Author Topic: COUATL scripting engine not starting in MSFS  (Read 71288 times)

mirabeau

Re: COUATL scripting engine not starting in MSFS
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2022, 12:00:44 am »
Attached err file, cant see log file

Hi, Thanks

replaced files, restarted MSFS. I get GSx icon but when I click it says couatl scripting engine hasn't start.

Same here, installed Ok but nothing in MSFS Top menu. Run couatl for MSFS, restarted MSFS and nothing in menu

Good evening,

just bought GSX Pro for MSFS, the couatl scripting engine however doesn't seem to start. I tried with the Fenix A320 at Skiathos Airport by ORBX if that matters.

TomReborn

« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2022, 12:02:01 am »
Nothing changed, you still don't have any errors, and nothing in your shows you ever pressed the Toolbar icon to start GSX, are you sure you did that and THEN exited the program without restarting it ?
Well as I said - couatl process disappears from task manager as soon as I click on the gsx icon in the msfs toolbar. I have packed the log without restarting couatl.

Exactly the same as me, even with it running as administrator. May be a couatl issue here

gamesyns

« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2022, 12:07:39 am »
Nothing changed, you still don't have any errors, and nothing in your shows you ever pressed the Toolbar icon to start GSX, are you sure you did that and THEN exited the program without restarting it ?

Here is the process I am using to test:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnheUTniing; here is the log file from the video
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 12:09:15 am by virtuali »

adlouah

« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2022, 12:09:31 am »
Hi everyone and thanks fsdt for releasing GSX for MSFS.

I've got the same engine error as everyone else and I tried all the tricks and copied the files provided in this post. Please find attached my couatl file. Looking forward to getting support with this so that I can enjoy GSX.

Best
adlouah
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 12:11:58 am by adlouah »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2022, 12:12:07 am »
Attached err file, cant see log file

Your log clearly indicates it's a SERVER UPDATE issue. Like several others, you are getting an error from a line that has been moved in the file, so you surely have an outdated version of some files.

cholland

« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2022, 12:18:13 am »
I thought it was just me so I'm glad to see (in a strange way!) lots of others having exactly the same problem.

Installation went very smoothly. On loading up a flight, I get the new GSX icon but when I click it, it says "COUATL SCRIPTING ENGINE HASN'T STARTED". The Couatl app IS loaded and is happily sitting in my sys tray and even says "Airport Cache loaded successfully" if you hover over the icon. I've added the 'updated' file and no change.

Just teething troubles I am sure but disappointing not to be able to try this out this evening.

TomReborn

« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2022, 12:19:09 am »
I've just loaded up MSFS fresh and new. Checked couatl and it's still running, clicked to load into flight and it was still running...flight loaded in, models of GSX loaded in and bam, couatl disappeared from the taskbox. Something is crashing couatl and no idea what it is.

Couatl is being ran in administrator mode, logfile is still the same as before and doesn't show any errors

gamesyns

« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2022, 12:20:53 am »
I've just loaded up MSFS fresh and new. Checked couatl and it's still running, clicked to load into flight and it was still running...flight loaded in, models of GSX loaded in and bam, couatl disappeared from the taskbox. Something is crashing couatl and no idea what it is.

Couatl is being ran in administrator mode, logfile is still the same as before and doesn't show any errors

FWIW, this sounds different from my issue. My Couatl continues to run no issue, regardless. Just getting the in-sim error and no main menu. Might be two different problems here.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2022, 12:23:29 am »
The Couatl app IS loaded and is happily sitting in my sys tray and even says "Airport Cache loaded successfully" if you hover over the icon. I've added the 'updated' file and no change.

You are probably getting an error.

- open the Notepad and type the following on a new blank file:

logFile=couatl.log

(please note logFile is written beginning with a lower case L and a capital F )

- Save the file as couatl_MSFS.ini in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder

- Restart Couatl from the Tray Bar

- Check your %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder and if there's a Couatl.LOG file there, post its content

- DO NOT copy the file in a message, but use the "Attach" function of the forum to ZIP the log file and Attach it to a post.

KenrickPollock

« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2022, 12:27:18 am »
Pleas see Couatl.err.zip file

couatl v3.2 (build 4792)
panic log started on Thu Aug 18 18:15:10 2022

problem raised by engine or unspecified addon
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: No module named wx
Application aborted because of a Python error
{}

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2022, 12:31:15 am »
Pleas see Couatl.err.zip file

couatl v3.2 (build 4792)
panic log started on Thu Aug 18 18:15:10 2022

That's a log file made by the Couatl for FSX. Have you tried to start it manually from the (wrong) folder  ?

concordeag

« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2022, 12:32:04 am »
Facing the same error, here is my error log
regards
steve

njflyer08

« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2022, 12:42:05 am »
OK I got it to work, although I still have to start COUATL64_MSFS by hand (it wont start automatically)
 I unstinstalled ALL my FSDT products, including the P3D versions, deleted all FSDT folders (APPDATA, Addon Manager, etc.)
Upon loading FS20, GSX menu was there, but still was getting the message that couatl was not started, I started it by hand, and finally got GSX to work. Not sure if this will help anyone, but it is working for now. Umberto, how do I get COUATL to start automatically?

cholland

« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2022, 12:43:50 am »
Here you go. This is the latest log file to update. Hope it helps as I am certainly not wanting to uninstall all my GSXLevel 2 installation for P3D.

The Couatl app IS loaded and is happily sitting in my sys tray and even says "Airport Cache loaded successfully" if you hover over the icon. I've added the 'updated' file and no change.

You are probably getting an error.

- open the Notepad and type the following on a new blank file:

logFile=couatl.log

(please note logFile is written beginning with a lower case L and a capital F )

- Save the file as couatl_MSFS.ini in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder

- Restart Couatl from the Tray Bar

- Check your %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder and if there's a Couatl.LOG file there, post its content

- DO NOT copy the file in a message, but use the "Attach" function of the forum to ZIP the log file and Attach it to a post.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2022, 12:45:35 am »
Facing the same error, here is my error log

As with others, your log clearly indicates it's a SERVER UPDATE issue. Like several others, you are getting an error from a line that has been moved in the file, so you surely have an outdated version of some files. Try this:

- Remove this folder:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\UpdateCache

- Run it again and see if it downloads something new.