FSDreamTeam forum
August 02, 2021, 11:32:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: LAX for P3Dv5??  (Read 9347 times)
Pvazquez

« on: October 11, 2020, 08:30:14 PM »

Hello,

Is this airport compatible with P3Dv5?

Thanks
Pvazquez
virtuali
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2020, 09:35:21 PM »

Yes.

Pvazquez

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2020, 08:35:11 PM »

Thank you... I just have to download and run the installer and that's it?
virtuali
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2020, 01:40:41 AM »

The, the installer supports all simulators.

trisho0

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2021, 07:30:59 AM »

The, the installer supports all simulators.
Downloaded KLAX Los Angeles v2 Installer 1.7.2 and received a setup error message for FSX sim. P3Dv4 and v5 went fine. I don't see what to edit from FSX dll.xml file. So, what to do next? KLAX loads in FSX just OK. I think the Installer needs attention.

* KLAX Setup issues.jpg (188.81 KB, 1920x1080 - viewed 16 times.)
* dll.xml (4.24 KB - downloaded 7 times.)
virtuali
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2021, 09:24:09 AM »

I think the Installer needs attention.

The installer doesn't need any attention and, in fact, it's doing you a favor: is showing your DLL.XML from FSX has a problem, and is prompting you EXACTLY how to fix it. As the message says:

The problem was caused by another installer ( not ours ), which changed the file encoding without changing also the XML *header*, making the XML illegal, since if the header doesn't match the actual encoding of the file, the file is basically lying about itself. It's not we made up this: we are not trying to verify the XML ourselves, we use the official MS XML parser that comes with Windows, and we run the XML files through it, to be sure they are fine because, trying to modify a corrupted XML will probably corrupt it even more, so we check the file BEFORE making any changes to it.

Again, the problem was caused by another installer, that changed it, maybe to UTF-8, but FORGOT to ALSO change the header of the file which indicates the encoding, creating an illegal file.

The message you saw from out installer gave you the precise, exact, solution that is proven to work:

- Use a text editor, for example the free Notepad++, open the DLL.XML and save it back in ANSI format, which is the default FSX use.

trisho0

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2021, 11:35:19 AM »

The message you saw from out installer gave you the precise, exact, solution that is proven to work:

- Use a text editor, for example the free Notepad++, open the DLL.XML and save it back in ANSI format, which is the default FSX use.

Then, Notepad++ is not saving the xml file as intended. I follow the Setup Installer to create a new DLL.xml then comparing both I don't see difference the error. Posting the created file ...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
  <Disabled>False</Disabled>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Addon Manager</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>D:\Microsoft Games\Addon Manager\bglmanx.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

This content is present in the DLL.xml file posted earlier. Where is the error?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: I found the windows Notepad is able to save the DLL.xml file in ANSI and issue resolved. I didn't find a way to save in ANSI with Notepad++.
Many thanks to Virtuali.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2021, 05:52:44 PM by trisho0 » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: