Author Topic: Issues with all FSDreamteam Products **NOT AN FSDT ISSUE**  (Read 9227 times)

mortonrb

Issues with all FSDreamteam Products **NOT AN FSDT ISSUE**
« on: July 06, 2014, 04:05:07 pm »
No FSDreamteam products showing.   See Add-on manager, but selecting it does nothing.  Also not seeing GSX.   This morning, I reseated my motherboard, then downloaded KIAH in trial-mode.  I downloaded the lastest stand alone manager and ran it.    Don't know where to go from here to troubleshoot.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 03:20:43 pm by virtuali »
Bill
i5 2500K@ 3.30Ghz, 8gb ddr3, GeForce GTX 760 2gb, FSX w/Acceleration, Windows 7 x64

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Issues with all FSDreamteam Products
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 04:33:28 pm »
The usual question: do you have BOTH the Addon Manager AND the Couatl menus under the FSX "Addons" menu ?

mortonrb

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 05:16:44 pm »
Nothing is showing under Add-on Manager.
Bill
i5 2500K@ 3.30Ghz, 8gb ddr3, GeForce GTX 760 2gb, FSX w/Acceleration, Windows 7 x64

mortonrb

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2014, 05:24:52 pm »
See screen shot.   When I select Addon Manager, nothing happens.

Bill

Cooper382

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2014, 07:17:13 pm »
Sadly I have nearly the Same Problem with KLAX V2 and KJFK.

I have Installed them on a fresh FSX wit ACC, added them in the Scenery-Library, Activate them in the Addon Manager but there are no Buildings. Add On Manger say they are installed and active but not installed in the Scnery Library, but they are!!! I have GSX installed, too and it works perfect. When I try the KIAH-Trial it runs perfect for 5 minutes. Greystone runs perfect... Why did I have such Problems with this Purchased Products to Activate via Addonmanager? Every other Scenery works fine, only the FSDT-Scenerys wont... I have tried it with a reinstall, but no Change... And YES, I have Coatl and AddonManager under the FS Menu...

Please Help.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 07:33:41 pm by Cooper382 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2014, 09:55:36 pm »
See screen shot.   When I select Addon Manager, nothing happens.

That's an entirely different issue, but the main problem is that you don't have the "Couatl powered products" menu. As explained many times already on the forum, when the Couatl menu is missing, the most common cause is the antivirus blocking it.

- Go into Control Panel, Uninstall the scenery and reply YES to the questions "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl script engine ?"

- TURN YOUR ANTIVIRUS OFF.

With the antivirus still disabled, reinstall  the scenery.

- BEFORE launching FSX, configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\Couatl.exe

- Now you can turn your Antivirus on, and launch FSX

- Note if FSX asks permission to run the Addon Manager and the Couatl programs, reply YES to both

- When FSX loads, check if you have BOTH the "Addon Manager" and the "Couatl powered products" under the "Addons" menu.

If still doesn't work, be sure you are NOT running FSX into any of the "Compatibility" modes under Vista/Win7 ( right-click on FSX.EXE, select "Properties", select "Compatibility" and be sure NOTHING is enabled in that page)

If still doesn't work, maybe you also have inadvertently Un-trusted us as a Publisher, so nothing signed by us will run.

To fix this, go to the Control Panel, under "Internet Options", look for the "Content" tab, there should be a "Publishers" button, that will list the software publishers that you trusted, and another tab with untrusted publishers. If you see "Virtuali s.a.s", remove it from both tabs (especially if it's under untrusted)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2014, 10:00:23 pm »

No, you don't. The OP is missing the Couatl menu, so nothing works because of that, and it's likely caused by the antivirus.

I have GSX installed, too and it works perfect.

And YES, I have Coatl and AddonManager under the FS Menu...

See ? Your problem is totally different.

When I try the KIAH-Trial it runs perfect for 5 minutes. Greystone runs perfect... Why did I have such Problems with this Purchased Products to Activate via Addonmanager?

Add On Manger say they are installed and active but not installed in the Scnery Library, but they are!!!

Why you think the Addon Manager has a problem "Activating" the sceneries, when you said it reports them to be ACTIVE ? Your problem seems they are not found, instead.

It's possible you have installed the Ray Smith's free sceneries for KLAX and JFK ? Perhaps you have the same problem discussed here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,7493.0.html

Every other Scenery works fine, only the FSDT-Scenerys wont...

Not according to your previous sentence. You said KIAH and Greyston are working, so it's not a problem of the FSDT sceneries. It's a problem with KLAX and JFK V2 ONLY.

mortonrb

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2014, 11:14:44 pm »
Umberto:

I have Uninstalled KIAH
          Reinstalled KFLL (random selection by me)
          Uninstalled GSX
          Uninstalled Addon Manager
          Reinstalled GSX
          Reinstalled Addon Manager

Add-On Menu items back, but Selecting FSUIPC, PMDG, Couatl Power Products, or Addon Manager nothing happens.   Buildings at KJFK came back.
FSUIPC should bring up menu items, PDMG should have the 747 options, and of course your products.   GSX items appeared but selecting any one of them did nothing.

Bill

mortonrb

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2014, 11:16:26 pm »
Umberto:

A couple of more items:
  Firewall off
  Anti-virus off
  UAC off
  All programs set to run as administrator
  Everything worked yesterday prior to installing KIAH trial.
Bill

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2014, 11:43:29 pm »
Add-On Menu items back, but Selecting FSUIPC, PMDG, Couatl Power Products, or Addon Manager nothing happens.

This means it's NOT just the FSDT menus that are not working, if I understand this sentence correctly, even FSUIPC and PMDG menus don't do anything.

If this is the case, perhaps you have another add-on that is "stealing" the focus, so it's interfering with several FSX other addon menus. What have you installed recently ?

mortonrb

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2014, 01:54:06 am »
Umberto:

I had installed KIAH trial and the KIAD update from Flightbeam.   I have been removing and adding all day today to try and pinpoint the issue.   At one point I had PDMG and FSUIPC working but still had issues with Addon Mgr and GSX.

Right now, I have PMDG, FSUIPC, GSX, and Addon Mgr issues.   Selecting anything within those in the Add-on do not display anything?   At this point, I don't where to look.  I do not see any thing additional on the task bar nor are there any hidden screens.
Bill

Cooper382

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2014, 09:41:05 am »

No, you don't. The OP is missing the Couatl menu, so nothing works because of that, and it's likely caused by the antivirus.

I have GSX installed, too and it works perfect.

And YES, I have Coatl and AddonManager under the FS Menu...

See ? Your problem is totally different.

When I try the KIAH-Trial it runs perfect for 5 minutes. Greystone runs perfect... Why did I have such Problems with this Purchased Products to Activate via Addonmanager?

Add On Manger say they are installed and active but not installed in the Scnery Library, but they are!!!

Why you think the Addon Manager has a problem "Activating" the sceneries, when you said it reports them to be ACTIVE ? Your problem seems they are not found, instead.

It's possible you have installed the Ray Smith's free sceneries for KLAX and JFK ? Perhaps you have the same problem discussed here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,7493.0.html

Every other Scenery works fine, only the FSDT-Scenerys wont...

Not according to your previous sentence. You said KIAH and Greyston are working, so it's not a problem of the FSDT sceneries. It's a problem with KLAX and JFK V2 ONLY.

Okay, it Looks like i have missread the Problem...

So, i have no Other afcad or scenery for Kjfk or klax installed.
I have tried 3 hours yesterday to install them. What can i do to Show the Addon where the scenery säte installed?

mortonrb

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2014, 01:19:59 pm »
Umberto

I replaced UIAutomationCore.dll and removed my video drivers and reinstalled the video drivers.   Now I have all my Add-ons working except GSX.   Change aircraft setting and change airport parking working, but Cntrl Shift F12 does not bring up GSX menu.   I am at Flightbeam KSFO gate G102 with the PMDG B747-400.

Bill

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2014, 08:35:00 am »
Then the usual question again: to you still have BOTH the Addon Manager AND the Couatl powered products menus visible ?

And of course, have you INSTALLED GSX ? Perhaps you uninstalled it while testing, and forgot to reinstall it.

mortonrb

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2014, 06:38:06 pm »
Umberto:

GSX and Standalone Manager was reinstalled.    I am still doing my testing/research as things in the Add-on menu work one time and the next they don't.   If you have any insight or direction, it would be appreciated.
Bill