Author Topic: OFFLINE installer for the latest updates - Last Update June 6th 2024  (Read 153729 times)

tbaac

Re: OFFLINE installer for the latest updates - Last update Sept. 2nd 2022
« Reply #120 on: September 03, 2022, 10:37:32 am »
I don't get the idea of the offline installer.  If it is an offline installer then it should contain all the files to get up and running?  But the offline installer is far too small for that to be the case (compared to the size of the Addon Manager folder when installed).

Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #121 on: September 03, 2022, 02:51:45 pm »
The log file says:

You shouldn't post what the log says, you should ZIP the log file and attach it, I need to read it entirely.

teisco

« Reply #122 on: September 03, 2022, 04:25:18 pm »
Thank you for including the latest update date in the title.

kevkearney

Re: OFFLINE installer for the latest updates - Last update Sept. 6th 2022
« Reply #123 on: September 06, 2022, 03:38:33 pm »
I appreciate the fact that there is a new patch every day that fixes a couple of issues. I think that displays the commitment of the team to fix the issues.

rogermoore

« Reply #124 on: September 06, 2022, 05:56:51 pm »
Gdrive

We're sorry. You can't access this item because it is in violation of our Terms of Service.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #125 on: September 06, 2022, 06:05:06 pm »
We're sorry. You can't access this item because it is in violation of our Terms of Service.

Does it work with Mediafire, while we file a complain with Google ?

Darewell

« Reply #126 on: September 06, 2022, 08:46:06 pm »
Umberto, it doesn't bother me to manually download each update, but do you think the nodes will eventually be up to date everywhere? I live in France.

The update is downloading files each time I try it.

jwh54

« Reply #127 on: September 06, 2022, 10:40:56 pm »
It works with MediaFire

moxiejeff

« Reply #128 on: September 07, 2022, 12:23:38 am »

Does it work with Mediafire, while we file a complain with Google ?

Yes, works on mediaflare... but no Google Drive.

rioct

« Reply #129 on: September 07, 2022, 05:17:07 pm »
After performing the offline update, I noticed that inside the comunity folder the version was still the old 0.1.0 version. (in the updater it says 1.9), and I tried running the FSDT Installer program and got this error.
How can I update it?
https://postimg.cc/9Dzdb449

Pedro100

« Reply #130 on: September 07, 2022, 05:38:47 pm »
the same for me

hkers

« Reply #131 on: September 07, 2022, 05:41:36 pm »
After performing the offline update, I noticed that inside the comunity folder the version was still the old 0.1.0 version. (in the updater it says 1.9), and I tried running the FSDT Installer program and got this error.
How can I update it?
https://postimg.cc/9Dzdb449

Hi. Had the same problem here minutes ago. Now, it's working fine.
Hiago Sales

ACSoft

« Reply #132 on: September 07, 2022, 05:42:23 pm »
same here !

Back to previews 1.7

AndyCYXU

Re: OFFLINE installer for the latest updates - Last update Sept. 7th 2022
« Reply #133 on: September 07, 2022, 10:53:04 pm »
Just to clarify ...

Say I last downloaded update August 31st.... I never downloaded sept1, 2, 5, 6.....

now I check website on Sept7 and I am downloading September 7th and installing it....
I have no issue login to the forum here and downloading from this thread just want to clarify that even if I skipped certain dates when updates were posted my software is all up to date.

Is my software 100% up to date at this time on Sep 7 after not downloading updates released on earlier dates

Thanks

PS:
I seriously prefer not to use the installer/updater that has shortcut on my desktop, it does something constantly after every time i click UPDATE BUTTON "perpetual updater" and I recall reading earlier that it might actually might downgrade GSX so yeah until cloud is 100 fixed I am not using it.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2022, 11:05:37 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: OFFLINE installer for the latest updates - Last update Sept. 7th 2022
« Reply #134 on: September 07, 2022, 11:10:21 pm »
I have no issue login to the forum here and downloading from this thread just want to clarify that even if I skipped certain dates when updates were posted my software is all up to date. Is my software 100% up to date at this time on Sep 7 after not downloading updates released on earlier dates

Of course, the latest version includes all fixes released since the first release. It's basically a snapshot of what the current Addon Manager folders should look like after a Live Update.

HOWEVER, these fixes are just for the GSX code, the thing that might cause problems if they are not updated. Extras like updated textures or new logos or new models are not included, they are only in the actual Live Update.

I seriously prefer not to use the installer/updater that has shortcut on my desktop, it does something constantly after every time i click UPDATE BUTTON "perpetual updater" and I recall reading earlier that it might actually might downgrade GSX so yeah until cloud is 100 fixed I am not using it.

It depends which files your are referring to. Some files ( Airport services and jetway replacement .bgl ) ARE supposed to be always downloaded without this being a problem, because we found out it's faster to just redownload them all in a single ZIP file, rather than checking individually over thousands of files which are new.