Author Topic: How to instal  (Read 22492 times)

Guy1300

How to instal
« on: April 10, 2013, 08:15:09 pm »
Hello,
I bought today the LAX V2 and I have problem with my Addon manager and I cant slove it.
There is maybe other ways to import my serial.

Cheers,
Guy

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: How to instal
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 08:43:50 pm »
Please, clarify your problem.

Guy1300

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 08:54:02 pm »
Please, clarify your problem.

I dont have the addon manager in my Add-ons in the menu bar. so i cant put my serial... and i tried some things that you told me befoure but nothing works...
there is maybe other way to activate the scenery?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 08:55:23 pm »
As explained in all other threads about  missing Addon Manager and/or Couatl menus, they are always caused by:

1) Your antivirus mistakenly blocking them. The antivirus solution has been posted many times already of course, here's another copy of it:
- DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL with the antivirus entirely OFF

- Uninstall GSX. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall GSX (using the full installer in this case) with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu.

2) A problem with your Visual C++ 2005 runtimes installation. The missing runtimes solution has been posted many times already of course, here's another copy of it:

- Go in the Windows control panel, and Uninstall ALL the instances of the Visual Studio 2005 redistributable runtimes. You might have more than one version: remove them all.

- Then, after removing everything related to VS2005, reinstall again these 3 files:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=32BC1BEE-A3F9-4C13-9C99-220B62A191EE&displaylang=en
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=200b2fd9-ae1a-4a14-984d-389c36f85647&displaylang=en
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=766a6af7-ec73-40ff-b072-9112bab119c2&displaylang=en
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=26347

AFTER installing all the runtimes, it could be useful running Windows Update and update everything, including the optional downloads.

3) A problem with your Simconnect install being missing/corrupted. This is not common, but it might still happen. The solutions is:

- Go into your Windows\WinSxS folder and delete the simconnect 10.0.61259.0 folder. Then REPAIR the FSX SP2 (or Acceleration, if you have that one instead) setup, this will restore a broken Simconnect

4) You have inadvertently Un-trusted us as a Publisher, so nothing signed by us will run.

To fix this, go to the Control Panel, under "Internet Options", look for the "Content" tab, there should be a "Publishers" button, that will list the software publishers that you trusted, and another tab with untrusted publishers. If you see "Virtuali s.a.s", remove it from both tabs (especially if it's under untrusted)

Guy1300

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 09:04:42 pm »
I tried that all but it is not work...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 09:08:54 pm »
I'm sorry, but if you really did all of that, it will work. Especially the #3, repairing the FSX SP2 install. Are you sure you did that ?

Guy1300

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013, 09:26:41 pm »
Iwll try to do it again but i did it befoure
btw there is manually thing right? how can i do that?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2013, 09:32:12 pm »
btw there is manually thing right? how can i do that?

I don't know what you are saying here. The solutions are all posted in my previous post.

Not sure what you mean with "manually thing". There's no way to run the scenery without having both the Addon Manager and Couatl programs running, and this doesn't have anything to do with activation, the scenery needs them in order to run, regardless of the activation and how you do it.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 09:35:45 pm by virtuali »

Guy1300

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2013, 09:33:27 pm »
ok ill try and ill be back

Hnla

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2013, 11:34:18 pm »
Maybe it would help virtuali if you didn't reply with 3 word sentences like "manually thing", and be as specific as possible..

Guy1300

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2013, 07:04:29 am »
Maybe it would help virtuali if you didn't reply with 3 word sentences like "manually thing", and be as specific as possible..

I meant mennually activation

Guy1300

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2013, 01:19:36 pm »
I bought the acceleration so i dont need sp2 but i got this problem:

http://up365.siz.co.il/up1/mkjw2wnuzzio.jpg
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 01:33:28 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2013, 01:35:24 pm »
First, you shouldn't post such large image from such a slow server as online images with the IMG tag, but always use the URL tags, as explained in the Screenshot posting rules in the Screenshot forum.

About your error, the first thing to try is just restarting Windows, sometimes that error just goes away. And, in any case, keep allowing the module to run, even if FSX says it might not work, always allow it, even if it crashes, try a couple of times and try again after a Windows restart.

If that doesn't fix it, assuming you are sure you installed the most current version (to be sure, download and install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FSX), check the following:

- No compatibility mode is enabled for in the Properties->Compatibility tab for FSX.EXE

- The antivirus is configured to ignore the FSX\bglmanx.dll module

- The FSX\bglmanx.dll is not corrupted for some reason (bad download, or antivirus corrupting it). To verify this, you can right click on it, select the "Digital Signature" tab, and check if it's stil valid. If it's not, it means the file has been altered on your system.

Guy1300

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2013, 01:59:16 pm »
now it is not shown but I still cant see the addon manager and the coatel in add-ons...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2013, 02:02:31 pm »
 DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL with the antivirus entirely OFF

- Uninstall the scenery. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall the scenery with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu.