Author Topic: Prepar3D V5 installers instructions  (Read 47171 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Prepar3D V5 installers instructions
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2020, 10:40:06 am »
I know it sounds strange, but it happened twice and only happened every time I was uninstalling FSDT products. I decided to leave the airports alone and only installed GSX.

It's not strange, it's basically impossible, because you are the one and only ever reported this. The only possible explanation is: one of your configuration files, likely the add-on.cfg, has been corrupted by ANOTHER product, most likely a bugged product that has installers that wrongly try to write that file themselves, and destroyed it by changing the encoding, which is supposed to be Unicode, but many bugged installers write it back to ANSI.

Our installers DO NOT try to write ANY of the P3D config files directly. They all follow LM guidelines that these files should never be touched by installers, and they should only use the P3D command line utilities, that use the simulator *itself* to make any changes to these files, both when installing and when uninstalling. However, if these files were corrupted ( change of encoding is the typical mistake they do ) by another application, it's POSSIBLE that, when our Uninstaller, which as a proper P3D-compliant installer delegates the change of these to the sim own facilities, results in the sim itself not being able to change the file, since it encountered a wrong encoding caused by another non-compliant installer that changed it.

That's the only possible explanation of why you have been mislead into thinking "Uninstalling FSDT corrupted my sim". What corrupted your sim was a non-compliant installer or a bugged installer, but you had to use a proper installer like the FSDT one, to realize its effect.

And yes, before you say "if the file was already corrupted, why I didn't noticed ?" and the answer is the actual simulator is more resilient against those kind of file corruption, and accepts files in both encoding style ( that's why many developers don't even bother changing it, the sim continue to work ), but the command line facilities all proper installers ( like ours ) are not the same routines as the one used while the sim is running, and they might be more strict about the file syntax, likely because they assume "everybody" would use them, so they don't expect those files might be changed externally by non-compliant installers.

Sorry for the lengthy explanation, but it's important to squash rumors about "GSX corrupted the sim", before they grow and spread into urban legends.

Shivam3005

« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2020, 06:23:45 pm »
Fselite's compatibility list says JFK and MEM is ready for P5D. is this correct? as i don't see it listed in the downloads page.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2020, 10:28:40 pm »
Fselite's compatibility list says JFK and MEM is ready for P5D. is this correct? as i don't see it listed in the downloads page.

What do you mean with "listed in the download page", they surely are. This very thread starts with:

All our installers has been updated to support Prepar3D V5

Is there something not clear about it ?

Shivam3005

« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2020, 12:12:40 am »
Sorry didn't see that part lol, even though it's right at the top. It happens when you have a 15 month old jumping in your face.

roli lsmu

« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2020, 03:05:58 pm »
"The code execution cannot proceed because d3dx9_34.dll was not fount"

Same problem here.
No issues with other FSDT-Installers.

If you followed the post, the user who reported this fixed it by updating DirectX:

I just installed DirectX package from Microsoft and all good. Thanks for your help.

Thank you for the hint. I can confirm, that a reinstallation of DirectX has solved the problem.

Cheers
Roland
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 06:12:32 pm by roli lsmu »

Johnliem

« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2020, 09:13:19 am »
Hello Umberto,

I do not change any hardware.

Suddenly all my Fsdreamteam airports become a trial, I did click on all the *.Reg files, but when I go to Addon manager when P3D V5 is running I see them all trial, can you tell me how to fix this. thanks

Win11 Pro 64 Bit, IntelĀ® Core i9-10900K 5.3 GHz, Nvidia RTX 3090, DDR4 4000 128GB, P3D V5

Xiropillo

« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2020, 11:22:41 am »
I had problems and everything solved registering Sode in Sode platform manager. It was active for v4 but not for v5. Now everything is running fine.

Johnliem

« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2020, 01:27:19 pm »
Yes , thank you it is solved now.
Win11 Pro 64 Bit, IntelĀ® Core i9-10900K 5.3 GHz, Nvidia RTX 3090, DDR4 4000 128GB, P3D V5

lee kyu hyoun

Re: Prepar3D V5 설치 관리자 지침
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2020, 02:42:40 pm »
I can't install p3dv5.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl

captainvanzanten

« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2021, 12:46:36 pm »
when will we have the logos again because there is time that they are talking about updating but the logos never come?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2021, 01:05:23 pm »
when will we have the logos again because there is time that they are talking about updating but the logos never come?

This has been answered several times already: with the current situation of crashes due to VRAM exhaustion and DX12, we decided not to use DirectX anymore in P3D V5 but, instead, use a new feature that has been added with 5.1, that is Render to Texture using HTML5, which should be hopefully more reliable.

However, this feature is not complete yet, because it still lacks a crucial feature we need, that is support for non-square textures ( all GSX liveries are not square ), so we need it to be added by LM first, in a future update.

The, after LM adds it, we can START working on it, to translate all parts in GSX that used to use DirectX to this new system.

lucatrader

« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2021, 02:01:29 am »
what's about a new pc with p3d , how  the instalation works
« Last Edit: February 04, 2021, 09:57:45 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2021, 09:58:42 am »
what's about a new pc with p3d , how  the instalation works

Not sure what you are asking. The installation is exactly the same with a new PC, it's just that you'll surely have to activate the products, same as you do when you buy them.

MaxDE96

• I dont know
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2022, 03:38:18 pm »
Hey dear community,

I didn't want to make a new post :D Hope it's Okey so.

I bought P3Dv5 after much thought and wanted to install GSX, I uninstalled P3Dv4 first.
I turned off my Windows Defender via the "Regist" command during installation, I wanted to enable GSX, but it doesn't work, he tells me that Coutl could not start or something like that and that I have to do something with the antivirus first.

Antivirus is off
Program installed as admin
SIM: P3Dv5