Author Topic: OFFLINE installer for the latest updates - Last Update June 6th 2024  (Read 153711 times)

mmcmah

Re: OFFLINE installer for the latest updates - Last update Sept. 7th 2022
« Reply #135 on: September 08, 2022, 12:00:31 am »
GDrive download still isn't working. Mediafire works.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #136 on: September 08, 2022, 12:06:10 am »

Google has mistakenly detected the program as a thread, which obviously isn't and it's even signed with our own digital signature.

We requested a Review, which is what you area supposed to do when a file is detected as a false positive, they replied the Google Team will look at it "as soon as possible", but since Google is not FSDT, they are taking several days to even reply.

tldspectre

« Reply #137 on: September 08, 2022, 01:36:09 am »

Google has mistakenly detected the program as a thread, which obviously isn't and it's even signed with our own digital signature.

We requested a Review, which is what you area supposed to do when a file is detected as a false positive, they replied the Google Team will look at it "as soon as possible", but since Google is not FSDT, they are taking several days to even reply.

I just tried and was able to download the Google Drive version, so hopefully the issue has been addressed on their end.

disco79stu

« Reply #138 on: September 08, 2022, 01:49:54 am »
You can recognize if YOUR node has, by simply noticing if the Live Update doesn't download anything if you run it after this offline installer. If this happens, it means your local Cloudflare node is now fully updated, so you don't need to use this anymore, just the Live Update.

So I did this, I ran the live update to see if it downloads anything AFTER I ran the offline installer, just as you suggested to do above.
Live update still downloads somethings every time I run it.

What am I missing here? I am confused.

abhigyan

« Reply #139 on: September 08, 2022, 04:25:36 am »
respected dev
sometimes it says not getting aircraft config file. my airplane folder is empty .so where is the config file so that i can place it in aircraft folder or i can have backup config file in case any corrupt file i can replace with that.
thanks

omsyndrom

« Reply #140 on: September 08, 2022, 06:32:21 am »
You can recognize if YOUR node has, by simply noticing if the Live Update doesn't download anything if you run it after this offline installer. If this happens, it means your local Cloudflare node is now fully updated, so you don't need to use this anymore, just the Live Update.

i have the same probs before, the live update loading the update like before.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #141 on: September 08, 2022, 01:23:46 pm »

It depends what is that "something".

As explained in other threads, there are at least two files which are supposed to be always downloaded without this being a problem, which are the Airport Services and the Jetway replacement sceneries. Those are always downloaded, since we found it's much faster to always download them as single ZIP files, rather then checking thousands of files individually for updates.

disco79stu

« Reply #142 on: September 08, 2022, 02:26:28 pm »

As explained in other threads, there are at least two files which are supposed to be always downloaded without this being a problem, which are the Airport Services and the Jetway replacement sceneries. Those are always downloaded, since we found it's much faster to always download them as single ZIP files, rather then checking thousands of files individually for updates.

okay, that seems to be exactly what it's doing, so I assume it's all good :)
thanks for explaining again.
br

santiagomontoya77

« Reply #143 on: September 08, 2022, 06:21:47 pm »
Umberto,

I really don't know how to make sure that my GSX installation is completely up to date. I used the offline installer, but I just wanna make sure I got the most recent update. Where do I look?

Thanks,
Santiago

AndyCYXU

« Reply #144 on: September 08, 2022, 09:45:39 pm »
From previous replay i received I think best is to run the online installer... maybe like twice and then download the most recent one from page 1 of this thread.

This online installer might download some new textures etc which are not in the download posted on here... and then this from here will get the core of GSX up to date.

But yeah.. LOL

coxo2436

« Reply #145 on: September 10, 2022, 07:05:34 am »
this is driving me nuts can you tell me if the fsdt installer on your original web page works or not
do we have to jump through more hoops to get this programe to work
ie downloading seperate installers
win11 msfs2020 beta 1.27.18.0amd ryzen 5600g gforce rtx 2060 super
GSX Pro installed

lionwing

« Reply #146 on: September 10, 2022, 07:44:32 am »
Within what timeframe should all the nodes be updated with the current version and this work around not required?

lionwing

« Reply #147 on: September 10, 2022, 07:57:03 am »

It might be an idea to update the opening post with this information?

I've just spent fifteen minutes wondering why the updated installer available on page 1 is still downloading files.

doganster

« Reply #148 on: September 10, 2022, 11:05:52 am »
LTFM(Istanbul Airport) is still showing "Couldn't find valid airport data at this position, services are not available"

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #149 on: September 10, 2022, 02:47:59 pm »
It might be an idea to update the opening post with this information?

Done.