Author Topic: Airport Default Vehicles  (Read 3913 times)

Zorley

Airport Default Vehicles
« on: March 14, 2016, 10:40:24 am »
Hi

Since install V3.2 the default vehicles for load/unload, are active while GSX is working....any idea to solve?

Thx

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Airport Default Vehicles
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 10:55:46 am »
Since install V3.2 the default vehicles for load/unload, are active while GSX is working....any idea to solve?

Default vehicles are removed only when you select a gate, but nothing prevents them to go to your plane *after* GSX servicing starts. So, for example, if you select a gate after landing, it's possible that default vehicles might go around there by the time you taxi to it.

It has been like for every version of the sim since the initial GSX release, and nothing has changed with P3D 3.2. Maybe you noticed it now, because you changed or reset the airport vehicles density slider.

Which is, of course, the most effective way to prevent default airport vehicles altogether, which is good for fps too, and you surely won't miss them, having GSX.

Zorley

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 11:08:19 am »
I use GSX since:

Never see the default vehicles working, while GSX are active, and ever are deleted of wiew, when i active GSX...
(Te lo pongo en castellano: Mira si llevo años, por la factura y nunca habían estado activos los vehículos por defecto del aeropuerto, cuando se pedía cualquier servicio de tierra del GSX, y no es un problema de sliders, ni de FPS's)

Saludos
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 11:09:25 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 11:10:30 am »
I can only repeat and confirm that Default vehicles are removed only when you select a gate, but nothing prevents them to go to your plane *after* GSX servicing starts. So, for example, if you select a gate after landing, it's possible that default vehicles might go around there by the time you taxi to it.

It has been like for every version of the sim since the initial GSX release, and nothing has changed with P3D 3.2. Maybe you noticed it now, because you changed or reset the airport vehicles density slider.

Which is, of course, the most effective way to prevent default airport vehicles altogether, which is good for fps too, and you surely won't miss them, having GSX

Zorley

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2016, 11:17:02 am »
And when  enter in airport since menu airport selection? the same problem, sorry, but your explanation does not convince me...more ideas? Anymore have this problem after install P3D V3.2?
Thanks
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 11:24:08 am by Zorley »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2016, 11:30:45 am »
And when  enter in airport since menu airport selection?

As I've said:

"Default vehicles are removed only when you select a gate"

"Select a gate", means "select a gate IN GSX, for servicing". It doesn't mean selecting a gate from the airport Go To menu.

It would have been wrong if GSX removed default vehicles if you JUST wanted to move the plane there, before deciding to use GSX or not, and this is how GSX always worked.

the same problem

What "problem" ? That's how GSX always worked.

sorry, but your explanation does not convince me...more ideas?

The explanation is correct. Just read it carefully.

Anymore have this problem after install P3D V3.2?

If with "problem", you mean vehicles are not removed when selecting the airport, since this is how GSX always worked, the problem is not a problem to begin with. And of course, nothing of this has changed with P3D 3.2.

more ideas?

Maybe you haven't updated the Addon Manager to the latest version that supports P3D 3.2 ?

Normally, the sim is supposed to crash, but if it hasn't crashed for some reason, not being able to remove default vehicles when a Gate is selected in GSX, it's what will happen, if the sim version is not recognized.

Another possible reason, is that you use the P3D Migration Tool, this will also cause the sim not being recognized.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 11:38:08 am by virtuali »