Author Topic: Orbx KMRY Parking Only (No Gate Options) **SOLVED**  (Read 5989 times)

ESzczesniak

Orbx KMRY Parking Only (No Gate Options) **SOLVED**
« on: March 27, 2015, 01:23:11 am »
After some of the recent updates (unfortunately I don't recall exactly which one), I have found that GSX only provides services to some of the parking spots for Orbx's KMRY.  It used to provide services to the "gate" locations amongst the static airliners.  I typically fly commercial flights in to this airport and was wondering if anyone could help me figure out what's going on or why I lost the gate locations?  I have not made any customization files.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 10:54:03 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Orbx KMRY Parking Only (No Gate Options)
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 10:18:07 am »
GSX surely correctly localize sceneries and their parking, provided it finds and uses the correct AFCAD. The reasons why the scenery AFCAD is not used might be different:

- The AFCAD has errors, so it has been rejected and another one is used in its place

OR

- There's another AFCAD in conflict, so that is used instead

It's possible to check which AFCAD is in use by GSX by opening the "customize airport positions" menu and looking at the name of the AFCAD used. If the name is not the right one, it's possible check why, by enabling Logging in the "Troubleshooting" section of the GSX Settings menu, and looking at the Couatl.LOG file that will be created in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder on the next startup.

ESzczesniak

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 02:20:18 pm »
Thank you for the reply.  This in part answers my problem, but doesn't solve it yet.  I have changed nothing in the way of scenery and GSX worked fine previously, so I don't understand why GSX is using a new AFCAD file.  However, it is in fact loading a AFCAD for KMRZ that is part of the Orbx scenery (I don't know why it's split).  This is what the relevant part of the lag says:

"Near airport 'kmrz' has a visibility range of 3 miles
Loading airport KMRZ from F:/Flight Simulator/Microsoft Flight Simulator X/ORBX/FTX_NA/FTX_AA_KMRY/scenery/Westsim_KMRZ_APX.BGL"

So how/why do I get GSX to look for KMRY that I'm actually at instead of this KMRZ that seems to be a dummy airport that Orbx created for some reason?  I tried renaming the KMRZ AFCAD, but then GSX just said it couldn't find the AFCAD.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 05:08:37 pm »
Try this:

- Open the CouatlAddons.INI file in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder using Notepad or another pure text editor.

- Find the section named [GSX], there will be several lines with all GSX preferences

- add a new line with the following:

airport_visibility_KMRZ = 0

Setting the visibility to 0 will ignore the dummy airport.

If you want to have it working, for example in cases when you have two very close airports and you want to use them both, or if there's an airport "inside" another one, like a military base (with its own separate AFCAD and its own ICAO code) inside a civilian airport, you can set a range lower than default (which is 3 NM), like 0.5 NM or so, which will allow GSX to "switch" between the two airports.

Of course, this is valid for any airport, just use several lines with this format:

airport_visibility_XXXX = Y

Where XXXX is the ICAO of the airport you want to set visibility for, and Y is the visibility range in NM, or 0 to exclude it. Note that, "visibility" here only means "visibility by GSX", it doesn't have any effect to the actual visual scenery in the sim.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 05:14:59 pm by virtuali »

ESzczesniak

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 02:41:48 am »
It was a few days before I could sit down and play with this, but thank you for the reply.  This did the trick.