Author Topic: KMEM still crashing (CTD), FSDT please help  (Read 122961 times)

Wise87

Re: KMEM still crashing (CTD), FSDT please help
« Reply #255 on: August 03, 2016, 05:07:43 pm »

This morning I started by disabled everything in my dll.xml and I get the same result. As soon as I Alt+Enter, crash. My FSX pretty mush has everything disabled except KMEM. I am now trying a fresh FSX.cfg. Maybe it is an entry in there that may be causing the issue..

I doubt it, I've done the exact same thing to no result. It's unlikely a line in ur CFG is causing a crash ONLY at KMEM

when I use my config file it always crashes but if I start with a fresh one I cannot get it to crash. I'm going line by line now to see what could possibly be causing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hnla

« Reply #256 on: August 03, 2016, 05:52:27 pm »
I'm fairly confident it has todo with SODE. it will work if u reset ur FSX.cfg because it removed the SODE line

Wise87

« Reply #257 on: August 03, 2016, 06:18:01 pm »
I'm fairly confident it has todo with SODE. it will work if u reset ur FSX.cfg because it removed the SODE line

I'll look further into this.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 07:34:06 pm by Wise87 »

Wise87

« Reply #258 on: August 03, 2016, 07:33:13 pm »
Well I spent the last 5 hours this morning going step by step trying to figure this out. I currently have everything disabled in my EXE and DLL XML files. I also disabled all add-on scenery except for default and FSDT KMEM. I have also started with a clean fsx.cfg and added line by line after each restart. So far I have been able to reproduce the G2D.DLL crash when I put the following lines back in the [Trusted].

C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjectDisplayEngine.exe.crwbtaloqihzenbeawizobebkkttooikcakttelk=1
C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjectAnimationModule.dll.koqaezirltlqzrwwqboaobertbklcnenraccwtaa=1

In DLL.XML I have the following for SOD
<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>SODE Animation Module</Name>
    <Disabled>True</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjectAnimationModule.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

In the EXE.XML I have the following for SOD
<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>SODE</Name>
    <Disabled>True</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjectDisplayEngine.exe</Path>
    <CommandLine>FSX</CommandLine>
  </Launch.Addon>

I also have the SimObjectDisplayEngine.exe set to run as administrator.

SimObjectDisplayEngine.exe v1.3.3
SimObjectAnimationModule.dll v1.3.3

Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 07:35:22 pm by Wise87 »

Hnla

« Reply #259 on: August 03, 2016, 07:47:07 pm »
So basically we are no further than before. If you look back a few pages before with Skipp33, he did the exact same tests with SODE, and when he removed the sode lines, he got no crashes.

FSDT was unable to offer any solutions

Wise87

« Reply #260 on: August 03, 2016, 08:07:50 pm »
Reading skipy33 fix, currently my BenQ BL3200PT monitor is connected via DisplayPort cable to my GTX960FTX. I was wondering if I should connect via HDMI or DVI. I moved all my original files (fsx.cfg, dll.xml, exe.xml) back except for all SOD references and it crashed again. I'm at a lose now.

Wise87

« Reply #261 on: August 03, 2016, 08:34:49 pm »
G2D.DLL back again  >:( >:( >:(. I give up. Now with no SOD entries or any other entries I get the error again. I'm pulling my hair out here. Just for kicks I loaded KLAX and KIAH, no problems. Just Memphis. I think it's time to toss in the towel. FYI, I have been using the Ultralight for all my test today.

I guess my next step is to test it out on my P3Dv3 install. I have a separate SSD with a mirror image of windows but separate from the other drive. On it I recently installed P3Dv3 with FSGlobal 2010, GEXP3D and UTX. Only add-on is FSUIPC. Lets see if I get the same problems.

As of 20 minutes ago I have no issues with P3D to report.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 09:17:22 pm by Wise87 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #262 on: August 03, 2016, 09:45:29 pm »
Instead of actively defending your product I suggest you all go and run some tests because the fact that several customers have an issue with the scenery should warrant some investigation.

I hope you don't honestly believe what you just wrote. And if you just followed this thread, you would have known that we already ran EACH and EVERY possible test, and not just on our systems, but on users systems too, having many Teamviewer sessions. There hasn't been any more through "investigation" than we made and still making constantly.

After EACH report, we start and restart the sim at KMEM dozen of times, with every possible combination of addons, but as of today, the only crash that we were ever able to reproduce so far, were on exiting the sim, they happened ONLY in kernelbase32.dll or ntdll.dll, and we fixed all the ones we could find.. Read the release notes.

The issues is, we haven't been able to replicate a SINGLE case of either G2D.DLL crashes or FSUIPC.DLL crashes so far.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 09:47:51 pm by virtuali »

Wise87

« Reply #263 on: August 03, 2016, 10:22:44 pm »
I'm home now if your up for a TV session. I sent you a request.

Hnla

« Reply #264 on: August 03, 2016, 11:44:07 pm »
Instead of actively defending your product I suggest you all go and run some tests because the fact that several customers have an issue with the scenery should warrant some investigation.

I hope you don't honestly believe what you just wrote. And if you just followed this thread, you would have known that we already ran EACH and EVERY possible test, and not just on our systems, but on users systems too, having many Teamviewer sessions. There hasn't been any more through "investigation" than we made and still making constantly.

After EACH report, we start and restart the sim at KMEM dozen of times, with every possible combination of addons, but as of today, the only crash that we were ever able to reproduce so far, were on exiting the sim, they happened ONLY in kernelbase32.dll or ntdll.dll, and we fixed all the ones we could find.. Read the release notes.

The issues is, we haven't been able to replicate a SINGLE case of either G2D.DLL crashes or FSUIPC.DLL crashes so far.

You would if you did a team-viewer on my computer

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #265 on: August 03, 2016, 11:56:38 pm »
I just came back from a Teamviewer session with Wise87. His situation was:

- With no 3rd party modules enabled, except the FSDT ones, immediate crash in G2D.DLL after switching to Full Screen, even with the default Trike Ultralight.

He previously mentioned that he didn't had any crashes when resetting the FSX.CFG file to default, but it reappeared as soon as he replaced a previous version so, I checked the FSX.CFG file, and found these lines:

[BufferPools]
PoolSize = 0

Yes, I know that on some sites, this is a suggested fix to obtain better performances but, it's very well known to be risky and increase the chance of crashes, when the VRAM usage is high, which is *normal*, with a scenery like KMEM, because it has been purposely designed to rely a lot on the video card ( they become faster and faster every year ) and less on the CPU ( they don't increase in speed so much and are difficult to replace ).

So, I just commented out the PoolSize = 0 line (removing would be the same), which would cause FSX to use its own internal default value ( 4MB ) and sure enough, the G2D.DLL crash went away!!

I then re-enabled ALL the 3rd party modules (which were a lot), tested it again, and no problems whatsoever: we could switch in Full Screen with no issues. While we were chatting, we kept FSX running for at least 15 minutes, with GSX doing service on the Aerosoft Airbus, and it worked normally all the time. SODE jetways worked too.

Searching on the web, resulted that it was very well known that setting PoolSize = 0 is very risky and can cause crashes, and this was years before KMEM was released: I found posts dated as far as 2010 discussing this. The general consensus is, unless you have a card with a lot of memory, it's best not use it.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 12:15:37 am by virtuali »

Wise87

« Reply #266 on: August 04, 2016, 12:09:29 am »
Thanks a bunch for all the help today. Looking forward to flying into Memphis.

Hnla

« Reply #267 on: August 04, 2016, 12:17:32 am »
Sorry, I have no Bufferpools line in my FSX.CFG.

Try again.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 12:18:05 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #268 on: August 04, 2016, 12:23:46 am »
Sorry, I have no Bufferpools line in my FSX.CFG.

Try again.

This clearly fixed the issue for Wise87 and, since it wasn't clearly at "KMEM problem", we can safely assume yours isn't too.

Everything related to the Bufferpools section, is handled in G2D.DLL. So, it's not surprising it was crashing there. When users on the web found undocumented parameters, like the UsePools setting, it was found by peeking into the G2D.DLL itself.

Even if you don't have any line, that doesn't mean there isn't a setting: just the FSX default setting (4MB) is not right FOR YOUR SYSTEM, but it was for Wise87's. So, you might try to SET IT explicitly, and try different sizes and see if it makes any difference.

Of course, the Addon Manager can help you tweaking this too.

Hnla

« Reply #269 on: August 04, 2016, 12:28:20 am »
But my crashes aren't G2D.. They are just random stupid modules.. Why...

It always happens when KMEM is loaded
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 12:30:57 am by virtuali »