Author Topic: Install error GSX/Addon manager **SOLVED**  (Read 9621 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Install error GSX/Addon manager
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2017, 07:21:58 pm »
hi everybody, GOOD NEWS

Sorry, but this is hardly good news or useful. The correct solution, instead, is doing exactly the opposite, and install the latest GSX again WITH the network connected, so you'll get the updated .DLL that has posted online today that, thanks to some users that contacted me to have a TM session, contains some fixes that might be useful to those affected.

Please install the current version, and report back.

ddressel

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2017, 09:25:58 pm »
hi everybody, GOOD NEWS

Sorry, but this is hardly good news or useful. The correct solution, instead, is doing exactly the opposite, and install the latest GSX again WITH the network connected, so you'll get the updated .DLL that has posted online today that, thanks to some users that contacted me to have a TM session, contains some fixes that might be useful to those affected.

hi Umberto,
sorry, didnĀ“t realize that the setup was updated. Installed the current GSX (WITH network connection!) and now everythin works fine.
The current Addon Manager has a new skin, right?
Thanks for your support and understanding
Dieter

iMove Quick

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2017, 09:48:08 pm »
hi everybody, GOOD NEWS

I've just updated GSX and the addon manager, but still getting the same bglmanx.dll error, and when pressing "Yes", it will stop responding and I have to manually quit FSX. Nothing changed so far..

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2017, 09:50:30 pm »
I've just updated GSX and the addon manager, but still getting the same bglmanx.dll error, and when pressing "Yes", it will stop responding and I have to manually quit FSX. Nothing changed so far..

It seems you are the only one left now, since it has been working for everybody else. But it's possible your antivirus might have blocked the download of the updated version, so you might still be stuck with the previous one.

I'll get back to you by PM for a Teamviewer session.

iMove Quick

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2017, 09:55:12 pm »
Thank you. I disabled my anti-virus when downloading/installing the game. The install didn't complete though, because it had lost connection mid-install, so that may be a problem as well?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 10:07:22 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2017, 10:10:20 pm »
I disabled my anti-virus when downloading/installing the game.

That might not be enough, depending on the antivirus, you might also need to exclude the whole sim folder from scanning.

The install didn't complete though, because it had lost connection mid-install, so that may be a problem as well?

That might be a problem, yes, because you might get an incomplete/corrupted file, which will surely crash the sim.

cosnowboarder_777

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2017, 02:55:09 am »
Thanks Umberto, the update fixed the problem!
John Bauer