Author Topic: GSX and P3D 5.3: does it work already?  (Read 8750 times)

snoopy_belgium

Re: GSX and P3D 5.3: does it work already?
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2021, 10:02:48 am »
Do you have IVAO altitude installed? Removing the link to IVAO from the dll.xml file in the P3D roaming map solves the problem. After the Delete Generated Files I have added Altitude and the problem was there again.  So IVAO and P3D 5.3 is a problem it seems.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2021, 11:43:48 am »
hi Umberto, borrow this thread, is there still any possible for real RTT in v5? :D

A real RTT would be nice to have but, it comes with many issues:

- DirectX 12 is way more complex and potentially dangerous to use. The very existence of this thread here is exemplary: there's a problem that is clearly internal to P3D and can be easily verified as such, since GSX is by no means the only application that use a menu, yet users come here asking for support and who knows how many will not come here and will just assume it's a GSX issue. And here we used a 100% safe and documented Simconnect call which everybody else uses too. Imagine what will happen if we added something that COULD theoretically crash the sim with a DXGI error, using a technique basically nobody else use. See how much time it took to LM to finally reach some kind of stability with DirectX 12, and they wrote the whole sim and they have the ability to debug it, we couldn't possibly do the same, and I'm not very confident selling something based on a technology I didn't fully grasp myself.

- Almost all users asked for RTT because they wanted multi-liveries for GSX operators and jetways, and we brought them back recently. Sure, without the ability to use custom textures but, we also added like 300 extra liveries for jetways and improved lots of the existings ones for the ground operators that we hope it would be less likely you'll ever need a custom texture.

- P3D is no longer the only sim we need to support.

GSX for MSFS will eventually come and there's no way Microsoft will ever allow something as potentially dangerous like access to DirectX in the sim ( they don't even allow standard .EXE files in the Marketplace, the only way to create "proper" executables is using the severely limited WASM that cannot do much other than reading/writing in its own folders ). So, for MSFS, we will use exactly the same method for multi-liveries as in P3D V5 so, it made sense to work on it, so it will stay as the new "standard" way of doing airport customization, for both sims.

This commonality is what will allow use to continue to support GSX in P3D for the foreseeable future.

hanfry

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2021, 07:43:33 pm »
Investigating forums I have been able to find the solution, and the problem is derived from the ivao client altitude program, it must be disabled in dll.xml and the GSX / SODE menus are already shown without problem :) :)

Moath Sayel

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2021, 12:23:31 am »
I did remove IVAO Altitude from dll.xml and it works great !!!

LEdwards2012

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2021, 12:46:14 pm »
I am having the same issue as reported above. I have done a complete reinstall of Windows 11, P3D 5.3, GSX L2 etc. as I have just upgraded from P3D4.5 to v5.3.

When I try and open the GSX menu the sim CTDs.

The instructions to change the menu system from the LM forum linked above are not consistent with the current missionpanels.cfg wording so I am reluctant to try and change that.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

snoopy_belgium

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2021, 12:55:23 pm »
And you have also Ivao Altitude installed or not?

LEdwards2012

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2021, 01:05:15 pm »
And you have also Ivao Altitude installed or not?

Yes I do.
I have just managed to get the GSX menu to work though by amending missionpanels.cfg for [Window11] as follows:
old:
html_file                 = Menu                  ; Use the generic menu window html content
html_instance_name        = SimConnectWindowPanel      ; Provide a unique instance name

new:
scaleform_file            = Menuwindow                  ; Use the generic menu window html content
scaleform_instance_name   = SimConnectWindow      ; Provide a unique instance name

I will see if Altitude works with this change and report back.

LEdwards2012

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2021, 01:46:10 pm »
Altitude and GSX menus both work with the fix above. I have also got the ATC window to work by changing as follows in [Windows 10]

old:
html_file                 = ATC                 ; ATC html file
html_instance_name        = AtcPanel                  ; Provide a unique instance name

new:
scaleform_file        = menuwindow        ; ATC html file
scaleform_instance_name   = ATC;          ; Provide a unique instance name

hanfry

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2021, 09:37:44 pm »
Thank you very much, I can already use ivao altitude and gsx

marc320

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2021, 10:38:04 am »
hello
I tried your tips but doesn't works.

I get a black square then CTD

Disregard I missed window 11 update.

See you and congrats for your tips :D
« Last Edit: December 05, 2021, 11:04:23 am by marc320 »

Milonas

« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2021, 05:11:07 am »
Thanks to everyone who made sure that GSX works as usual again! :) :) :)
I also modified the missionpanels.cfg and did not experience any CTD. ::) ::) ::)

Thanks again! :D :D :D

Special thanks to LEdwards2012
« Last Edit: December 11, 2021, 05:13:07 am by Milonas »

HansJ

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2021, 05:30:53 pm »
had the same problem and its working again according to your good explanation thanks very much
johannes

tpgiovanni

« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2021, 11:43:46 pm »
I have the same issue, cannot open GSX menu without a CTD.
I have just reinstalled windows, p3d, GSX...everything up to date and brand new.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2021, 02:19:45 am »
I have the same issue, cannot open GSX menu without a CTD.
I have just reinstalled windows, p3d, GSX...everything up to date and brand new.

I'm not sure why you are posting here, when this thread already confirmed multiple times by several users the problem doesn't have anything with GSX, will affect any other add-on with a menu just the same, and can be fixed in several ways, all explained on this very thread.