Author Topic: Work in Progress / 01  (Read 104070 times)

windshear

Re: Work in Progress / 01
« Reply #90 on: October 07, 2010, 11:10:49 pm »
Dunno if its any use, but this is a clear shot of the terminal area near the Tom Bradley under renovation/expantion

http://www.airliners.net/photo/American-Airlines/McDonnell-Douglas-MD-82/1791900/L/
Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Dimon

« Reply #91 on: October 08, 2010, 05:44:41 am »
Dunno if its any use, but this is a clear shot of the terminal area near the Tom Bradley under renovation/expantion

http://www.airliners.net/photo/American-Airlines/McDonnell-Douglas-MD-82/1791900/L/

This is exactly what they pan to implement.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/crankyflier/3048136339/
i7-6700k@4.6Ghz, Z170 Delux, 980Ti-6GB5700, 2TB EVO850, 16GB DDR4 RAM Win7/64 PRO.

windshear

« Reply #92 on: October 08, 2010, 09:43:23 am »
Wauw looks amazing! And don't they need it?! I mean I remember the Bradley terminal when I was in LA for the first time in 1991! It's pretty old!

Are the yellow dots on the left side of the Bradley also gates? I mean will the taxi way become a ramp area? Looks like it. I also saw pictures of the bridge spanding over the second taxiway! Boy will that be fun  ;D

Its too early in construction for FDT to implement this new terminal right?
Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Dimon

« Reply #93 on: October 08, 2010, 01:51:32 pm »
Right,

The first phase is set to be open in 2012. However, assuming current California financial disaster, nobody know what will be the destiny of this project and how long it will take to implement.
i7-6700k@4.6Ghz, Z170 Delux, 980Ti-6GB5700, 2TB EVO850, 16GB DDR4 RAM Win7/64 PRO.

phenocom

« Reply #94 on: October 08, 2010, 04:44:45 pm »
Does the planned FSDT KLAX include all of the proposed changes to the airport including the expansion of the Bradley Terminal and the skyway over the existing taxiway?

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #95 on: October 08, 2010, 04:52:59 pm »
If they're proposed changes, FSDT won't know what they look like until they're finished.  You'd probably see them gradually in the updates.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #96 on: October 08, 2010, 06:04:10 pm »
If they're proposed changes, FSDT won't know what they look like until they're finished.  You'd probably see them gradually in the updates.

Bruce,

You don't know LAWA like I do. I have been working with these people for over 11 years. Highly unlikely there will be any changes. And if there will be, I will know before FSDT does, or the general public for that manner.

bradl

« Reply #97 on: October 08, 2010, 07:21:57 pm »

Bruce,

You don't know LAWA like I do. I have been working with these people for over 11 years. Highly unlikely there will be any changes. And if there will be, I will know before FSDT does, or the general public for that manner.

I remember seeing something about their master plan a few months ago, and it certainly explains why Taxiway Q is closed indefinitely, and why Taxiway R exists. With knowing this, the AF/D is going to be in a state of constant change for the next year. This should make the design process for FSDT interesting.

BL.

kbur

« Reply #98 on: October 09, 2010, 12:48:17 am »
I just have a question, is the airport going to have different size gates, like some lower to the ground and some higher just to accomodate for different size aircraft, like terminal 1, (southwest and US Air) gates are much lower to the ground than say Tom Bradley gates. So will that be available or not? :)

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #99 on: October 09, 2010, 05:21:32 am »

You lost me.  I was responding to Phenocom's question about FSDT's version having the proposed changes, and I said that they would probably incorporate them into their version as updates when completed in the real world airport.  Never heard of LAWA.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

bradl

« Reply #100 on: October 09, 2010, 09:31:15 am »

You lost me.  I was responding to Phenocom's question about FSDT's version having the proposed changes, and I said that they would probably incorporate them into their version as updates when completed in the real world airport.  Never heard of LAWA.

LAWA = Los Angeles World Airport = KLAX.

BL.

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #101 on: October 09, 2010, 09:33:25 am »

You lost me.  I was responding to Phenocom's question about FSDT's version having the proposed changes, and I said that they would probably incorporate them into their version as updates when completed in the real world airport.  Never heard of LAWA.

LAWA= Los Angeles World Airports. It's the airport authority for LAX/ONT/VNY and used to include BUR. As the new Tom Bradley project is directly funded and run by LAWA they are the ones that have to approve any change the master plan which is pretty much set in stone. Thus I am assuming FSDT will make the final product we will see in 3 years and not what we see today. It is much more efficent to make the final work rathar then updates like UK2000 is doing with Heathrow.... But I could be wrong...

http://lawa.org/welcomeLAWA.html
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 09:35:15 am by newmanix »

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #102 on: October 09, 2010, 09:39:24 am »
Video for those wanting to know more about the project due in 3 years. This is going to look kickass in FS!

http://lawa.org/uploadedimages/lax/video/PC111708/index.html
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 09:43:39 am by newmanix »

ckaack

« Reply #103 on: October 09, 2010, 10:32:35 am »
even they would start in 3 years until the construction has been finished MS Flight in the next version will be available and a new add-on required. 

PUP4ORD

• UA777
« Reply #104 on: October 09, 2010, 03:52:56 pm »
Will see what comes about in relation to LAWA and transformation into MSFS. :)
KENNETH M."PUP"CRADDOCK II
Ladies and Gentlemen please fasten your seatbelts for a short ride......
http://pup4ordfsxmore.blogspot.com/

ALIENWARE AURORA R4 MSWIN7 64BIT  As for the rest of it......?????????