Author Topic: CTD  (Read 53615 times)

Razgriz

CTD
« on: September 24, 2008, 02:20:36 am »
As soon as the trial starts I get a fatal error CTD.  I just downloaded the new 2510 version of the Addon manager.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: CTD
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 10:19:02 am »
As soon as the trial starts I get a fatal error CTD.  I just downloaded the new 2510 version of the Addon manager.

Checked again, it's all fine here.

As I've told you in a PM, you downloaded basically at the same moment when we were updating it, it might be that you just got a corrupted file, if you were exactly in the middle of a transfer. Try it again.

Razgriz

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 09:42:16 pm »
Yes that's after you PMed me and I downloaded a new file.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 09:53:37 pm »
Yes that's after you PMed me and I downloaded a new file.

I can only confirm the current version that is online is fine. Nobody else reported the crash so far.

Try to uninstall it entirely, reply "Yes" to the question about removing the Addon Manager, then reinstall.

JamesChams

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008, 02:45:04 am »
virtuali,

I have the same issues and others ...

If I download and install the *new* (at or after Sept. 24th) KJFK will it also include the missing textures/PAPI/ParkMe/YouControl fixes that were posted at the top of this forum as well?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 05:27:43 am by JamesChams »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 11:17:01 am »
If I download and install the *new* (at or after Sept. 24th) KJFK will it also include the missing textures/PAPI/ParkMe/YouControl fixes that were posted at the top of this forum as well?

Yes, the installer downloaded after Sept. 24th includes all fixes released on the forum already.

JamesChams

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 01:36:39 am »

Yes, the installer downloaded after Sept. 24th includes all fixes released on the forum already.

I uninstalled the original version + addon-manager completely restarted and checked everything.  Then re-downloaded and installed post Sept. 24th version; all appears fine but still get CTD's.

Any suggestions?  ???
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 09:27:36 am »
I uninstalled the original version + addon-manager completely restarted and checked everything.  Then re-downloaded and installed post Sept. 24th version; all appears fine but still get CTD's.

When it happens, exactly ? As soon as FSX starts ? After a while ? At JFK only ?

JamesChams

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2008, 12:48:38 pm »

When it happens, exactly ? As soon as FSX starts ? After a while ? At JFK only ?

It seems to happen at the KJFK airport while in the flight arbiterarely; either while taxiing/TOF/LND etc.; but NOT on loading of flight or within the menu options.  It also happens if I exit the Sim from the flight directly, but not from the startup flight menu, which will close the sim without incident.  When I reverted the setup back to the condition pre-KJFK eveything behaved correctly with no issues.  I also reduced AI sliders and AutoGen to make sure it wasn't a system resource issue.  I have a feeling it is related to SimConnect and a possible conflict of your snake and my ITRA's ActivePanel-NAVSTACK drivers but I have no way of knowing for sure.  And sometimes the ParkMe menu options just won't work for some reasons.  Any other suggestions?  ???
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 01:17:58 pm by JamesChams »
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2008, 02:29:17 pm »
And sometimes the ParkMe menu options just won't work for some reasons.  Any other suggestions?  ???

To check if it's related to the Couatl module, you can disable it in your EXE.XML (located at %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX), just set the <Disabled> tag to True.

If you still have a crash, at least you would know it's not that module.

JamesChams

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2008, 07:10:07 pm »
And sometimes the ParkMe menu options just won't work for some reasons.  Any other suggestions?  ???

To check if it's related to the Couatl module, you can disable it in your EXE.XML (located at %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX), just set the <Disabled> tag to True.

If you still have a crash, at least you would know it's not that module.

OK! I'll try that.

PS: Attached is an example of what happens.
1. Snake version (1.0.0.118).
2. Crash in the FS.
3. Snake remains in MEM even if shutdown is normally executed from FS startup menu.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 07:12:53 pm by JamesChams »
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

JamesChams

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2008, 09:37:18 pm »
Virtualli,

I tried removing the Snake and then the add-on manager to verify if it was either of those but the FS still CTD if I exited from the Flight directly; So, I thought it was something else within the game.  I uninstalled KJFK entirely and the CTD went away.  Then I re-installed it and the CTD came back even if the snake and AM are disabled in the dll.xml/exe.xml files.  Strange Huh!  :o

Moreover, in the game itself, What happened is a CTD would occur after I landed and used FS ATC to obtain a parking (Gate) spot, then taxied to it, and just as I was to make the turn to the spot a CTD would occur.  When I removed the snake and Addon manager from usage as you suggested this would go away but not the CTD from the above paragraph.

I've attached a bundle of files in a .Zip from the CTD reporting debug feature; perhaps this can help  ???

Any other suggestions?  ???

Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2008, 10:09:31 pm »
I tried removing the Snake and then the add-on manager to verify if it was either of those but the FS still CTD if I exited from the Flight directly; So, I thought it was something else within the game.  I uninstalled KJFK entirely and the CTD went away.  Then I re-installed it and the CTD came back even if the snake and AM are disabled in the dll.xml/exe.xml files.

From your description, it seems that the CTD is not caused by the Addon Manager or Couatl. BUT, Couatl itself is not able to close down if FSX doesn't close cleanly. Which is something we might be able to fix, but it certainly wouldn't fix your issue entirely, except for not having to manually close it down from the Task Manager anymore (in case FSX crashes)

So, it might look like as if the *scenery* itself is causing the crash, rather than the two executable modules.

However, as we have seen in other cases as well, more than the scenery, it might be something that appears only when the scenery is installed, even if it's not part of the scenery per se. For example, by installing JFK, the very presence of its AFCAD file might attract a much bigger quantity (and different models too) of AI, comparing to the default. And, one of them might have a problem which causes the crash.

The only thing that's sure, following your report, is that neither the Addon Manager or the Couatl module are causing the crash, because you are having it even with both disabled.

JamesChams

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2008, 11:09:50 pm »
I tried removing the Snake and then the add-on manager to verify if it was either of those but the FS still CTD if I exited from the Flight directly; So, I thought it was something else within the game.  I uninstalled KJFK entirely and the CTD went away.  Then I re-installed it and the CTD came back even if the snake and AM are disabled in the dll.xml/exe.xml files.

From your description, it seems that the CTD is not caused by the Addon Manager or Couatl. BUT, Couatl itself is not able to close down if FSX doesn't close cleanly. Which is something we might be able to fix, but it certainly wouldn't fix your issue entirely, except for not having to manually close it down from the Task Manager anymore (in case FSX crashes)

So, it might look like as if the *scenery* itself is causing the crash, rather than the two executable modules.

However, as we have seen in other cases as well, more than the scenery, it might be something that appears only when the scenery is installed, even if it's not part of the scenery per se. For example, by installing JFK, the very presence of its AFCAD file might attract a much bigger quantity (and different models too) of AI, comparing to the default. And, one of them might have a problem which causes the crash.

The only thing that's sure, following your report, is that neither the Addon Manager or the Couatl module are causing the crash, because you are having it even with both disabled.

I would say this is true for most (99%) of the CTD's.  I'm using MTX v5.1b for Traffic and will set the AI sliders to "0" for all just to be sure.  The funny thing is that some times everything works great ParkMe, YouControl, and scenery all together with everything nicely.  But the CTD from the exit FS directly out of the Flight occurs 100% of the time when KJFK is installed.  And CTD from FS ATC taxi to Gate is also 100% of the time - perhaps its an AFCAD issue but I must admit I'm confused with the difference in parking spot labeling in the scenery and the AFCAD and ParkMe.  I'm sure that you'll put a listing in a manual soon so there is no more confusion; Please!  :D

What else do you need?  Any other suggestions?  ???
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 11:38:54 pm by JamesChams »
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

JamesChams

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2008, 11:43:23 pm »
Virtualli,

The CTD occurs regularly at FS ATC's/AFCAD gate H314 and the snake has it's issues too (see attached).

I also noticed that a CTD occurs after 15mins into the game ... Is this a Addon-Manager Trial timer Issue?
My product is bought and paid for...  :'( I did have the trial versions of Cloud9's Bergan X, Xcity Rome, and Aerosoft's Florence X which I've just uninstalled to see if that resolves this.  I do own the Cloud9's Orlando X scenery should I uninstall this as well?

Any thing else you need or suggest?  ???

« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 05:28:59 am by JamesChams »
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams