Author Topic: CTD  (Read 53614 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: CTD
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2008, 12:31:00 pm »
The CTD occurs regularly at FS ATC's/AFCAD gate H314 and the snake has it's issues too (see attached).

I'm sorry, but this simply doens't happen. Please be more specific. What does it mean "CTD occurs regularly at gate H314" ? It always crashes when you simply move there with the goto Airport menu ? It crashes when you are directed there by the ATC ? It crashes when you manually taxi there ? It crashes when you are standing there doing nothing, after a while ?

Because, I've just checked, moving to that gate result in no crash at all on my machine. Tried many times.

also noticed that a CTD occurs after 15mins into the game ... Is this a Addon-Manager Trial timer Issue?

Of course not, first because there's nothing that happens at 15 minutes, and not, because otherwise we would have plenty of reports of users in Trial, which are many thousands, that would complain they have a CTD after 15 minutes.

Please, don't keep assuming the crash is *caused* by the Addon Manager. YOU said yourself that you have the crash even with BOTH Addon Manager AND Couatl DISABLED. So, once and forever, assuming that what you said before is true (CTD even with both program disabled), the CTD clearly doesn't have anything to do with the Addon Manger or Coautl. The fact that you see a message stating Couatl has crashed, doens't mean anything: the same "thing" that is making your FSX crashing, is probably causing Couatl to be crashing as well.

We are probably able to fix the fact that Couatl remains loaded after FSX crashed. But that it's just a minor issue, it would only save you to have it manually terminated after a crash, which shouldn't happen in the first place. In this case, Couatl is not the *cause* of a crash, is the *victim*...Even fixing Couatl by making it able to quit even when FSX terminates abruptly,will not stop the crash from happening.

Any thing else you need or suggest?  ???

I've already listed suggestions. Since, as you said yourself, disabling both the Addon Manager and Couatl doesn't fix the crashes, this clearly exclude these two.

As I've said already, the fact that uninstalling JFK solves the issue, might be also related to something that *comes* at JFK, like an AI. I'm assuming you ARE using the current JFK installer (24th Sept.) because that one includes a fix for two missing textures we posted in the forum that, if missing *might* cause a crash.

I'm sorry, but the only way to be sure a problem exists in a software, is being able to reproduce it.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 12:52:13 pm by virtuali »

ganesh

• Administrator
  • Developer of Couatl
    • Gamecentric
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2008, 05:18:50 pm »
The CTD occurs regularly at FS ATC's/AFCAD gate H314 and the snake has it's issues too (see attached).

The crash message for Couatl reads "Couatl engine launcher has stopped working". This means that you don't have the latest Couatl.exe available, because from version 1.0.0.116 it would display "Couatl™ Scripting Engine for FSX has stopped working". Could you please check the version number of Couatl.exe?

Thanks in advance,

Ganesh
Ganesh
Developer of Couatl

JamesChams

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2008, 05:41:55 pm »

The crash message for Couatl reads "Couatl engine launcher has stopped working". This means that you don't have the latest Couatl.exe available, because from version 1.0.0.116 it would display "Couatl™ Scripting Engine for FSX has stopped working". Could you please check the version number of Couatl.exe?

Thanks in advance,

Ganesh

Mr. Ganesh,

Yes, it is v1.0.0.118.

"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2008, 05:50:21 pm »
Yes, it is v1.0.0.118.

Since you posted two different screenshots at two different times, the fact that you see build 118 on the screenshot were you had the Simconnect diagnostic mode turned on, doesn't necessarily mean you had 118 on the screenshot were you reported it crashing.

However, we have a new build online that should be able to quit even when FSX is exiting abrubtly. If you run JFK installer again, it will get the new one.

However, it's unlikely this will fix your crash problem, since (as you said in your message) you had the crash even with both the Addon Manger and the Couatl module disabled from startup.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 05:54:29 pm by virtuali »

JamesChams

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2008, 06:00:53 pm »
First, On the ground at KJFK after Landing, I call up ATC for a "Taxi to Gate", get instructions and begin a progressive taxi, and while taxiing to the gate assigned (eg. H314 or Hotel 314) the CTD occurs (on taxiway KK in this instance).

This explanation is still not very helpful:

Do you mean that, each time you get cleared to THAT specific gate, you get a crash while taxiign or the H314 gate was just an example, and you might get it on any gate ?

Second, when I'm at the gate (eg. 31), get ATC clearance to depart and Taxi, begin my taxi and while taxiing for take off (different Taxiiways depending on the wind direction/runway assignment); I get a CTD.  It take me roughly 15 min to do this and thus I noticed the pattern

No, there's maybe a pattern, but perhaps is entirely different from what you are thinking. It looks to be related to ATC in some way. Can you confirm it happens only if you get clearance. OR, it just happens (I already asked you this in the previous message), if you just stay there doing nothing, after 15 minutes ?

[3. Lastly, I did install the fixes to the original and then uninstalled everything, restarted the PC, and downloaded the post Sept. 24th setup as you had instructed before; do I need to re-apply the other fixes?

No, as stated many times already, the current installer includes all fixes posted in the forum for the scenery and, since it automatically gets crucial files (dll and exe) from the net when starting, these are always guaranteed to be the last version.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 06:09:34 pm by virtuali »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

JamesChams

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2008, 06:25:48 pm »
Virtualli,

OK; I've just downloaded the newest version and uninstalled the OLD and made sure that there are NO file(s)/folder(s) remaining in the FS directary.  I'll restart and install the lastest version and get back to you with a complete test and clearer answers.
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

JamesChams

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2008, 10:03:39 pm »
Virtualli/FSDT Staff,

The new version(s) work much better; Bravo! :D  It resolved the CTD for the 15min.'s/Cloud9/Aerosoft Addon-Manager trialware products CTD issues and the snake is behaving correctly.  But there are still a couple of minor issues I'm having and I want to be sure that its NOT KJFK; so I'll post later - Now you guy go and get some coffee on me; you've earned it.  ;)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

JamesChams

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2008, 01:24:53 am »
Virtualli,

Wish I had good new; unfortunately not  :'(  :(

Try this proceedure with 3 different aircraft (FS Default Cessna 172/ Epic Dynasty LT v1.5/ AlphaSim F-5) to be sure it was NOT aircraft mdl/gauge related.  Also, disable all modules (including FSUIPC / InCabin Browser, AI SDK, AI Carriers, except ADDON MANAGER and Snake) to be sure no conflicts with the game.

Weather: Realtime; Time: (Dusk) 18:45EST; Date: Sat OCT 4th'08.

1. Obtained ATIS, and IFR release and Taxi instructions, from FS ATC, from spot (PARKING 7 -- RAMP CARGO) via taxiways SB, S, B, E, C, ZA to Runway 22R.
2. At runway got Hold Short instructions, then Position and Hold.
3. When in position, ATC cleared for TOF and I acknowledged.
4. Began TOF roll and CTD. (approx. 15-17 min.'s passed from time of step 1 and CTD).

This process is consistant.  I disabled all AI at KJFK and removed MTX5.1b KJFK AFCAD so there wouldn't be any conflicts.  There is something in the scenery that is causing this ...  :-\

Any suggestions?  ???

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 01:27:46 am by JamesChams »
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2008, 01:31:29 am »
This process is consistant.  I disabled all AI at KJFK and removed MTX5.1b KJFK AFCAD so there wouldn't be any conflicts.  There is something in the scenery that is causing this ...

I think to have asked you TWICE already, yet you haven't done this test:

Do you still have a crash if you are simply standing on a parking place, DOING NOTHING ? Don't call the ATC, don't do ANY-THING. Just wait for 15, 17 or whatever time you want.

Can't you undertand that, if I've asked you (twice) to do this test, it's because it WAS important, to understand if it's linked to the ATC or not, so it might be, for example, an AFCAD problem ?

JamesChams

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2008, 03:49:59 am »
This process is consistant.  I disabled all AI at KJFK and removed MTX5.1b KJFK AFCAD so there wouldn't be any conflicts.  There is something in the scenery that is causing this ...

I think to have asked you TWICE already, yet you haven't done this test:

Do you still have a crash if you are simply standing on a parking place, DOING NOTHING ? Don't call the ATC, don't do ANY-THING. Just wait for 15, 17 or whatever time you want.

Can't you undertand that, if I've asked you (twice) to do this test, it's because it WAS important, to understand if it's linked to the ATC or not, so it might be, for example, an AFCAD problem ?

Sorry for not answering that question directly or more quickly; Yes!  Once or twice when I was simply parked at the spot, and another time while I was on a taxiway, and yet another time when flying (I paused the game to answer and talk on the phone) and YES it CTD'ed.  I'll try more tests to be more sure.

This CTD and the "Exit FS directly out of flight CTD" are the only ones left, to my knowledge.  And they do go away when KJFK is Uninstalled.  :-\ don't ask me why!
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2008, 01:19:17 pm »
And they do go away when KJFK is Uninstalled.

Can you please confirm that, as you said previously, that if you just DISABLE both the Addon Manager and Couatl from their XML files, the crash still happens ? This is also very important to know: I need to be absolutely sure that the 2 modules aren't the problems, and it's something in the scenery.

Keep in mind that I'm still unable to reproduce it...you are the only one reporting a crash with this specific pattern.

JamesChams

« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2008, 07:48:32 pm »
And they do go away when KJFK is Uninstalled.

Can you please confirm that, as you said previously, that if you just DISABLE both the Addon Manager and Couatl from their XML files, the crash still happens ? This is also very important to know: I need to be absolutely sure that the 2 modules aren't the problems, and it's something in the scenery.

Keep in mind that I'm still unable to reproduce it...you are the only one reporting a crash with this specific pattern.

Yes, the Crash still happens if I DISABLE both the Addon Manager and Couatl from their XML files.  Also, it happens only when ATC is used at KJFK at/around 15 min.'s or so into the game/flight (wheather parked at one spot or taxiing on a taxiway/runway it doesn't seem to matter).  I also doesn't matter if AI or other modules are enabled or disabled; Even if FSUIPC or other modules like InCabin Browser etc. are enabled or not, it crashes in either case.  I checked the Disk using ScanDisk for corruptions and NOTHING wrong there.  The CTD does occur at other airports as well but ONLY if KJFK is installed.  Does this answer all the questions?  Please let me know - Thank you.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 07:57:26 pm by JamesChams »
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2008, 08:41:17 pm »
Yes, the Crash still happens if I DISABLE both the Addon Manager and Couatl from their XML files.

Ok, at least we can exclude the modules.

The CTD does occur at other airports as well but ONLY if KJFK is installed.

This is even stranger. Even airports very far from JFK ?

However, try with the attached AFCAD, I found a problem in one of the taxiway nodes, it might change something.

[attachment deleted by admin]

JamesChams

« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2008, 09:56:13 pm »
Yes, the Crash still happens if I DISABLE both the Addon Manager and Couatl from their XML files.

Ok, at least we can exclude the modules..

I'm not fully convinced of that because of FSUIPC's interaction with several Joystick AXIS' and its AutoSave feature; I'm also wondering about InCabin Browser module.  But I think I've illiminated the ITRA's Active-Panel NAVSTACK's SimConnect interactions possibilities with your snake - The only thing is everything in FS loads slower now.  :-[

The CTD does occur at other airports as well but ONLY if KJFK is installed.
This is even stranger. Even airports very far from JFK ? 

YES; KEDW or KORD are what I tried.

However, try with the attached AFCAD, I found a problem in one of the taxiway nodes, it might change something.

OK Thank you - I'll try again and let you know.

PS: I even updated my NVIDIA Graphic drivers just to be sure but that had nothing to do with it.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 10:01:50 pm by JamesChams »
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2008, 10:38:27 am »
I'm not fully convinced of that because of FSUIPC's interaction with several Joystick AXIS' and its AutoSave feature;

I was meant to say "at least we can exclude OUR modules". We don't use, we don't require and we shouldn't be affected by the presence/absence of FSUIPC. But of course, it might be interesting to try disabling that one as well.

I'm also wondering about InCabin Browser module.  But I think I've illiminated the ITRA's Active-Panel NAVSTACK's SimConnect interactions possibilities with your snake - The only thing is everything in FS loads slower now.  :-

In your case, I'd start with disabling all the modules in the XML files, then testing one by one, adding one module at time.