Author Topic: Install error GSX/Addon manager **SOLVED**  (Read 9620 times)

cosnowboarder_777

Install error GSX/Addon manager **SOLVED**
« on: February 04, 2017, 02:43:15 am »
I am starting a new thread since the last one has gone dead now. I have the same issue most of the other users have complained about. I have tried reinstalling both GSX and the addon manager and have had zero success. Please help! I tried looking in the layers section HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers, there was nothing in there.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 01:27:50 pm by virtuali »
John Bauer

cosnowboarder_777

Re: Install error GSX/Addon manager
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 02:20:49 pm »
This is ridiculous, now none of the FSDT airports work because of this issue. I am seeing multiple threads with this exact same issue go unanswered. This needs to be fixed asap!
John Bauer

iMove Quick

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 02:45:37 pm »
You're not the only person with that problem. I'm having the exact same problem. Been looking looking for a fix for days. The fixes that give are not even working...

Hope they fix this soon. been waiting for days now.

I know for a fact that this is Fsdreamteam related problem, because after deleting GSX/airports it all worked fine...
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 02:49:02 pm by iMove Quick »

cosnowboarder_777

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 02:52:49 pm »
Same here, deleted every single product and that error message went away.
John Bauer

ddressel

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2017, 05:44:40 pm »
get the same message and one more, after that: CTD
really disappointed... :'(
never change a running system!!
Dieter

cosnowboarder_777

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2017, 10:03:09 pm »
Hi Umberto, I see you have responded to a lot of the other issues. We still don't have a solution for this one. Seems to be the big show stopper for most. Can you help us with a solution?
John Bauer

iMove Quick

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2017, 11:57:12 pm »
Hi Umberto, I see you have responded to a lot of the other issues. We still don't have a solution for this one. Seems to be the big show stopper for most. Can you help us with a solution?

Well there isn't at the moment. I've tried everything that I can do. Trying earlier version of GSX, Using older version of bglmanx.dll(I though it worked, because I didn't get the error anymore. But GSX and the addon manger both didn't show up anymore.), disabling anti-virus, kept re-downloading from the website hoping it was updated, but no luck on that side, Getting rid of registry error's from FSX using CCleaner.

NOTHING worked....

Talking about version 1.9.9.11

They should release a hotfix very soon to adres this (Major)issue, because all of my Fsdreamteam addons don't work anymore(GSX is the main reason I'm trying to fix it.),

« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 11:59:26 pm by iMove Quick »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2017, 12:00:21 am »

That's because it's impossible to reproduce it. So, the only possible way is by cooperation with someone having it, and have a Teamviewer session with him to check his system.

Someone affected should contact me in private to arrange that.

almostatys

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2017, 12:04:39 am »

Well there isn't at the moment. I've tried everything that I can do. Trying earlier version of GSX, Using older version of bglmanx.dll(I though it worked, because I didn't get the error anymore. But GSX and the addon manger both didn't show up anymore.), disabling anti-virus, kept re-downloading from the website hoping it was updated, but no luck on that side, Getting rid of registry error's from FSX using CCleaner.

NOTHING worked....

Talking about version 1.9.9.11

They should release a hotfix very soon to adres this (Major)issue, because all of my Fsdreamteam addons don't work anymore(GSX is the main reason I'm trying to fix it.),

I have same problem! My Fsdreamteam addons don't work anymore. :-(  Wasn't problem with previous version of GSX. But I think the problem is the new addon manager.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2017, 12:09:47 am »
I have same problem! My Fsdreamteam addons don't work anymore. :-(  Wasn't problem with previous version of GSX. But I think the problem is the new addon manager.

The problem is that something on your system is in conflict with the new version of the addon manager, not the new version of the addon manager has a problem. If it had, it would affect everybody, including us, who test and launch FSX like hundreds of times/day.

Since it's impossible for me to reproduce it, the only possible way to find what the real cause, is with the help of someone having this problem, to have a Teamviewer session with him and check his system.

almostatys

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2017, 12:16:54 am »
Okay. This problem started 2 days ago. I installed new GSX and KMEM update. Before everything was perfectly.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 12:17:46 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2017, 12:22:06 am »
Okay. This problem started 2 days ago. I installed new GSX and KMEM update. Before everything was perfectly.

That doesn't help much. I'll try to explain it again: the new Addon Manager doesn't have a problem. YES, it IS different and, we found that EACH time we post an update, some users report this old error, which is a BOGUS error that happens ONLY in FSX, when a newly updated module is re-trusted, so we suspect it's a bug of the "newly-trusted" routine in FSX, which has been entirely removed in P3D, which is why nobody with P3D has ever seen this specific error.

So, it's no use saying "Before everything was perfectly", because it doesn't tell much. The only possible solution is the one I already posted above, twice.

almostatys

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2017, 12:35:18 am »

That doesn't help much. I'll try to explain it again: the new Addon Manager doesn't have a problem. YES, it IS different and, we found that EACH time we post an update, some users report this old error, which is a BOGUS error that happens ONLY in FSX, when a newly updated module is re-trusted, so we suspect it's a bug of the "newly-trusted" routine in FSX, which has been entirely removed in P3D, which is why nobody with P3D has ever seen this specific error.

So, it's no use saying "Before everything was perfectly", because it doesn't tell much. The only possible solution is the one I already posted above, twice.

Okay, it's strange, but  KMEM and GSX working now. I have buildings at KMEM, but don't have buildings on other airports. If you can't help me I can't use 9 airports by FSDT. :-(
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 12:37:43 am by almostatys »

cosnowboarder_777

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2017, 02:43:42 am »

The problem is that something on your system is in conflict with the new version of the addon manager, not the new version of the addon manager has a problem. If it had, it would affect everybody, including us, who test and launch FSX like hundreds of times/day.

Since it's impossible for me to reproduce it, the only possible way to find what the real cause, is with the help of someone having this problem, to have a Teamviewer session with him and check his system.

HI Umberto, I would be happy to do a TeamViewer session.
John Bauer

ddressel

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2017, 07:16:43 pm »
hi everybody, GOOD NEWS
for FSX you have to
- de-install GSX
- de-install Addon-Manager (when asked)
- disconnect internet
- run gsx_fsx_setup (v1.9.9.10) as administrator
- works again in FSX

Send a PM if you need the setup-file (Dezember 2015)

Dieter