another text file named Coutal. It saids that it is a panic log.

Yes, of course. When you removed the .INI file, it disabled logging so now, the couatl.log is not used anymore (the one you have was made when you had logging enabled), so how the one that counts is the Couatl.ERR file instead.

The issue is caused by your audio drivers using Chinese characters, which is something we are working on right now. There's no solution at this time other than using another audio device, until we fix this .

Jefford Choy

« Reply #454 on: November 09, 2023, 02:07:55 pm »
Thhe problem is solved, tysm.

UN-EYE-DENTIFIED

« Reply #455 on: November 13, 2023, 06:37:06 pm »
This is the line i put inside of my msfs EXE.XML and it now auto starts couatl aupon opening the sim.
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Start Couatl for GSX MSFS</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\couatl64\Couatl64_MSFS.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #456 on: November 14, 2023, 11:21:56 pm »
This is the line i put inside of my msfs EXE.XML and it now auto starts couatl aupon opening the sim.

That line is automatically added by the installer:

- when Onstalling GSX

- when Updating GSX with the Updater

- when Relinking GSX after it has been unlinked.

Konohana

« Reply #457 on: December 15, 2023, 09:39:58 am »
When I change the GSX options and try to apply them, GSX stops working and the GSX menu is always loaded. I am attaching the logs, please check and let me know how to resolve this issue.
*I do not have security software running.

Baldeagle53

« Reply #458 on: December 25, 2023, 06:14:20 pm »
The pre-made Coutal is blocked as it can harm my computer. Is there another way to get the Coutal to work as it failed suddenly

Baldeagle53

« Reply #459 on: December 26, 2023, 08:21:23 pm »
The attachment did not resolve the problem as nothing was in it. This is very frustrating that GSX is not functioning soon aftert purchase.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #460 on: December 27, 2023, 12:11:02 am »
The attachment did not resolve the problem as nothing was in it. This is very frustrating that GSX is not functioning soon aftert purchase.

What attachment you are referring to?

Baldeagle53

« Reply #461 on: December 27, 2023, 03:28:10 pm »
I am not very computer literate and thus do not know how to implement your instructions. Since it burdensome for you to resolve this issue occuring with a newly purchased product I am forced to contest the credit catd charge

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #462 on: December 28, 2023, 08:17:20 pm »
I am not very computer literate and thus do not know how to implement your instructions. Since it burdensome for you to resolve this issue occurring with a newly purchased product I am forced to contest the credit catd charge

I really don't know where, exactly, you had the impression that it is "burdensome" for me to solve your problem. I asked you for clarification because I haven't fully understood your sentence "What attachment you are referring to?", which is exactly the opposite of one not willing to help you.

Baldeagle53

« Reply #463 on: December 28, 2023, 09:21:46 pm »
I uninstalled and reinstalled GSX and the problem was resolved. Much easier yhan the process suggested by Virtuali

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #464 on: December 28, 2023, 11:15:59 pm »
I uninstalled and reinstalled GSX and the problem was resolved. Much easier yhan the process suggested by Virtuali

I tend to suggest the less obvious things, because I assume you already tried the most obvious one: uninstalling/reinstalling. Isn't the first thing one does when troubleshooting an issue with a new program?