Author Topic: OFFLINE installer for the latest updates - Last Update June 6th 2024  (Read 152616 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl engine hasn't started - Offline installer for the latest updates
« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2022, 10:43:53 am »
The support of PMDG 737-800 Cargo versions and BBJ2, is included in that profile that you added?

As already discussed in other threads, not yet, it will be soon.

S3rg1o

« Reply #61 on: August 28, 2022, 12:10:23 am »
Finally got in the forum! Thanks Umberto for getting me in.
So this mixed online and offline installers are a mess to me...
I run the offline installer, and confirmed the update as I got the 737-800 with GSX assets properly set.
But when I run the the FSDT Universal Installer I get... (see attached pic)

So do I need to update? How can one know if the update is needed or not?
It would be easier we we could check version/build number on both installed products and on the avaiable updates.

Thanks

moxiejeff

« Reply #62 on: August 28, 2022, 12:14:55 am »
I'm in the USA and my cloud node still downloads the same files each time, so per Umberto's pinned post, use the offline installer. I try to use it once a day just to be safe until he tells everyone the Live Updater is working for everyone.

If you used the offline installer, then went to LiveUpdater and updated again, it will potentially download "old" files from the live servers, so you'll need to go back to offline installer again.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #63 on: August 28, 2022, 12:22:37 am »
I run the offline installer, and confirmed the update as I got the 737-800 with GSX assets properly set. But when I run the the FSDT Universal Installer I get... (see attached pic)

You are not getting anything wrong, see the explanation how the Update button really works here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26342.msg172428.html#msg172428

How can one know if the update is needed or not?

From the instructions at the top of this thread:

You can recognize if YOUR node has, by simply noticing if the Live Update doesn't download anything if you run it after this offline installer. If this happens, it means your local Cloudflare node is now fully updated, so you don't need to use this anymore, just the Live Update.

doormann

« Reply #64 on: August 28, 2022, 04:54:07 pm »
I have this info always when I load, what can  I do.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #65 on: August 28, 2022, 04:56:42 pm »
I have this info always when I load, what can  I do.

That's because you put the wrong path in your Couatl_MSFS.INI file, you set the path for the simulator itself, which we can't write into, so the log *has* been made, but in its default location, which is also indicated in the error.

The error will go away if you remove the Couatl_MSFS.INI file you created, or replace the line with just this:

logFile=Couatl.LOG

Phil7789

« Reply #66 on: August 29, 2022, 02:28:57 pm »
Hi Umberto,
just to be sure when I only have

\FSDT_WorldOfJetways\LIRF_jetways.bgl
DOWNLOADING file F:\Spiele\FS Zusatzsoftware\Addon Manager\MSFS\fsdreamteam-gsx-world-of-jetways\scenery\FSDT_WorldOfJetways\LKPR_jetways.bgl
GSX Pro updated.
DOWNLOADING file F:\Spiele\FS Zusatzsoftware\Addon Manager\model\rules_fueltruck.cfg

in the Online Installer "log" this means that the node I'm updating from is up to date and those 3 files are normal to download?

Cheers

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2022, 02:49:34 pm »
in the Online Installer "log" this means that the node I'm updating from is up to date and those 3 files are normal to download?

It seems your node is only missing to update those files.

Wimma

Re: Couatl engine hasn't started - OFFLINE installer for the latest updates
« Reply #68 on: August 30, 2022, 09:18:25 pm »
- GSX Pro FIX: Lowered parking threshold distance to improve detection when two parking spots are very close.

Nice try, but this is still not fixed...

Example LFBZ:

Editing C6 - after being done with the adjusments GSX thinks I'm on C56 (shorter stand next to it).
Editing C7 - after being done with the adjusments GSX thinks I'm on C67 (shorter stand next to it).

It fixed stand C4. Before the update GSX thought I was on stand C34 (angled stand next to it), so I would advise lowering the threshold even further...

Regards, Michael.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #69 on: August 30, 2022, 11:19:22 pm »
Nice try, but this is still not fixed...

Have you read the explanation here ?

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26847.msg178213.html#msg178213

The distance threshold GSX use to recognize parking not only has been lowered, but it also user-customizable now so, if you fly regularly in airports with many gates very close to each other, you can just lower the value to 15, or maybe 10.

Wimma

« Reply #70 on: August 30, 2022, 11:33:04 pm »
Thanks!

Jonasc80

« Reply #71 on: August 31, 2022, 12:16:43 am »

Hi Flying FENIX AIRBUS A320 myself but it doesn't seem like Start GPU GSX the whole loading icon hangs I mean restart the whole simulator I think everything must work without problems it's filled with a lot of bugs right from the beginning it's not so fun it works from the beginning like thought to myself

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #72 on: August 31, 2022, 12:25:30 am »
Hi Flying FENIX AIRBUS A320 myself but it doesn't seem like Start GPU GSX the whole loading icon hangs I mean restart the whole simulator I think everything must work without problems it's filled with a lot of bugs right from the beginning it's not so fun it works from the beginning like thought to myself

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26876.msg175991.html#msg175991

moxiejeff

« Reply #73 on: August 31, 2022, 12:53:37 am »
Just used FSInstaller and got all the new updates! Looks like my node is finally working!! Great job Umberto!

teisco

« Reply #74 on: August 31, 2022, 01:24:35 am »
Ok just to get this correct, after activating the OFFLINE installer I do not run any updater? I read a post here where I think you said if you do run updater it might revert to before the OFFLINE update install.