Author Topic: KMEM still crashing (CTD), FSDT please help  (Read 123494 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KMEM still crashing (CTD), FSDT please help
« Reply #240 on: July 30, 2016, 05:32:12 pm »
Have you installed the latest updated we had yesterday ? It's supposed to fix another crash we found only on exit but, who knows, it might behave differently on your system.

Hnla

« Reply #241 on: July 30, 2016, 10:53:49 pm »
Installed the update.

Thought maybe for a second that the crash was fixed because FSX didn't crash right upon loading KMEM the first time.

After 8 trials I finally got it to crash as normal:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14
Faulting module name: MSVCR80.dll, version: 8.0.50727.6195, time stamp: 0x4dcddbf3
Exception code: 0xc000000d
Fault offset: 0x00008aa0
Faulting process id: 0x128
Faulting application start time: 0x01d1eaa39984c97e
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.6195_none_d09154e044272b9a\MSVCR80.dll
Report Id: 7e4683b9-5697-11e6-9548-8c89a51aac22

por930

« Reply #242 on: July 31, 2016, 04:45:12 am »
This "may" help you. http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/96119-fsx-crashes-telling-me-the-problem-is-msvcr80dll/

"
The Microsoft C++ Redistributables 2005 , 2008, 2010, 2012 and 2013, 32bit and 64bit.
And before you ask, I don't have any ready download links. Please use Google to find them on the Microsoft website."
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 04:51:52 am by por930 »
Geoff

Hnla

« Reply #243 on: July 31, 2016, 05:55:24 am »
This "may" help you. http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/96119-fsx-crashes-telling-me-the-problem-is-msvcr80dll/

"
The Microsoft C++ Redistributables 2005 , 2008, 2010, 2012 and 2013, 32bit and 64bit.
And before you ask, I don't have any ready download links. Please use Google to find them on the Microsoft website."

Thanks for your suggestion, but it isn't a problem with MSVCR. The module changes every crash. Something in KMEM makes my system go haywire.

Hnla

« Reply #244 on: July 31, 2016, 05:38:52 pm »
See, here's another

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14
Faulting module name: FSUIPC4.dll_unloaded, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x575f3e3a
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x63d06340
Faulting process id: 0x8f8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d1eb40a1c495aa
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: FSUIPC4.dll

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #245 on: August 01, 2016, 01:59:07 pm »
Faulting module name: MSVCR80.dll, version: 8.0.50727.6195, time stamp: 0x4dcddbf3

Visual C++ runtimes. Nothing that has anything to do with KMEM, of course...

Faulting module name: FSUIPC4.dll_unloaded, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x575f3e3a

Same as above. We don't have any interaction with FSUIPC.

Thanks for your suggestion, but it isn't a problem with MSVCR. The module changes every crash. Something in KMEM makes my system go haywire.

Obviously not. It's exactly the opposite. Something wrong in your system makes random loaded modules, even the one that don't have ANYTHING to do with KMEM, crashing for some reason, and you are mislead into thinking it has anything to do with KMEM, but only because it's something related to this area, either an AI or something that might affect FSUIPC.

Didn't Pete Dowson said the FSUIPC crash was somewhat related to weather ? We don't obviously touch anything in the weather, but maybe another 3rd party addon is playing with some bogus weather data AT KMEM, so you are mislead thinking it "must" be FSDT KMEM ?

A very easy question that should let you think:

- Why NOBODY else is reporting FSUIPC or MSVCR80.DLL crashes at KMEM, except you ?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 02:04:01 pm by virtuali »

Hnla

« Reply #246 on: August 01, 2016, 04:28:28 pm »
Didn't Pete Dowson said the FSUIPC crash was somewhat related to weather ? We don't obviously touch anything in the weather, but maybe another 3rd party addon is playing with some bogus weather data AT KMEM, so you are mislead thinking it "must" be FSDT KMEM ?

We ruled out weather and he basically said it must be because something in the scenery is corrupt

Quote From Pete:
It could also be a corruption in one of the BGL's or textures loading for that scenery
If it is scenery corruption I guess the only solution would be to uninstall and reinstall that scenery.

Which I did, of coarse.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #247 on: August 02, 2016, 11:07:24 am »
We ruled out weather and he basically said it must be because something in the scenery is corrupt

The scenery has no interaction whatsoever with FSUIPC so, I wonder how it could be able to crash it. Do you still have crashes if you disable FSUIPC ?

Which I did, of coarse.

Which indicates the scenery's fine.

por930

« Reply #248 on: August 02, 2016, 03:33:47 pm »
Hnla, I'm back again. Every time I log in, I think about your issue.....which I see does not seem to be progressing.

So, How about taking your FSX system back to basic. Remove, or disable FSUIPC, any weather, (including clouds) any traffic, any other sceneries, GSX etc, and BGL's you may have created. Also, disable the FSX.cfg, so that FSX builds a new cfg file when it starts.(you should put in the HIGHMEMFIX=1 in [GRAPHICS] fix into the new cfg file) Remove all monitors, (ummm skippy, four screens!!!)other than one. So when you fire up FSX, it is if you had just loaded FSX from new in 2006.

Now, if you do not already have it, download this scenery editor, https://sourceforge.net/projects/fs-sceditor/  It is now version 1.17
Load it and you can actually see what scenery is loading in FSX. Use the 'List' tab, you can see which scenery(s) are loading into FSX. You can de-tick all the third party scenery to NOT load, so that when you fire up FSX, only stock airports and sceneries you left selected, loads. This neat little program also indicates if there are any scenery errors.

Just to make sure it all works, fire up FSX, choose a stock a/c, and load into any non third party airport like KLAX. Do a circuit. All fine? Great, your FSX system works as intended. Close FSX.

Open the Scenery Config Editor and select KMEM. Save file. Now fire up FSX. From splash screen, select KMEM, active runway. Use a stock a/c(trying to make sure memory is always conserved) If you can get to KMEM ok, do a circuit or two. NOW, if this works for several flights, load a PMDG a/c..it will give the memory a bit of a work out, see if this is ok. If so, you need to introduce the items you disabled one by one, making sure you close FSX. Sooner or later, you may experience the crash again after installing one of the add ons

Anyway, a long winded way to say go back to basic config and sort of creep up on your crashes. Probably by now, many people have purchased KMEM and are using it, proving it does work, you just have to figure out what is causing FSX to crash with KMEM.
Geoff

kcarl96

« Reply #249 on: August 02, 2016, 09:26:15 pm »
Instead of actively defending your product I suggest you all go and run some tests because the fact that several customers have an issue with the scenery should warrant some investigation. This is VERY poor customer service on your part. I'm only in here because I tried to fly into Memphis not even 10 minutes ago and had a CTD AGAIN. Having spent our money the very least y'all could do is TRY to figure out why the thing is crashing when we try to fly into it. >:(

Wise87

« Reply #250 on: August 03, 2016, 06:23:17 am »
Umberto
I now able to reproduce the G2D.Dll error 95% of the time. If I load any of my pay ware aircraft like the Aerosoft A320, PMDG 777 & 737, SimCheck A300, CS 757 or LDS767 and I start in Windows Mode and cycle to Full Screen (Alt+Enter) I can get it too crash. I've had it crash a few time with default aircraft but now I can reproduce it the majority of the time if I use a complicated plane. Crashes only seem to happen when in Full Screen or switching to full screen. Of all the scenery this only happens @ KMEM.

I even down clocked my CPU. I turned off EZDok, SOD, UT2 in the EXE.XML and also turned off UT2 and my AI in SimObjects but that didn't help. I even went as far as disabling all my add-on scenery except for KMEM and If I (Alt+Enter) it crashes.

My specs:
i7 4790K
EVGA GTX960 FTX (not over-clocked, latest drivers) Previous drivers also did it.
Have the standard FSGlobal 2010, GEX, UTX installed on FSX w/Accell.
Latest EZDok and FSUIPC.

I'm up for a TeamViewer session.  
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 07:27:57 am by Wise87 »

Hnla

« Reply #251 on: August 03, 2016, 03:21:47 pm »
Do you still have crashes if you disable FSUIPC ?

Yes.

So, How about taking your FSX system back to basic. Remove, or disable FSUIPC, any weather, (including clouds) any traffic, any other sceneries, GSX etc, and BGL's you may have created. Also, disable the FSX.cfg, so that FSX builds a new cfg file when it starts.(you should put in the HIGHMEMFIX=1 in [GRAPHICS] fix into the new cfg file) Remove all monitors, (ummm skippy, four screens!!!)other than one. So when you fire up FSX, it is if you had just loaded FSX from new in 2006.

This is basically what i've already done. I reset my FSX.CFG, Removed FSUIPC, Weather, Installed latest graphic drivers... nothing.

I'm up for a TeamViewer session. 

I've already offered a teamviewer to him multiple times but It doesn't seem to be his priority
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 03:23:58 pm by Hnla »

Wise87

« Reply #252 on: August 03, 2016, 03:31:53 pm »
This morning I started by disabled everything in my dll.xml and I get the same result. As soon as I Alt+Enter, crash. My FSX pretty mush has everything disabled except KMEM. I am now trying a fresh FSX.cfg. Maybe it is an entry in there that may be causing the issue..
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 04:01:42 pm by Wise87 »

Hnla

« Reply #253 on: August 03, 2016, 04:07:35 pm »
This morning I started by disabled everything in my dll.xml and I get the same result. As soon as I Alt+Enter, crash. My FSX pretty mush has everything disabled except KMEM. I am now trying a fresh FSX.cfg. Maybe it is an entry in there that may be causing the issue..

I doubt it, I've done the exact same thing to no result. It's unlikely a line in ur CFG is causing a crash ONLY at KMEM

por930

« Reply #254 on: August 03, 2016, 04:11:47 pm »
Ummm, People have been using FSDT airports for years. Buy it, use it, enjoy... For some reason, the FSDT KMEM coding is different to the others, and seems to really stress computer systems.
Geoff