Author Topic: Couatl not running **FIXED**  (Read 18883 times)

zoran

Couatl not running **FIXED**
« on: May 05, 2014, 06:36:16 pm »
Hi

Couatl will not run when I select an FSDT airport and the airports wont load, there is also no couatl in the add on mgr and the pan and zoom functions are buggy

However when I select a default airport then Couatl will run and also appear in the add on menu and zoom and pan work fine

Stand alone mgr and couatl are updated with AV TURNED OFF

very confused here.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 10:54:23 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl not running
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 06:54:41 pm »
 Try to enable logging in the "Troubleshooting" section of the "GSX - Settings" menu, and see if there's a Couatl.err file in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder after you go to an FSDT airport. Post that file, and the Couatl.LOG too.

zoran

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 10:38:22 pm »
How can I upload? it wont recognize the file in attachments and there are more than 2000 words to paste here so it wont let me

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 12:31:47 am »
it wont recognize the file in attachments

Just paste the last 5-6 lines.

zoran

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 12:55:40 am »
okay I loaded klax but of course Couatl vanished from the addon menu within a few seconds so I then had restart the sim and go to a default airport to get Couatl to show.

I then ran trouble shooter

there is no error file in the folder

Airport cache loaded
Addon GSX loaded
Loading addon HAWAII1
Addon HAWAII1 not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon HAWAII2
Addon HAWAII2 not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon PHNL
Addon PHNL loaded
Loading addon JFK
Addon JFK not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon JFK2
Addon JFK2 loaded
Loading addon KFLL
Addon KFLL loaded
Loading addon KLAS
Addon KLAS loaded
Loading addon KLAX
Addon KLAX loaded
Loading addon ParkMe
Addon ParkMe not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon CYVR
Addon CYVR not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon XPOI
Addon XPOI not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon ZurichX
Addon ZurichX loaded
Loading addon ENBR
Addon ENBR not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon KSFO
Addon KSFO loaded
Loading addon KPHX
Addon KPHX not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon KIAD
Addon KIAD not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon KDEN
Addon KDEN not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Starting system monitors
Current locale is English_United States.1252
SharedMemInterface connected
Loading aircraft data from Airplanes\Aircreation_582SL
Patching for AssumeVerticalNormal file KJFK_sf01.mdl 0
Patching for AssumeVerticalNormal file KJFK_sf02.mdl 0
Patching for AssumeVerticalNormal file KJFK_sf03.mdl 0
Patching for AssumeVerticalNormal file KJFK_sf04.mdl 0
Using aircraft data from aircraft.cfg file

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2014, 01:49:51 am »
okay I loaded klax but of course Couatl vanished from the addon menu within a few seconds so I then had restart the sim and go to a default airport to get Couatl to show.

Try to trash your preferences, by removing the following file:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatladdons.ini

Then reinstall GSX

zoran

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2014, 02:14:50 am »
I did that but the problem is the same , no couatl

couatl shows up for a few seconds in the add on menu before vanishing.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 02:21:02 am by zoran »

zoran

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2014, 10:35:51 am »
It took many lost hours trouble shooting to fix the problem although I cant say what caused it. 100% was not my AV as that was off the whole time. I ended up closing all of the background programs running in the task bar and re launched and got Couatl back again.

I read a LOT of simmers are having this problem of couatl being hijacked by something other than the AV. Its a shame we have to lose days of simming because couatl is so vulnerable.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2014, 01:16:38 pm »
I ended up closing all of the background programs running in the task bar and re launched and got Couatl back again.

So, it was caused by one of them. There are some that we know of ( some Lenovo software, the Trillian messenger, the API monitoring option of the ATI Tray tools, some audio drivers from Razer ), but I cannot exclude there might be others we don't know of.

You could find which one was, if you closed your running programs one by one, until you find the offending one. Most of the time, you might not have to disable the whole program, but just some options, usually related to system monitoring.

I read a LOT of simmers are having this problem of couatl being hijacked by something other than the AV. Its a shame we have to lose days of simming because couatl is so vulnerable.

It's not couatl that is vulnerable, it's the other products you have that are too aggressive, and are a potential threat to your system security. And a lot of simmers, know very well that sim runs way better if you turn off all the process that are not needed.

There are even utilities, like this one:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/alacritypc/

That stops all the resident programs before running a game, for the precise reason that most complex games (and FSX surely is) WILL require to do this, and you shouldn't expect you can stuff your system with unnecessary stuff and still get the same performances and compatibility.

The very existence of such utilities, is proof enough the problem is real, and it's not restricted to our software.

zoran

Re: Couatl not running **SOLVED**
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2014, 06:13:39 pm »
Back again unfortunatley

5 flights went okay but still not perfect for example those flights would load the jetways and then the buildings would appear a few seconds later, thats not normal for sure.

I have not made any changes to my sim. Again I disabled all background task bar programs but coutal will only load for 2 seconds before vanishing from the add on menu

so Im back to $120 worth of pretty jetways again. ::)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2014, 06:15:44 pm »
5 flights went okay but still not perfect for example those flights would load the jetways and then the buildings would appear a few seconds later, thats not normal for sure.

Yes, it's normal, and it always has been like that.

I have not made any changes to my sim. Again I disabled all background task bar programs but coutal will only load for 2 seconds before vanishing from the add on menu

I'm sorry, but you said yourself it DID work, after you quit some background program. So, it's obvious the offending program is still running.

Are you able to see the Couatl menu if you start a flight on a default airport ?

zoran

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2014, 06:20:13 pm »

yes I can see it in default

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2014, 06:22:08 pm »
Ok, not while you are at the default airport, enable logging in the "Troubleshooting" section of the "GSX settings", under the Couatl menu, then exit from FSX, start at an FSDT airport and verify the menu disappears, then exit from FSX and post your Couatl.LOG found under %APPDATA%\Virtuali

zoran

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2014, 06:50:02 pm »
Its getting late so I will leave it here and come back tomorrow, cheers

Airport cache not valid: scenery.cfg has changed since last time
Regenerating airport cache, looking for scenery files under E:/Microsoft Flight Simulator X/
Worker thread started
Addon GSX loaded
Loading addon HAWAII1
Addon HAWAII1 not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon HAWAII2
Addon HAWAII2 not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon PHNL
Addon PHNL loaded
Loading addon JFK
Addon JFK not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon JFK2
Addon JFK2 loaded
Loading addon KFLL
Addon KFLL loaded
Loading addon KLAS
Addon KLAS loaded
Loading addon KLAX
Addon KLAX loaded
Loading addon ParkMe
Addon ParkMe loaded
Loading addon CYVR
Addon CYVR not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon XPOI
Addon XPOI not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon ZurichX
Addon ZurichX loaded
Loading addon ENBR
Addon ENBR not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon KSFO
Addon KSFO loaded
Loading addon KPHX
Addon KPHX not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon KIAD
Addon KIAD not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon KDEN
Addon KDEN not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Starting system monitors
Current locale is English_United States.1252
SharedMemInterface connected
Loading aircraft data from Airplanes\Aircreation_582SL
Patching for AssumeVerticalNormal file KJFK_sf01.mdl 0
Patching for AssumeVerticalNormal file KJFK_sf02.mdl 0
Patching for AssumeVerticalNormal file KJFK_sf03.mdl 0
Patching for AssumeVerticalNormal file KJFK_sf04.mdl 0
Using aircraft data from aircraft.cfg file
Airport cache regeneration warnings:
Warning: airport YBCG described in multiple BGL files without proper DeleteAirport record
Warning: airport YPPH described in multiple BGL files without proper DeleteAirport record
Warning: airport P27 described in multiple BGL files without proper DeleteAirport record
Warning: airport O63 described in multiple BGL files without proper DeleteAirport record
Warning: airport O42 described in multiple BGL files without proper DeleteAirport record
Warning: airport D86 described in multiple BGL files without proper DeleteAirport record
Warning: airport KCRO described in multiple BGL files without proper DeleteAirport record
Warning: airport KNLC described in multiple BGL files without proper DeleteAirport record
Warning: airport KHJO described in multiple BGL files without proper DeleteAirport record
Warning: airport KPTV described in multiple BGL files without proper DeleteAirport record
Warning: airport KTLR described in multiple BGL files without proper DeleteAirport record
Warning: airport KVIS described in multiple BGL files without proper DeleteAirport record
Warning: airport 1Q1 described in multiple BGL files without proper DeleteAirport record
Warning: airport L62 described in multiple BGL files without proper DeleteAirport record
Warning: airport L19 described in multiple BGL files without proper DeleteAirport record
Warning: airport L73 described in multiple BGL files without proper DeleteAirport record
Warning: airport L84 described in multiple BGL files without proper DeleteAirport record
Warning: airport KMIT described in multiple BGL files without proper DeleteAirport record
Warning: airport KDLO described in multiple BGL files without proper DeleteAirport record
Warning: airport L45 described in multiple BGL files without proper DeleteAirport record
Warning: airport L05 described in multiple BGL files without proper DeleteAirport record
Warning: airport KBFL described in multiple BGL files without proper DeleteAirport record
Warning: airport L06 described in multiple BGL files without proper DeleteAirport record
Warning: airport L72 described in multiple BGL files without proper DeleteAirport record
Warning: airport KIYK described in multiple BGL files without proper DeleteAirport record
Warning: airport KNID described in multiple BGL files without proper DeleteAirport record
Warning: airport L17 described in multiple BGL files without proper DeleteAirport record
Warning: airport L88 described in multiple BGL files without proper DeleteAirport record
Warning: airport L94 described in multiple BGL files without proper DeleteAirport record
Warning: airport L00 described in multiple BGL files without proper DeleteAirport record
Warning: airport KTSP described in multiple BGL files without proper DeleteAirport record
Warning: airport KMHV described in multiple BGL files without proper DeleteAirport record
Warning: airport KOXR described in multiple BGL files without proper DeleteAirport record
Warning: airport KNTD described in multiple BGL files without proper DeleteAirport record
Warning: airport KSBA described in multiple BGL files without proper DeleteAirport record
Warning: airport KCMA described in multiple BGL files without proper DeleteAirport record
Warning: airport KSZP described in multiple BGL files without proper DeleteAirport record
Warning: airport L71 described in multiple BGL files without proper DeleteAirport record
Warning: airport NTAA described in multiple BGL files without proper DeleteAirport record
Airport cache regeneration completed with success in 1 seconds
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 06:52:18 pm by zoran »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2014, 11:21:41 pm »
Is there something else in the LOG file ?