Author Topic: Nice place we have here...  (Read 83162 times)

DogStar

Re: Nice place we have here...
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2011, 07:35:39 pm »
Whow ... good news ... since I am flightsimming I wait for Vancouver. Although I run FSX I hope for a FS9 - version also to complete my FS9 - world!
Very good decision !!

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2011, 08:00:47 pm »
Wow, what a surprise.

This will be  good news for all those folks that have been begging for Canadian airports and for all those people who love flying in the PNW. Although I will probably skip this one since I am not enamoured with that area and it a little on the Hawaiin side for me as far as being out of the way, it will probably be a good seller none the less. Kind of surprised that KPDX was choosen for an airport in that area since so many people who love the PNW have been wanting an FSX version since ORBX decided to drop it and the Flightzone FS9 version doesn't port over completely

I am interested to see what the next airport will be after Vancouver. Still hoping we get to see a better KDEN that what Imaginesim did, or a Houston, Minneapolis, Detroit, or something for the Baltimore/Washington, D.C area like KDCA since the C9 version wont work in FSX or maybe even a KBWI.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 08:46:50 pm by cmpbllsjc »

duckbilled

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2011, 08:12:33 pm »
Wow, what a surprise.

This will be  good news for all those folks that have been begging for Canadian airports and for all those people who love flying in the PNW. Although I will probably skip this one since I am not enamoured with that area and it a little on the Hawaiin side for me as far as being out of the way, it will probably be a good seller none the less. Kind of surprised that KPDX was choosen for an airport in that area since so many people who love the PNW have been wanting an FSX version since ORBX decided to drop it and the Flightzone FS9 version doesn't port over completely

I am interested to see what the next airport will be after Vancouver. Still hoping we get to see a better KDEN that what Imaginesim did, or a Houston, Minneapolis, Detriot, or something for the Baltimore/Washington, D.C area like KDCA since the C9 version wont work in FSX or maybe even a KBWI.

Right there with you on DCA. BWI would also be nice but SAN and DCA are the two airports I want the most these days. I just love flying in to densely populated areas.

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2011, 08:50:11 pm »
Right there with you on DCA. BWI would also be nice but SAN and DCA are the two airports I want the most these days. I just love flying in to densely populated areas.

Yep, I would love to have an FSDT ro FT re-boot of KSAN. I wish the C9 DCA would get an FSX conversion even if it lacked custom runway and taxiway textures like KMCO, I would still buy it. There is that other guy, not Cielosim, who is doing an FSX version of KSAN. It looks ok, but not on the same level of FSDT, FT, or FB.

Rafal

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2011, 09:27:38 pm »
Hey, Umberto!

A magnificent choice to select Vancouver for your next masterpiece.
Even though I will not enjoy it (FS9 only here), I am very happy about all FSXers to have Vancouver Intl finally.

And once again thank you for Los Angeles.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 09:30:32 pm by Rafal »
i7 7700k 4.2GHz, GTX 1080Ti, Asus MAXIMUS 9 FORMULA, 32 GB RAM DDR4, WD40EFRX 4TB, SSD 850 EVO 1TB, SSD 850 EVO 250GB, LG 34UM68-P 34" ultrawide monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, MSFS2020

Tino

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2011, 09:49:03 pm »
Hey, Umberto!

A magnificent choice to select Vancouver for your next masterpiece.
Even though I will not enjoy it (FS9 only here), I am very happy about all FSXers to have Vancouver Intl finally.

And once again thank you for Los Angeles.

Even though I switched to FSX last year, I still hope for a fs9 version. Even if they dont, I hope you can enjoy it on FSX somtime in the future :)

Cheers,

regis902

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2011, 10:11:05 pm »
Excellent news!

Ray

« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2011, 10:29:52 pm »
Holy moly! I never expected that decision! Fantastic news! Great choice! Finally, Canada gets the treatment it deserves. Whooohooo!   :)

(...and, now that KLAX made it to FS9, I silently hope CYVR will make it as well. Hopefully sales of KLAX for FS9 will support that step)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 10:32:42 pm by Ray »

CngDelta757

« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2011, 11:12:45 pm »
Wow!!! This will be amazing!!! All I can say is this... Thanks a whole world for FS9 KLAX... I would like an FS9 version of YVR but if you see it in your hearts you want to move on to FSX/P3D only... Its fine by me ;)

theshack440

« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2011, 11:52:57 pm »
Although I would have preferred an airport like KATL, Vancouver did win the secondary poll and is one beautiful airport (also surrounded by beautiful scenery). I look forward to seeing it develop and making a choice whether or not to purchase it. Right now I am not sure if I will buy it because it seems a bit out of the way for me... but I'm sure fsdt will pull me over  ;).
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 11:56:58 pm by theshack440 »
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

Chrjs

« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2011, 02:39:35 am »
Great news, i love to fly in this area ever since FTX covered it. And until now I'm really missing a detailed airport able to handle my NGX. I'm sure many FTX users will keep a close look on this development.
However, there is one big concern: FPS. The area around Vancouver is already with the default/FTX settings quite heavy on FPS. I know you have a lot of experience with high demanding environments like KDFW, KORD and KLAX and always found a nice compromise between FPS and details, so I'm sure that you will keep this in mind and find a solution.
I posted this great news over at the FTX Forums and ORBX CEO John wrote that he very much welcomes FSDT for making a detailed airport within FTX and he would fully support it. Maybe you can get in touch and work together, so that many simmers can fly the cute little WestJet736 in and out of this great airport without it being a slide-show!

Here's the link for the FTX Forum (only for registered memebers): http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38430-cyvr-is-coming/
Thanks,

Chris

PS: Will the small Vancouver International Water Airport (CAM9) just south of CYVR be included as well? This would be awesome for many Bush pilots....
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 02:51:46 am by Chrjs »

Ethan744N763

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2011, 02:57:50 am »
Awesome news! Finally a megahub for Orbx PNW, my home region! Looking forward to the first backdoor shots :D

chucky

« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2011, 03:15:01 am »
Most excellent.

skimmer

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2011, 07:24:33 pm »
Please put some great looking docks and buildings at the water terminals. For float planes. Maybe some birds?

geoffbecks

« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2011, 07:31:06 pm »
Its good news but I think you should have gone for LIRF as you would noy have had to compete with another developer. http://jgabbert.wordpress.com/