Author Topic: COUATL scripting engine not starting in MSFS  (Read 70044 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: COUATL scripting engine not starting in MSFS
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2022, 11:25:26 pm »
I cannot get any Live update... nor get coualt to run

Please open a new thread, because this thread is not related to any issues with the Live Update. If the Live Update doesn't start, nothing will work, but if we mixup your issue with the one discussed here, it will only made the thread unreadable. Please open a new thread with a proper subject and try to explain your problem as precisely as possible.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2022, 11:27:00 pm »
I do not see the Couatl.LOG file, however, these show up. Would you like me to attach the Couatl.err file instead?

You have visibility of file extensions disabled in your windows explorer, so it's not easy to understand which file is which. The .err file is ok.

dominomosina

« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2022, 11:31:53 pm »
I'm attaching both couatl.LOG created using the method you described and Couatl.err which was already there

TomReborn

« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2022, 11:33:42 pm »
I do not see the Couatl.LOG file, however, these show up. Would you like me to attach the Couatl.err file instead?

You have visibility of file extensions disabled in your windows explorer, so it's not easy to understand which file is which. The .err file is ok.

Ahh I see, I see them now. I've attached this for you

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2022, 11:37:48 pm »
Both your logs don't show any errors. It's very likely that, an error might have happened only after opening the GSX Toolbar menu so, be sure you do that, then exit Couatl from its Traybar icon and check the log again.

There isn't any need to reload the simulator at any time, the Couatl program now has a Tray bar icon, and can be started and restarted as many times as you need, without restarting the sim. But keep in mind, when you restart it, a previous log that might contains useful information from the previous session, will be overwritten.

So, as soon you realize the menu doesn't open after you click on it, exit Couatl with the Tray bar icon, and check the new log file. And attach it, Zipped.

dominomosina

« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2022, 11:44:05 pm »
Both your logs don't show any errors. It's very likely that, an error might have happened only after opening the GSX Toolbar menu so, be sure you do that, then exit Couatl from its Traybar icon and check the log again.

There isn't any need to reload the simulator at any time, the Couatl program now has a Tray bar icon, and can be started and restarted as many times as you need, without restarting the sim. But keep in mind, when you restart it, a previous log that might contains useful information from the previous session, will be overwritten.

So, as soon you realize the menu doesn't open after you click on it, exit Couatl with the Tray bar icon, and check the new log file. And attach it, Zipped.

Here you go - launched Couatl64_MSFS, tried to load in-game panel, after few seconds of nothing even the tray icon disappears, so here is the newest log zipped after the process has stopped

gamesyns

« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2022, 11:44:27 pm »

Here you go

davide93

« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2022, 11:47:29 pm »
hi, i try all the think but i still have the same error...
i can not use it at all

donkey20048

« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2022, 11:53:31 pm »
i am also having the same issue i have reinstalled in case of a dodgy download my antivirus and firewall are off and exceptions added just incase and have use the file you have provided and overwritten.

I have even tried to restart from the taskbar but still get same error

TomReborn

« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2022, 11:54:15 pm »

Here's mine

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2022, 11:55:43 pm »
Nothing changed, you still don't have any errors, and nothing in your shows you ever pressed the Toolbar icon to start GSX, are you sure you did that and THEN exited the program without restarting it ?

Kenco

« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2022, 11:56:03 pm »
These are just some potential fixes that I have came across, and I want to share.

This GSX issue seems to have been a thing for years across P3D version as well. Here are some fixes I'd recommend. It seems that Couatl crashes when MSFS opens, because it struggles to open and read parts of .py files - from the couatl.ERR file.

> Add C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager as an exclusion in your antivirus firewall before you install.

> Try running the FSDT Live Updater to fix any lost files.

> Uninstall all of your Visual C++ files through Control Panel, restart your PC, go onto Microsoft's website and re-download the Visual C++ Redistributables (x64) (google it).

The Visual C++ fixed for me, but occasionally I still get the script error, and have to restart PC/sim. I'll keep looking into it and let you know if I find anything.

TomReborn

« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2022, 11:57:45 pm »
Nothing changed, you still don't have any errors, and nothing in your shows you ever pressed the Toolbar icon to start GSX, are you sure you did that and THEN exited the program without restarting it ?

100% yes I did click it. It seems that couatl crashes when I click it as there's nothing to exit after clicking the button in-sim

nerd1146

« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2022, 11:57:50 pm »
I've done 2 pc restarts, 6 reinstalls 12 couatl restarts and nadda, plus im not able to find  the log.

dominomosina

« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2022, 11:59:46 pm »
Well as I said - couatl process disappears from task manager as soon as I click on the gsx icon in the msfs toolbar. I have packed the log without restarting couatl.