Author Topic: Pushback problem P3D V3.2  (Read 5814 times)

clock

Pushback problem P3D V3.2
« on: March 08, 2016, 09:11:15 pm »
Hi there

I chose to do a fresh install of P3D v 3.2 along with a clean install of GSX.

Everything works per normal up to the point where pushback is about to commence - as the ground crew walks back to the tug, GSX crashes and produces the following error log

Amy guidance here would be appreciated

The following error is displayed - see attached

couatl v3.0 (build 3187)
panic log started on Tue Mar 08 22:06:23 2016

problem raised by addon <unknown>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\common\fsm.py", line 67, in executeDoFuncToCompletion
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\pushBack.py", line 406, in do
  File "couatl\common\walker.py", line 149, in walkTo
AssertionError
{'Airport': 'FACT', 'Requested assistance services at': 'Gate A 5', 'User Pos': (-33.96762528985022, 18.59773737608836, 47.0581 m, 1.03414 m, 257.0162422118364)}
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 09:19:07 pm by clock »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Pushback problem P3D V3.2
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 09:18:38 pm »
Everything works per normal up to the point where pushback is about to commence - as the ground crew walks back to the tug, GSX crashes and produces the following error log

Tried the same pushback, at the same gate of the same airport, using the default scenery, and cannot reproduce the problem. Please indicate all the following:

- The scenery used and, if it's 3rd party, the name of the AFCAD in use (which can be seen in the GSX parking customization dialog)

- The airplane used

clock

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 09:19:59 pm »
both times were add-on airports

I will try at default and report back

clock

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 09:34:53 pm »
Maybe I was using too small an a/c - Beech Baron  ;D

Edit: I just see now the first error was at FACT - got the same error (same a/c) at FAOR

Only have default a/c loaded at the moment. Tried again with the King Air and it worked at FAOR. But it fails at FACT on fact-afcad.bgl

It is NMG Scenery and the AFCAD is faor-afcad.bgl

Any pointers? I do know the developer

« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 09:40:41 pm by clock »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2016, 09:41:49 pm »
It is NMG Scenery and the AFCAD is faor-afcad.bgl

Any pointers? I do know the developer

From the error message, it seems the parking has a problem, like not being connected to the rest of the taxiway layout.

clock

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2016, 09:44:52 pm »
Thanks for the feedback Umberto - I will contact the developer

NMG

• NMG Trading - South African Airport Scenery
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2016, 02:06:38 pm »
I have just tested this airport (FAOR) myself and I am unable to replicate this problem.

I have a clean install of Prepar3D V3.2 with all of the NMG Airports, including FAOR installed. I do not have any payware aircraft, so I copied the default FSX Boeing 737-800 and Boeing 747-400 into Prepar3D V3.2. I then did two push back test; one with the B737 and one with the B747. Both tests completed successfully with no issues at all.

If the problem is with the scenery package, then many more users would have had the same problem, including myself just now. If the problem was with GSX, then I would also have had the same issue.

Regards,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2016, 11:02:31 am »
If the problem is with the scenery package, then many more users would have had the same problem, including myself just now.

Have you tried the same parking ( A5 ) indicated in the error log ? Scenery errors won't necessarily appear at all parkings, especially if the issue is not connected apron links or orphaned parkings.

NMG

• NMG Trading - South African Airport Scenery
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2016, 01:51:45 pm »
I have tested GSX on the A5 parking bay as requested using the default B747-400 copied over from FSX and it works.

The problem is definitely not with GSX and it is not with the scenery. I always do a fault finding test with all my airport AFCAD files to make sure that there are no missing or unconnected nodes. Besides, I would have been flooded with support questions if there was a problem as the AI Traffic will also not work.  ;D

Something on the clients system is interfering with the working of GSX. What this may be is a mystery. It could be something in the aircraft he is using, a background program he is running at the same time that reads and sends data to the flight sim or even his antivirus thinking that the python scrip GSX runs is trying to infect his PC!  ???

I did my tests in Windows 10 with Prepar3D V3.2, GSX V1.1.12, REX Essentials Plus SP3, Active Sky Next SP4.1 and I have Norton 360 running in the background.

Regards,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2016, 02:43:12 pm »
I have tested GSX on the A5 parking bay as requested using the default B747-400 copied over from FSX and it works.

It's possible the other user tested with another plane. Calculated paths depends on the plane used and the pushback truck used, which also changes depending on the plane itself.

The problem is definitely not with GSX and it is not with the scenery. I always do a fault finding test with all my airport AFCAD files to make sure that there are no missing or unconnected nodes. Besides, I would have been flooded with support questions if there was a problem as the AI Traffic will also not work

AI Traffic won't probably affected. From the error message, it seems there was a problem with GSX calculating the pushback path, which usually happens when there are problems with the AFCAD, like unconnected parkings.

If you cannot replicate the problem, it's possible they user is not using the same AFCAD. Of course, if I could have a look at it, I would check it myself but I should also know which plane the OP used.