Author Topic: Serious Addon Manager Issue  (Read 5211 times)

MELKOR

Serious Addon Manager Issue
« on: October 25, 2012, 05:23:47 am »
All of a sudden I started getting messages from Addon Manager that the Trial version of Los Angeles V2 is OUTDATED. And worse, FSX keep locking up every 5 seconds for about 2 seconds.

But, the thing is: I don't have Los Angeles V2 installed at all!

Looking closer, I've found several products that Addon Manager claims I have in TRIAL mode, but I DO NOT HAVE INSTALLED AT ALL:

FSDT: Los Angeles V2, XPOI
QualityWings: Ultimatge 757 Collection
FlightBeam: Phoenix Sky Harbor - HD

So, whats gives?? I'm a paid owner of GSX, and I've had to completely uninstall Addon Manager to make this irritant go away.

What can I do to resolve this and continue to use GSX?

Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Serious Addon Manager Issue
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 11:43:15 am »
All of a sudden I started getting messages from Addon Manager that the Trial version of Los Angeles V2 is OUTDATED. And worse, FSX keep locking up every 5 seconds for about 2 seconds.

But, the thing is: I don't have Los Angeles V2 installed at all!

Have you downloaded an AFCAD for KLAX made by Ray Smith ? That would explain this: that AFAD by unfortunate coincidence comes with a file that has the same name and a similar size than the one the Addon Manager uses to detect if FSDT KLAX is installed, the file is named KLAX_OBJ.BGL: if you rename it to anything else, it should fix this.

Looking closer, I've found several products that Addon Manager claims I have in TRIAL mode, but I DO NOT HAVE INSTALLED AT ALL:

XPOI
QualityWings: Ultimatge 757 Collection
FlightBeam: Phoenix Sky Harbor - HD

That's not a problem: Trial mode doesn't automatically means you have installed a product, but only the Addon Manger doesn't have an active Serial Number for it. And, installation status is only checked for sceneries (not airplane or utilities) "Installed" or "Not installed", really means "Installed in the Scenery Library", it's not relevant to non-sceneries.

MELKOR

Re: Serious Addon Manager Issue
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 05:20:25 pm »
Sorry for the delay in replying.

Yes, this solved the issue, thank you Umberto!