Author Topic: New update  (Read 3989 times)

abic

New update
« on: July 02, 2019, 01:57:02 am »
Thanks for the new update, which mentioned that pilots and crew now can be customized. Went to the Manual and descriptions for customizing this. But I'm not a programmer and would like my 3rd party airplanes change to no pilot/crew boarding/leaving (mostly GA aircraft). I see the code description "L: etc, etc ...." but don't know how to deal with it or where is the the GSX config file or instruction to ,place them. Anybody can help??
Thanks, Bernd

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: New update
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 01:59:06 am »
The number of pilot and crew is something that can only be controlled by airplane developers from their code.

abic

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2019, 03:04:05 am »
Thank you for your quick reply.
But you are apparently able to alter the developers aircraft code, i.e. 2 pilots and 4 crew for passenger commercial ac and 2 pilots and 1 crew for cargo planes. I would like to ask you to do some coding for GA aircraft without the pilot/crew boarding/deboarding if possible or give us the possibility to change this. Apparently you, GSX/couatl give us your customer the choice of # passengers deboarding, why can't you do the same for pilots/crew?
It is really weird to see 2 pilots and 4 females stumble out of an GA and then also see that they stick their heads out of the fuselage because they are (of course) not programmed for bending down.
This is not a critic it just looks not right. I'm pretty sure you are able to do that.
Thanks anyway, Bernd

Beat578

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2019, 08:13:19 am »
It's a difference between setting a standard for Passenger / Cargo planes (they are defined in the aircraft editor) or a individual type of plane like the Airbus, the Boeing 744, 777, 787 or whatever.
But in another topic, Umberto said they consider adding the possibility to add the Number of Crew and even if they leave the plane into the Aircraft.cfg. It will come, I guess, just not that close by.
In the meantime, FSLabs, Aerosoft and others are already working on implementing that.

The other problem will take longer for sure. As Umberto said in another topic: It's not easy to fit people in smaller planes. You need a complete new set of people and animations for that. You have to define not only the floor, but also the roof of a plane and still the movement should look real, thats not easy to acchive in a simulator. You have to keep in mind, that Prepar is not developed for Animation of people... So, I am not sure if it will come. I am sure they try to make it possible. But that's a hard one to develop.
Beat578

abic

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2019, 11:37:21 pm »
Thanks "Beat578",

for you comments and explanation. I'm patient to wait until Umberto comes up with a resolution. It only came to my mind from Umberto's reply that the pilot/crew customization can only be done by the 3rd party developer and that he has defined pilot/crew numbers by the passenger or cargo definition in the ac editor ( or is it the confg-file?). Anyway, if Umberto could do it for passenger or cargo it should be possible i.e. just to eliminate pilot/crew for GA aircraft the same way, at least that was my question. And it would solve the GA issue.
I agree fully that the people problem for smaller planes is much more difficult and I even don't really expect that this would be resolved in a short time, if at all. I mean I like this add. GSX features but the main is the "flying".
Thanks anyway to all of you ....
Bernd

Butch

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2019, 12:50:43 am »
The number of pilot and crew is something that can only be controlled by airplane developers from their code.

I use P3D V3.4 and the info that list of changes looks to pertain only to P3D V4 series, So it looks like I wouldn't benefit from this update and all the trial
and tribulations associated with installing it.  I've noticed other comments from folks that tired to install it and I have some reservations about this update
especially when I see that 99% of the changes are P3D V4 related.

Beat578

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2019, 07:38:31 am »
I would update anyway, because there are also lot's of bugfixes and small things that you can benefit from still. It's the new models and PBR, yes, thats for Prepar 4.4 only, but there are still things that would make GSX for your sim more stable as well.
Beat578

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2019, 11:07:24 am »
I use P3D V3.4 and the info that list of changes looks to pertain only to P3D V4 series,

Lots of people said Pushback is the most important feature in GSX. The new custom pushback is available for all users, even in FSX. And there's a TON of bugfixes for all users too.

So it looks like I wouldn't benefit from this update and all the trial and tribulations associated with installing it.  I've noticed other comments from folks that tired to install it and I have some reservations about this update

Right now, most of these "tribulations" were caused by problems on user's systems.

The most common one were stray registry keys pointing to simulators that are not installed ( caused either by migration tools or by having set those keys manually to fake a dummy install to install non compatible addons in P3D ), or in one case a dummy fsx.exe with a 0 length, also purposely created for the same reason, and these confused the updater, which either ended up in a error, or downloaded the wrong files.

And, we had issues with FSX and P3D3 initially which really were the only real "bug" in the update, and I have no problem admitting we haven't tested 32 bit simulators enough, and I already apologized for that but, right now, ALL of these issues (those that have been reported, of course) have been fixed.

Butch

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2019, 04:33:38 pm »
Ok, I see in another thread here that you no longer support any P3D sim older then P3D V4 (series) and that's fine, I get it. I use P3D V3.4 and my point is, any future notifications
of updates are really moot in my situation (I use older P3D Version you don't support),
I got a notification the other day that GSX had an update:
https://www.fsdreamteam.com/couatl_liveupdate_notes.html

Based on you or others here that I should installed the update even thought I use older P3D version.

So I went here to get what I thought would contain the latest update:
https://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_gsx.html

I downloaded the full installer (32bit) and installed it.
I have version GSX 2.6.0, or so it says, installed. Is this the latest and greatest?
By downloading the installer, I assume that would incorporate all latest applicable (remember, I'm using P3D V3.4) updates. Don't know if the P3D V4 files are installed on my HD or what
happens to them as I don have P3D V4 installed.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 04:38:34 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2019, 04:42:44 pm »
Ok, I see in another thread here that you no longer support any P3D sim older then P3D V4 (series) and that's fine, I get it. I use P3D V3.4 and my point is, any future notifications of updates are really moot in my situation (I use older P3D Version you don't support),

No, that's not what I said. We are still supporting FSX, for example.

I said that, with the P3D4 installer, the minimum version of P3D4 supported is 4.4. With P3D V3, you would have to use the 32 bit installer for FSX/P3D1/2/3 and similarly, in this case, the only P3D V3 version supported is 3.4, so it should be no problem in your case.

Butch

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2019, 05:36:03 pm »
Ok, I see in another thread here that you no longer support any P3D sim older then P3D V4 (series) and that's fine, I get it. I use P3D V3.4 and my point is, any future notifications of updates are really moot in my situation (I use older P3D Version you don't support),

No, that's not what I said. We are still supporting FSX, for example.

I said that, with the P3D4 installer, the minimum version of P3D4 supported is 4.4. With P3D V3, you would have to use the 32 bit installer for FSX/P3D1/2/3 and similarly, in this case, the only P3D V3 version supported is 3.4, so it should be no problem in your case.

Thanks for clearing that up, a few unanswered questions remain,

1. As I mentioned, Today I received update notification that contained updates:
https://www.fsdreamteam.com/couatl_liveupdate_notes.html

2. I went to this page thinking I  would obtain the latest update:
I downloaded the 32 bit GSX installer from this link
https://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_gsx.html

3. I have GSX 2.6.0 as a result and would like to know if I am caught up and have latest updates.

4. To summarize, Anytime I receive  future "update" notifications, I assume that #2 above is method to acquire update
i.e., a complete reinstall is required to acquire updates. (The only way I can determine update version is during installation
process when I read version number and changes made).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2019, 06:07:46 pm »
This update was so large, that it was probably best to download the full installer, but you could have used just the FSDT Live Update.

Future updates will likely be smaller (especially with 32 bit, since we don't plan adding new stuff in the future, only bugfixes), so you can just run the FSDT Live Update, when notified.