Author Topic: CTD  (Read 53791 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: CTD
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2008, 11:23:18 pm »
Maybe it is something you can fix at some point.  Finally, let me know when you've downloaded it so that I can removed it from the offsite website; shared space reasons.

I don't need to see the video, the screenshots posted are perfectly clear with regards to what is happening. However, the screenshots I've posted, show the problem doesn't happen here. As I said, many times already, in order to have a chance to fix a problem, we must be able to reproduce it, otherwise we are simply shooting in the dark, like you CTD problem, which I'm sure will go away on a clean system.

I'm starting to have a theory that it might be dependent on system load. You guys are simply overloading your system with too much stuff and too high settings, that the graphic engine can't keep it up anymore.

Can you try to lowering ALL your settings A LOT (but still be able to see at least the trees), and check if the problem happens as well ? Put everything down, AI, scenery size, try to at least double the fps, if you can.

The issue here is NOT that many signs are two sided or not, the issue is that in some cases there is NO picture on either side of the sign

That's an entirely different issue. I was replying to an user that specifically mentioned taxisigns not being double-sided: there was no mention of having found taxisigns with no textures whatsoever on either side...

Please, instead of posting screenshots, try to use simple descriptions like, "at taxi K, interesecting with taxi X", or just type coordinates.

JamesChams

« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2008, 11:32:57 pm »
Virtuali,

OK I will do as you suggest and get back to you ...

Please look at the videos; It's NOT a scenery setting issue, as I get that on the brand new installation on the LAPTOP as well; it only has a basic build-in video card with shared VRAM and FSX default graphic settings, NO ADD-ON at all except your KJFK.  (NO AI, NO FSUIPC, NO UTX, nothing but FSX SP1, (SP2)Acceleration).

The missing taxiways signs are all over the place; that is why I mentioned them here and NOT on the other post; I agree, their not the same issue.

Thanks!  :D
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2008, 11:44:09 pm »
Please look at the videos; It's NOT a scenery setting issue, as I get that on the brand new installation on the LAPTOP as well; it only has a basic build-in video card with shared VRAM and FSX default graphic settings, NO ADD-ON at all except your KJFK.  (NO AI, NO FSUIPC, NO UTX, nothing but FSX SP1, (SP2)Acceleration).

As I've said already, I don't need to see the video. The screenshots clearly shows the problem which, as I've said, doesn't happen here.

Also, regardless of the fact you say it's NOT a scenery settings or something that might be related to other addons, I've said an entirely different thing, and I kindly ask you to TRY IT, please. If I'm asking something, it's becuse there IS a resons, which might lead to a solution even if I can't reproduce it here.

So, PLEASE, can you try LOWERING ALL YOUR FSX SETTINGS, so low that your fps will double or even better, basically turn down everything, just leave the Scenery Density to a minimum setting that will at least show the affected trees. Everything else, put it down. I need to check a theory, if you don't even try, it's worthless continuing.

The missing taxiways signs are all over the place; that is why I mentioned them here and NOT on the other post; I agree, their not the same issue.

You are now talking of a 3rd ENTIRELY different issue again. In your previous message, I had the impression you were referring to taxiway signs with no indications on either side. Now, you are saying "missing" taxiway signs ? That's very different. Please, clarify. And, as I've said already, give me at least some place to look because, after a random check, taxi signs here looks just fine.

JamesChams

« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2008, 11:50:13 pm »
Virtuali,

OK, give me a little time.   I'm sick and am suppose to be in bed recovering but, bordom is getting to me much more  :D ;

Don't worry, I will do as you ask and get back to you. I want this resolved as much as I'm sure you do as well.  ;D

8)
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

JamesChams

« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2008, 05:57:11 am »
Virtuali,

1. I just noticed today that FSDT has updated KJFK's Coult v1.0.0.140 with Keymapping (BRAVO! & Grazie!  ;D) and Addon Manager X 2.5.1.1 (and only you all know what else).  This means, that I've just spent the time reinstalling; I'll let you know if still see all the above bugs present there or NOT. 

2. PS: I'm buying XPOI; but when I try to download it on the site it says "Coming Soon!" so, I'll wait.  But, I just bought your/Aersoft's FlorenceX for FSX.  ;)  It's an amazing scenery package; Grazie!  :D

Please read the Right bottom corner of this pic.  Grazie!

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 06:19:09 am by JamesChams »
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

JamesChams

« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2008, 09:21:44 pm »
Virtuali/Ganesh,

OK; I did as you asked with the following results.

3 similar systems: (They have these in common)
OS: VISTA (32/64-bit), 2 or 4GB RAM, 8800GTX WCE; FSX-SP1-Acceleration/SP2

1. KJFK v1.0 (FSX) with Add-On manager v2.5.1.1 /Coult v1.0.0.140 installation corrupts existing data in EXE.xml.  (I tried this several times with AICarriers content and *rubbish* statements that I included for the test).

2.  RESET Display settings to default, shutdown and saved settings in FSX and RESTARTED; "EXIT the Flight CTD" still there on ALL THREE SYSTEMS when KJFK is installed ONLY; NO other Add-ons at all (including SDK's - Object Placement Tool, Traffic Toolbox & Visual Effects Tool).

3. FPS: 11-14 at KJFK with Default C172.

4. TAXIWAY Signs are missing in many places BUT NOT the same locations on each seperate  INSTALLATION.  :o ???

I don't know what else to tell you; Any other suggestions?  ???

Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2008, 09:32:34 pm »
1. KJFK v1.0 (FSX) with Add-On manager v2.5.1.1 /Coult v1.0.0.140 installation corrupts existing data in EXE.xml.  (I tried this several times with AICarriers content and *rubbish* statements that I included for the test).

Doesn't happen here.

It's not very clear from this message, if you noticed the corruption before, after or regardless, the installation of AI Carriers. In all cases, the current installer should be able to fix any corruption created but other installers, and it certainly DO NOT corrupts the file itself. It NEVER DID, BTW, it's just the previous version wasn't able to FIX  the corruption created by AI Carriers, only the one created by Wilco installers, this one should be able to fix the AI Carriers-created corruption, but our installer NEVER, EVER, corrupted an XML!!

2.  RESET Display settings to default, shutdown and saved settings in FSX and RESTARTED; "EXIT the Flight CTD" still there on ALL THREE SYSTEMS when KJFK is installed ONLY; NO other Add-ons at all (including SDK's - Object Placement Tool, Traffic Toolbox & Visual Effects Tool).

Doesn't happen here. By doing this test, you only verified is not caused by *another* addon, but still might be created by something else, otherwise everyone should have it.

22-25 fps with C172 here. I'm using a 8800GTX with Vista 32 as well.

4. TAXIWAY Signs are missing in many places BUT NOT the same locations on each seperate  INSTALLATION.

Can't simply happen. Either you have the same taxiway signs always wrong, OR they are alwyas right. They simply can't change depending on the system. Unless there's a video driver problem, that is affecting the drawing of textures.

I'm still convinced you are using SETTINGS TOO HIGH. That's why you have low fps, that's why you have your system struggling to draw textures, that's why you probably have CTD, because your video driver is probably bugged when overloaded, and probably this is also the reason why you see flickering trees.

I don't know what else to tell you; Any other suggestions?  ???

I'm exhausted all the available suggestions for you. It's just that you are still the only one right now reporting this problem, in the way you are describing it (CTD on exit, for example, or XML file corruption, nobody reported so far, except you)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 09:37:22 pm by virtuali »

JamesChams

« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2008, 09:55:55 pm »
Quote from: JamesChams on Today at 08:21:44 PM

Doesn't happen here.

It's not very clear from this message, if you noticed the corruption before, after or regardless, the installation of AI Carriers. In all cases, the current installer should be able to fix any corruption created but other installers, and it certainly DO NOT corrupts the file itself. It NEVER DID, BTW, it's just the previous version wasn't able to FIX  the corruption created by AI Carriers, only the one created by Wilco installers, this one should be able to fix the AI Carriers-created corruption, but our installer NEVER, EVER, corrupted an XML!!

The exe.dll, by default, if NO add-ons are installed, it installs correctly.  If add-on exist in the file prior to installing KJFK, the entire content of that file is trashed and ONLY the coult items are added/replaced; So, I'm guessing that the installation either see's the file as corrupt and replaces it or it replaces it by default.  So, I tested my theory, and If I custom create a file or use the installation file of the AICarriers, they both get trashed for KJFK's Coult.  Does this explain what is happening?

Doesn't happen here. By doing this test, you only verified is not caused by *another* addon, but still might be created by something else, otherwise everyone should have it. 

Could be; But I though it was a RAID HDD issue because I was getting this after the CTD in some instances.  So I did a SCANDISK and DEFRAG on the affected system. And replaced the entire DRIVE with another one just to be sure, and updated the MB/RAID drivers to nForce v20.08 which was recently released.  The "EXIT the Flight CTD" still remains if I exit the Sim from KJFK but NOT at other airports, like KORD, LSZH.  This is why I think something is the matter with the KJFK FSX files; But, only you could verify that.

22-25 fps with C172 here. I'm using a 8800GTX with Vista 32 as well.

With my current setting I get 40+ FPS with the Flight Sim system and around 20-30FPS with the other two systems in FSX with default airports or some payware like your Florence X package.  But, I get an average of 11-14FPS when I use the KJFK in each of these systems.  NO Overclocking is being done on the Video Cards, CPU, or Motherboard (MB).  I know you CAN'T replicate this but it is happening and other are posting visual problems too, with I now believe might be related to a combination of NVidia's graphic card new/old drivers and VISTA's OS updates (as of OCT 15th).  Can you post Pics of your FSX Display settings and I will use those exact settings an see if they are the same, OK?

4. TAXIWAY Signs are missing in many places BUT NOT the same locations on each seperate  INSTALLATION.

Can't simply happen. Either you have the same taxiway signs always wrong, OR they are alwyas right. They simply can't change depending on the system. Unless there's a video driver problem, that is affecting the drawing of textures.

I'm still convinced you are using SETTINGS TOO HIGH. That's why you have low fps, that's why you have your system struggling to draw textures, that's why you probably have CTD, because your video driver is probably bugged when overloaded, and probably this is also the reason why you see flickering trees.

I'm NOT making this up; as I stated earlier, there is NO over pressuring on any of the graphic cards or other system components.  But that is what I'm seeing; I'll have to do more tests to give you a better explaination - It might be as you say a Video Card issue.

I don't know what else to tell you; Any other suggestions? 

I'm exhausted all the available suggestions for you. It's just that you are still the only one right now reporting this problem, in the way you are describing it (CTD on exit, for example, or XML file corruption, nobody reported so far, except you)

OK!  Can you just give me your FSX settings and I will mirror them on each system and let you know.

Grazie!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 10:32:40 pm by JamesChams »
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2008, 10:08:17 pm »
OK!  Can you just give me your FSX settings and I will mirror them on each system and let you know.

I'm out of office today, I'll get back to you on Monday.

JamesChams

« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2008, 09:52:45 pm »
Virtuali,

Thank you!  I'll wait for it.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 09:53:22 pm by virtuali »
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2008, 10:04:08 pm »
The exe.dll, by default, if NO add-ons are installed, it installs correctly.  If add-on exist in the file prior to installing KJFK, the entire content of that file is trashed and ONLY the coult items are added/replaced

Doesn't happen here.

It happens ONLY if the EXE.XML is REALLY corrupted. Meaning, not "corrupted" like after Wilco or even AI Carriers, because these files were STILL (as I've already explained) legal XML files, just with different standard for EOL characters.

The file will be trashed ONLY, and ONLY, if the XML was ALREADY corrupted "beyond repair", meaning, not a legal XML file anymore, usually because it was hand-edited trying to "fix it", usually with open tags, etc.

So, I'm guessing that the installation either see's the file as corrupt and replaces it or it replaces it by default.  So, I tested my theory, and If I custom create a file or use the installation file of the AICarriers, they both get trashed for KJFK's Coult.  Does this explain what is happening?

That's exactly what I've said, this can only mean your XML file was ALREADY corrupted (REALLY corrupted, not "Wilco-corrupted" or "AI-carriers" corrupted! ), BEFORE installing JFK, it WAS NOT corrupted BY JFK!

So I did a SCANDISK and DEFRAG on the affected system. And replaced the entire DRIVE with another one just to be sure, and updated the MB/RAID drivers to nForce v20.08 which was recently released.

That would only tell you that your file system is not trashed. There are thousands other ways why you might have crashes, without being the file systems's fault.

But, only you could verify that.

We already verified everything. The very fact you are still the only one reporting THIS behaviour, is enough proof that the CTD is not related to the scenery itself, otherwise we would have the forum flooded with such reports by now.

Can you post Pics of your FSX Display settings and I will use those exact settings an see if they are the same, OK?

There's no need, of course, to post "pics". FSX has a feature to save/load settings...

I'm NOT making this up; as I stated earlier, there is NO over pressuring on any of the graphic cards or other system components.  But that is what I'm seeing; I'll have to do more tests to give you a better explaination - It might be as you say a Video Card issue.

None is telling you you are "making this up"... I only said that if you see a taxiway sign missing on a system and a DIFFERENT one missing on another, it's clear that it can't be "in" the scenery, it must be just a random problem of drawing textures, that might have affected any texture. If it was inherent to the scenery, you should have seen always the SAME textures missing on all systems.

JamesChams

« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2008, 10:51:42 pm »
Virtuali,

I believe that the NVIDIA GeForce 8800 drivers are not able to handle the awesome scenery of KJFK.  I believe that is a major cause of the CTD and that is the relationship to it.  As to wheather or NOT the scenery is *causing* the CTD, I cannot know; only assume.

Other people are have issues, wheather or not they have the same issues or reported them, I cannot comment about.  I'm only interested in resolving the issues that I am having which I believe is related to the scenery and the installation.  You asked me to test this on multiple systems and use lower/default settings and I did;  I used 3 systems to compare on; the flight system that I was originaly having the problem on, a Sony labtop and another system this is comparable to the flight system I have;  I found similar results in the above mentioned EOF truncation of the dll.xml file and the CTD triggered by the "Exit directly from the Flight."  I did as you asked.

Could you please send me pics of your Display settings in FSX and I will match them exactly in my settings and see if this is truely an independant issue or part of the KJFK package - for the purpose of helping you help me resolve this and for all other users as well.  Is this too much to ask right now?  I return to work tomorrow but I will endevor to report back to you as soon as I am able.

Thank you very much.
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2008, 11:12:31 pm »
I believe that the NVIDIA GeForce 8800 drivers are not able to handle the awesome scenery of KJFK

Mine certainly are.

I believe that is a major cause of the CTD and that is the relationship to it.

It's probably more complex than simply stating "nvidia driver's can't handle JFK". It's probably due to a specific setting, that might be or not default, that might be or not default in any release of the drivers, that might be or not caused by a driver "tweaker", etc.

Other people are have issues, wheather or not they have the same issues or reported them, I cannot comment about.

I can, of course. Other people HAD issues, these were ALL fixed already, both with downloadable files posted in the forum, and they are all included in the installer. There are no problems open, except yours. And, nobody ever reported a "CTD when exiting", like you are.

I found similar results in the above mentioned EOF truncation of the dll.xml file

You are probably meaning the EXE.XML file, not the DLL.XML file...

However, I think to have found what's happening, in this case. And, it's again caused by AICarrier's. Its installer writes an incomplete XML, without the header ( <?xml version etc... , the sample EXE.XML in the FSX SDK of course has the header). Such file is considered corrupted by our installer, which replaces it with a new one.

I've already updated the installer to defend itself even with this kind of error so, it will add the header to the exe.xml, if there's none.

and the CTD triggered by the "Exit directly from the Flight." 

There's nothing more that I can say, except I can't reproduce it.

Could you please send me pics of your Display settings in FSX and I will match them exactly in my settings

As I've said, there's no need to post pictures, because FSX has a settings Load/save feature.

JamesChams

« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2008, 11:21:52 pm »
Virtuali,

- Could you please send me pics of your Display settings in FSX and I will match them exactly in my settings

As I've said, there's no need to post pictures, because FSX has a settings Load/save feature.

Can you send me *your* FSX Display settings ".cfg" file and I'll load that?

Thank you for "fixing" your installer to handle the above mentioned and lets stop debating about "who's right"; I don't care; I just want to fix this.

Grazie!  :D
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2008, 11:28:29 pm »
Can you send me *your* FSX Display settings ".cfg" file and I'll load that?

Here's the settings. Load the .CFG using the "Load settings" feature, and copy the Addon Manager tweaks because they aren't saved in the .CFG settings. Many are default, anyway.

I'm using nVidia 177.98 drivers, everything at default, except Antialiasing at 8x and Anisotropic filtering at 16x

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 11:30:45 pm by virtuali »