Author Topic: COUATL scripting engine not starting in MSFS  (Read 70045 times)

asalazare

Re: COUATL scripting engine not starting in MSFS
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2022, 10:55:45 pm »
Same here, downloaded and overwritted the DAT file, but the situation is the same.

Diego Madariaga

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2022, 10:57:14 pm »
Hello, same here without success

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2022, 10:58:21 pm »
Try again, it's even possible your browser is playing tricks on you: because the updater downloaded the old file, your browser might have cached it, so you are again getting the old version from the forum. Try a different method, by using the file attached here.

GSXMSFS22

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2022, 11:05:12 pm »
Try again, it's even possible your browser is playing tricks on you: because the updater downloaded the old file, your browser might have cached it, so you are again getting the old version from the forum. Try a different method, by using the file attached here.

You sure you have the right file linked? I ask because over on AVSIM someone said the right file size is 126,144 (assuming KB), but this file you're linking is 710KB..

Diego Madariaga

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2022, 11:06:23 pm »

Nothing, same issue with the last .zip file.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2022, 11:08:24 pm »
You sure you have the right file linked? I ask because over on AVSIM someone said the right file size is 126,144 (assuming KB), but this file you're linking is 710KB..

And that's precisely why we DO NOT want people using Avsim for support, when the one and only place that can fix things it's obviously here. That user must have mixed up his numbers, because the correct size, in bytes, it's 726,144 bytes so, it seems somebody must have confused a 7 for a 1.

dominomosina

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2022, 11:10:03 pm »
Still nothing - Couatl64_MSFS process disappeared as soon as the flight loaded, manually starting it when the sim is running does nothing - no "COUATL scripting engine not starting in MSFS" message, no GSX window still...

GSXMSFS22

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2022, 11:11:27 pm »

And that's precisely why we DO NOT want people using Avsim for support, when the one and only place that can fix things it's obviously here. That user must have mixed up his numbers, because the correct size, in bytes, it's 726,144 bytes so, it seems somebody must have confused a 7 for a 1.

Well, whatever you're linking is also not working, so I don't think the issue is that someone posted on AVSIM vs here, is it? Anyway, you guys are clearly getting slammed right now, hoping you can fix it in a few hours.

mulgrave

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2022, 11:12:26 pm »
Hi, Thanks

replaced files, restarted MSFS. I get GSx icon but when I click it says couatl scripting engine hasn't start.

Same here, installed Ok but nothing in MSFS Top menu. Run couatl for MSFS, restarted MSFS and nothing in menu

Good evening,

just bought GSX Pro for MSFS, the couatl scripting engine however doesn't seem to start. I tried with the Fenix A320 at Skiathos Airport by ORBX if that matters.

TomReborn

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2022, 11:12:43 pm »
I have included a video below of the issue we're facing. Couatl is running but the menu does not load. GSX vehicles are there but just no menu

https://youtu.be/krbi9pTFNRA

(Video is still processing in HD, but you can tell what I'm doing)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 11:15:36 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2022, 11:17:24 pm »
You are probably getting an error.

- open the Notepad and type the following on a new blank file:

logFile=couatl.log

(please note logFile is written beginning with a lower case L and a capital F )

- Save the file as couatl_MSFS.ini in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder

- Restart Couatl from the Tray Bar

- Check your %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder and if there's a Couatl.LOG file there, post its content

- DO NOT copy the file in a message, but use the "Attach" function of the forum to ZIP the log file and Attach it to a post.
Modify message

njflyer08

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2022, 11:21:44 pm »
I am having the same exact issues, tried loading the file umberto posted, no changes. I can see the process active via Process Lasso, but upon loading initially the message "COATL Scripting Engine hasn't started" appears, then the same issues as posted in the video above.
GSX Menu is there but nothing happens when clicking on it..

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2022, 11:22:08 pm »

logFile=couatl.log

- Check your %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder and if there's a Couatl.LOG file there, post its content

- DO NOT copy the file in a message, but use the "Attach" function of the forum to ZIP the log file and Attach it to a post.
Modify message
Modify message

KenrickPollock

« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2022, 11:22:57 pm »
I cannot get any Live update... nor get coualt to run

TomReborn

« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2022, 11:25:14 pm »

logFile=couatl.log

Modify message

I do not see the Couatl.LOG file, however, these show up. Would you like me to attach the Couatl.err file instead?