Author Topic: Dual-Cockpit for the CaptainSim XLoad F/A-18D???  (Read 11091 times)

JamesChams

Dual-Cockpit for the CaptainSim XLoad F/A-18D???
« on: July 11, 2008, 05:45:37 pm »
Dear Staff,

I know that FSDT along with CaptainSim together are responsible for the Acceleration F/A-18.  Now CaptainSim, also, made the D model but are using the Acceleration F/A-18A cockpit as the VC/2D cockpit for that aircraft.

1. Would/Have you ever considered co-operating together again to make a tandom dual-cockpit to work for the CaptainSim F/A-18D; (as a test platform or pre F-14 model) as an addon product or freeware/give-away to go along with the Accelerating F/A-18?  (I would like to see this in the Blue Angles F/A-18 dual seater No.# 7 aircraft).  It could also be a good reason for you to resolve the MSVCR80.DLL/ MSEL Button CTD issue and make a fix.

2. I know that the staff is already busy doing KJFK and will also be busy with KDFW before you are to go onto the F-14... I hope that you will do all of these but I was wondering if you would consider adding a dual-cockpit VC/2D for this Model as well; Is this something you would consider doing as well as the F-14?

Thank you for your time and attention.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 09:21:44 pm by JamesChams »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Dual-Cockpit for the CaptainSim XLoad F/A-18D???
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 11:40:41 am »
We can't do anything with the F/A-18 gauge, because the source now belongs to Microsoft. So, if Microsoft decides to make a fix/patch/update/improvement ( maybe for FS11 ?), we are of course fully willing to work on that, but we can't legally release anything on our own, unless we rewrite all gauges from scratch, which is not something that makes any sense to do.

About the F14, of course we would like to create a proper dual cockpit, perhaps even networked, but is simply to early now to even think about it, we are too busy with the current projects, and with other stuff still not announced.

Intrepid

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2008, 04:56:45 pm »

About the F14, of course we would like to create a proper dual cockpit, perhaps even networked, but is simply to early now to even think about it, we are too busy with the current projects, and with other stuff still not announced.
If you do that you would have friends for life :D
I would camp out at the sim store waiting for that.
Randy

JamesChams

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 12:04:50 am »
We can't do anything with the F/A-18 gauge, because the source now belongs to Microsoft. So, if Microsoft decides to make a fix/patch/update/improvement ( maybe for FS11 ?), we are of course fully willing to work on that, but we can't legally release anything on our own, unless we rewrite all gauges from scratch, which is not something that makes any sense to do.

Staff,

Licensing ... Well I guess waiting for FS11 is an option, but wishful thinking on our part. LOL
I understand you've got your plates full and the preview shots sure show-off the cook's skills - Bravo!

Finally, I do hope you are able to make the F-14 with all the capabilities that can be achieved and perhaps for both FSX and even FS11.  Is that what you are planning?  Thanks.

Awaiting your next announcement.

---------------------------------------------

Randy,

I'll send you the email by Tue.'s July 15th with all the details.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 01:12:29 am by JamesChams »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

SUBS17

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 01:19:43 am »

Thats a pity as its such a nice pit maybe someone could make their own 3d pit for the backseat.

Intrepid

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 03:12:57 am »

---------------------------------------------

Randy,

I'll send you the email by Tue.'s July 15th with all the details.

Looking forward to it James ;D
Randy

shylock

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2008, 11:25:29 pm »
I have been working on this for some time now but cant get it to work just right.

SUBS17

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2008, 12:42:06 am »
What are you using for the backseat, any screenshots?

shylock

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2008, 01:04:00 am »

Intrepid

Razgriz

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2008, 05:32:13 am »
Impossible.  There is no way to just 'add' a backseat, because the model by FSDT has protection, and I'm sure Microsoft put some on there also.  You would have to remake the entire cockpit.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2008, 10:48:25 am »
There is no way to just 'add' a backseat, because the model by FSDT has protection, and I'm sure Microsoft put some on there also.  You would have to remake the entire cockpit.

There's no "protection" whatsoever in the model, however, is true that it's not possible to add part of a VC, it has to remade entirely, and will not work anyway, because the instruments are closely intertwined with the c++ gauge code, proper gauges needs to be made for the backseat.

SUBS17

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2008, 02:05:02 pm »
Wow that pit looks good does it work in MP?

shylock

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2008, 09:27:15 pm »
Its a big pain. Plus I was making over a whole new cockpit not just adding on. But I like pit that came with it so much I put that project on the side. The new cockpit I had, half the gauges wouldnt work and was very choppy. I posted those pics just so you could get a idea of what it would look like. Having a back seat in this one would look super sweet. For us to take pics while in the diamond.

Heres that number 4 in dirty loop
http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd171/scottyboy39/2008-7-17_1-27-47-79.jpg
http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd171/scottyboy39/2008-7-17_1-56-38-794-1.jpg
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 09:35:21 pm by shylock »

cherrypointers

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2008, 12:44:21 am »
Anymore news, Shylock?