Author Topic: about my repaint shop  (Read 25538 times)

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
about my repaint shop
« on: February 25, 2008, 03:48:18 am »
i said on the other post that i was going to open a repaint shop, probably most of you don't care or didnt read

well, anyways, that's not gonna happen anymore.

i got REALLY frustrated with fsx for some reasons such as the physics suck real bad, 99,9% of the add ons are pure crap, you can't edit a plane model, in fact this one is the main reason why im quitting fsx, after making 3 textures for the fa-18 / xload f18D i was going to make a video, but, to change the color of the smoke, i would have to make a new folder and copy a plane for each color. also, the acceleration f-18 doesn't have any weapons, and the xload f-18 smoke system wont activate unless you press and hold I or keep the afterburner on. and you can't change these things cuz it's "built into the model" what i've been listening for a long time, and the reason why this game is not more than regular.
how cool would it be if i could fix the ugly afterburner effects of the f-18, or put some weapon models under its wings? i would be able to do so without the need of having a large addon developement knowledge

bah, screw this, im outta here. see you on fs11

Intrepid

Re: about my repaint shop
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 02:10:13 am »
Well leaving is your choice, personally I have read most of your posts and was looking forward to your rendition of a repaint shop (I would love to see a repaint of the Tiger scheme you use in your log on label thats my fave 8))
Well all the best, see you at FS11
Randy

chupaflier

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 02:56:58 am »
Please share the paints you develop for the F-18??

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 10:25:49 am »
Please share the paints you develop for the F-18??

lol sure
i made only 3 fictional paintings for myself, they're fully compatible with both acceleration f/a-18 and xload f/a-18D, and i'll upload them later if you want

you can check them above  :)

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 10:27:25 am by fael097 »

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 11:51:32 am »

crim3

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2008, 06:44:34 pm »
As you are talking about repaints here, I'll take the opportunity to ask a question.
Is it possible to eliminate the polygons marked at the attached screenshot changing textures? Maybe making them transparent in that zone so you can see through them?
I don't think they are right. And for what has been said at this forum, looks like it's an error made at microsoft when they merged the fsdreamteam '3d model of the virtual cockpit' with the '3d plane model that is visible from the cockpit'.

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2008, 10:37:28 pm »
not possible, it's "built into the model"... and it uses the same textures as the external model

Intrepid

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2008, 10:56:27 pm »
here you go  ;)

http://rapidshare.com/files/95038892/paints.rar.html
could you give a little more info an how to access those paints? I have been computer simming for years
but unfortunately need  detailed directions when using the computer for downloads  ::),or anything else over the net
,my kids are always calling me " critically computer challenged " ;D
thanks
Randy

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2008, 11:08:59 pm »
sure

click on the link, roll to the bottom of the page, and click the button labeled "free"
a timer will appear saying "download ticket reserved in 0.6 minutes"
when the timer expires, it will be written just above "No premium user. Please enter: " and then 4 random characters that you'll have to type in the textbox that just appeared to confirm that you're not an automated system, just type the 4 characters and click the button "download via XXXX" where xxxx is the server you're downloading from, you can pick any of the servers, or just don't change

its not as hard as it sounds  ;)

chupaflier

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2008, 12:10:20 am »
Question:

If I do a custom paint for the F/A-18 and fly in a session with others who do not have it installed.... Will they see it?

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2008, 02:08:56 am »
i don't think so

BlakTiger47

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2008, 02:49:11 am »
 :o DAAAANNNNNGGGGGG!!!!!!!  :o Fael those paints are kickin man. For real man. dont give up on man even without weaps mods or smoke color those are amazing. now r u havin problems painting them or just modifying the aircraft?
Good work man
Blak Tiger
"Get It Up, Get It On, Get It Down"
-Blue Angels
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
Light the Fire

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2008, 01:06:40 am »
thanks man, i'm really glad you liked  :)

i didn't really give up, im just not playing it as i used to, im spending more time with janes fa18

painting them is quite simple with a repaint kit, i just had some problems editing the aircraft, actually the reason is that you just can't edit any aircraft, what is kinda sad

if you want a painting, let me know, im just not going to do it in large scale  ;)

BlakTiger47

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2008, 03:04:24 am »
Well if u could make a reverse of the Tiger Meet (blak with orange tiger stripes) and make it usaf instead of canada af that'd be kickin. wold make and awesome bckgrnd for my computers. and if it works an awesome addition to my FSX-A. if ur wondering why tis paint scheme just look at my sn. and with what i've seen from ur work i'd be honored to have even a picture.
Thanx
Blak Tiger
"Get It Up, Get It On, Get It Down"
-Blue Angels
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
Light the Fire

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2008, 05:59:26 pm »
Well if u could make a reverse of the Tiger Meet (blak with orange tiger stripes) and make it usaf instead of canada af that'd be kickin. wold make and awesome bckgrnd for my computers. and if it works an awesome addition to my FSX-A. if ur wondering why tis paint scheme just look at my sn. and with what i've seen from ur work i'd be honored to have even a picture.
Thanx
Blak Tiger
sure thing  ;)
i just started, take a look:
(i know its too much orange, i'll get rid of it)