Author Topic: Bagagge unloading never ends since GSX 1.3  (Read 41073 times)

sven.stanka

Re: Bagagge unloading never ends since GSX 1.3
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2012, 02:43:57 pm »
I think i could be a problem with the airport. I check some airport and bagagge unloading is working at Munich (EDDM) Frankfurt (EDDF) Madrid (LEMD) but it isn't Working at Heathrow (EGLL), Kennedy (KJFK), La Guardia (KLGA), Miami (KMIA), Philadelphia (KPHL).

On every airport i use the AFCAD-Files from Ray Smith

crauds

« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2012, 03:37:37 pm »
Nice theory but I am having the same problem on FSX default airport.  I was using the NGX B739 and could not get past the deboarding sequence.  When I started with Catering-Fuel-Passenger boarding sequence, it completed sequence but left the rear conveyor in place and did not move the left stairs far enough to the left to allow clearance for the wing on pushback.  I closed and restarted FSX and tried the entire tests again with same results using same airport and aircraft

HOWEVER, when I switched to a NGX B738(wl) version (but using same airport and parking spot) and started the sequence from "deboarding", it all completed correctly.  When I boarded passengers, the boarding completed BEFORE the baggage trains even arrived!  The message:  "Boarding completed.  Baggage loading in progress" appeared and true enough the baggage WAS still loading this time.  When completed the trains moved back and the message "Boarding completed" appeared followed by BOTH conveyors moving back this time.  Only problem still present:  rear stair still not far enough to left to allow left wing clearance on pushback.

So, you think it is airport problem...my test indicates it is aircraft type problem.  Either way it IS A PROBLEM and needs fixing!

Craig
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2012, 03:51:29 pm »
HOWEVER, when I switched to a NGX B738(wl) version (but using same airport and parking spot) and started the sequence from "deboarding", it all completed correctly.

It completed because that is the correct sequence, notice how deboarding is above catering in the menu? There isn't a problem to fix, even real world aircraft deboard before catering and fueling.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

crauds

« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2012, 04:01:18 pm »
The problem was NOT with the sequence!   It DID NOT WORK PERIOD with the B739.  It never finished deboarding!  But, my point was that it DOES WORK correctly when I switched to the B738 and it does so even when I start with catering.  And BTW,  in my 30+ year airline career I never had to "deboard" passengers before I began my first flight of the day.  They did not sleep overnight in the plane!  LOL   :D
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2012, 04:17:37 pm »
And BTW,  in my 30+ year airline career I never had to "deboard" passengers before I began my first flight of the day.  They did not sleep overnight in the plane!  LOL   :D

Now tell that to FSX, LOL  It always starts with engines running, either at the active or a gate, so you're either about to take off or at the gate about to shut down.  Even your aircraft.cfg file says you're full.  :D
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

crauds

« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2012, 04:34:20 pm »
Obviously that is the way you choose to use it.  But for anyone who wants to simulate RW situation, the option to start at a gate with all engines off and cold and dark has always been available.  You just need to save the file after you have shut down.  Why would anyone start with the engines running and on the runway?  The whole point of sophisticated simulations like the ConcordeX, PMDG B744/NGX, etc., is to simulate the complicated system checks and startup sequences that we do in RW.   But we are digressing here, Hamilton.  That is not the point of the OP.  We have a problem and it is not dependent on the sequence.  If you notice the title of the original post.  It implies that the OP DID start with deboarding but the sequence "locked-up" and would not allow to continue to next step.  The same happened with my tests.  BTW, the manual states that sequence can be started other than at "deboarding" and was the case prior to V1.3.

Craig
Craig Williams

tf51d

« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2012, 05:13:28 pm »
Ok I ran a whole slew of tests and this is what I found.

1. All aircraft, fully supported by GSX (ie: PMDG 737-800NGX, CS-767)  work fine, except at PHNL (Default/Afcad) for some reason the rear cargo loader/conveyer doesn't back away, after boarding complete. I have a feeling it has something to do with the size of the gates, their large.

2. If the aircraft has a gsx.cfg file, same result, although I'm having other issues with setting coordinates, on other doors with it. (I'll post in another thread the coordinate issue.)

3. Any aircraft that is not supported, and uses the FSX aircraft.cfg are the ones that deboarding doesn't complete, The aircraft I tried this with is the Wilco A330-200 (Merged with Thomas Ruth's external model After this test, this was the model I created the GSX.CFG file that worked). The Overland aircraft Boeing and Airbus, and the 737-900NGX, which I had thought was supported like the 800NGX, but it isn't. What's also strange is I don't even get the conveyer belt trucks with that one, just 1 tram, which goes the motions, after it pulls away deboarding is still in process.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 05:14:59 pm by tf51d »

Lawgiver

« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2012, 11:22:15 pm »
I just did a live update and tested this - working fine here, deboarding completes normally.
Just checked for a live udate.  GSX advises update already installed.  Thinking of uninstalling and reinstall using the full installer package instead of the add-on mgr to see if this issue can be resolved.  Previous version was flawless.

Rob

Supera380

« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2012, 08:00:55 am »
Hi All,

I had the same problem with the v1.3 yesterday after having done the Live Update. What was curious was there was no updated manual installed, still v1.2. Also when I looked in Control Panel, GSX still reproted an old version.

So I went to the full installer and everything works fine. Even the manual was updated! Before I had problems at both Zürich and KJFK but all is resolved.

The ULD animation is really cool!

Cheers
Mark

Lawgiver

« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2012, 09:14:41 pm »
I tried this and it did not work for me.  I uninstalled everything related to GSX and FSDT.  I downloaded the full package from the product page and reinstalled.  Still stuck on the deboarding passengers/baggage unload in progress.  Left it there while I went to work thinking maybe it would complete at some point in the day.  Just got home and we are still deboarding pax and unloading bags.  Don't have a clue what to do at this point.

Rob

crauds

« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2012, 09:43:34 pm »
I realized that I had installed the UPDATES but not the UPGRADE to 1.3.  I had downloaded the wrong file.  Wish they had just put the link in this support forum as others do, but...    Point is I now have completely uninstalled and reinstalled using the correct upgrade installer and not only does the -900 not complete the baggage handling but now I have the same problem on the -800 that I never had before.  Umberto was working with me throughout the day but his tries were all successful using same model and same locations with all different load weights.  He also claims that the trains vary the number of carts they haul depending on the load.  In my experience I have never seen anything but always 3 carts behind each train.  Now I do not know what to do either.  Someone on the Dreamteam must know what "triggers" it to move past the "baggage loading/unloading in progress" point.  In the original, the baggage handling always completed within a minute or so and that was announced:  "baggage loading/unloading completed" and the wait was for the passengers.  Several complained that usually the wait should be for baggage handling to make scenario more realistic.  I agree, but whatever they tweaked is causing it to lock up on my machine and from this string I can tell that others are having the same problem.  Why Umberto is not able to replicate it is beyond my understanding.  To his credit he has been trying all day with me.  The program at this point seems unusable.  I am debating whether or not to return to the RTM version.  It seems it was one of the update fixes that introduced the problem.  It was not present (to my knowlege) with the original RTM release.  Of course we would no longer have the double loaders or the bulk loaders.
Craig Williams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2012, 10:14:20 pm »
I realized that I had installed the UPDATES but not the UPGRADE to 1.3

There's no such thing as an 1.3 upgrade. The only GSX installer is the full 1.3 installer. The only update it's the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, and the end result would be exactly the same: updating you to the most current version.

I had downloaded the wrong file.

You can't download the wrong file. You can, instead, *ignore* the prompt to download the Stand-Alone Addon Manager that is suggested by the Live Update program.

Wish they had just put the link in this support forum as others do, but...

When there's a major update, which was the case with the 1.3 update, when you select the option to update, the Live Update will launch the browser for you, already pointed to the Stand-Alone Addon Manager download page so, it's even easier than having you to look for the same link on the forum.

Point is I now have completely uninstalled and reinstalled using the correct upgrade installer

Since an upgrade installer for 1.3 doesn't exists, I wonder what you installed. Or, do you mean the Stand-Alone Addon Manager ?

and not only does the -900 not complete the baggage handling but now I have the same problem on the -800 that I never had before

Both the -800 and -900 are working.

He also claims that the trains vary the number of carts they haul depending on the load

That's what they do.

In the original, the baggage handling always completed within a minute or so and that was announced:  "baggage loading/unloading completed" and the wait was for the passengers.

This is only dependent on the GSX time settings, that can be changed by users. The *passengers* are controlled by that, but the baggage train aren't.

Why Umberto is not able to replicate it is beyond my understanding

The issue is, several people that posted here said the problem was fixed after applying the current Live Update.

It seems it was one of the update fixes that introduced the problem

The large 1.3 update introduced the problem. But the small Live Update that we posted the day after it, fixed it. I can replicate this situation.

It was not present (to my knowlege) with the original RTM release.  Of course we would no longer have the double loaders or the bulk loaders.

That's why they aren't comparable at all, the differences due to double loaders are simply too many, to be able to point out a specific thing.

But the whole point is, I've made something like 50-60 different test in all kind of strange situations, changing airplane, airport, gate, station load, number of passengers, timings, and I'm still unable to replicate the issue.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 10:28:04 pm by virtuali »

Lawgiver

« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2012, 10:22:22 pm »
I agree.  I can't understand why the same issues aren't replicated.  Something is going on with the update.  I had no issues with the previous version.  The only thing I have done differently was install the update.  I have tried several different scenarios and I can't get any further using default AC with default airports.  Here is something to try, I am curious what the results might be.  While I was parked at the gate waiting to see if the baggage unload would ever end, I started the engines on the default 737.  GSX immediately advised that the baggage unload had completed.  The green bar across the top displayed the msg.  The pushback tug and belt loaders disappeared.  I shut down the engines and called up the UI.  It showed baggage unload completed and I was able to continue with the rest of the services.  I realize this is totally unrealistic and one should not have to do this, but maybe it might add another piece to the puzzle about what is going on.

Rob

tf51d

« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2012, 11:00:09 pm »
I just ran the latest live update (Today) and the problems with deboarding not completing seemed to be resolved now, in addition the 700-900NGX now appears supported. I also checked the issue at PHNL, and that also appears to be corrected!! Thanks Umberto!!

crauds

« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2012, 11:06:25 pm »
That is encouraging.  I just reinstalled everything using the full 1.3 install and also the live update and tried -900 and the -800 NGX and neither would complete.  I am going to uninstall and reinstall and try again since you now are having sucess.  BTW I am using Ultimate Traffic 2.   Are you also?  Maybe that is the snake in the bush(?)

Craig
Craig Williams