Author Topic: Scenery not showing, GSX stopped working...just to name a few  (Read 3988 times)

hoang

Hi,
I have been using FSDT products for several months now and I have encounter so many errors. On the flight today I give up and have to report here so that you know this is not the first time (well, it is, in some aspect).
I chose FSX:SE and not P3D because I need a stable platform, where I can use the sim without worrying new updates messing up my setup. But the only thing in my simulator that not stable is FSDT products. Here are some problems I have had since started using FSDT products (GSX and airports):
-GSX works fine on departure airport, stop working on destination airport (no GSX on the FSX menu), everything else worked fine.
-Start up FSX but FSDT products do not work (GSX/airports).
For most of the time, I restart my simulator, it works again. There was one time I have to re-download and reinstall GSX because I could not get it to work no matter what.
But today for the first time (with the newly KIAH which I just purchased days ago) during landing at Houston I found out the airport is unusable, no airport, no GSX, nothing. No GSX on the FSX menu (only Addon Manager). I took some pictures. It was working yesterday when I checked it and departed from it with another flight. Both producst are ACTIVE.

http://i.imgur.com/JlqHc5J.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/rltVIxr.jpg
I would like to know the cause of problem and is it possible to make it more stable or working without having to restart the simulator. After more than 14 hours from Doha this is the last thing I want to happen with my simulator. My Internet is working fine.

Thank you,
Hoang Le

« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 11:30:21 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Scenery not showing, GSX stopped working...just to name a few
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 11:32:14 am »
But today for the first time (with the newly KIAH which I just purchased days ago) during landing at Houston I found out the airport is unusable, no airport, no GSX, nothing. No GSX on the FSX menu (only Addon Manager). I took some pictures. It was working yesterday when I checked it and departed from it with another flight. Both producst are ACTIVE.

Do you have both the "Addon Manager" and the "Couatl" and "GSX" menus under the Addons menu ?

hoang

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 05:16:36 pm »

Do you have both the "Addon Manager" and the "Couatl" and "GSX" menus under the Addons menu ?
Hi,
I only have Addon Manager, no Couatl and GSX.
Hoang Le

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 03:03:22 am »

This thread here list many possible reasons for the missing menus problem:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,8428.msg68872.html#msg68872

hoang

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 05:40:20 am »

This thread here list many possible reasons for the missing menus problem:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,8428.msg68872.html#msg68872
Hello,
I will try all the troubleshoot and report later after testing.
Thank you,
Hoang Le

hoang

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2017, 07:26:51 am »
Hi,
Since then it works ok but now it happens again, load up free flight at Flytampa Dubai OMDB. Again, only addon manager in FSX menu, no GSX.