Products Support > GSX Support MSFS

OFFLINE installer for the latest updates - Last Update March 21st 2024

<< < (72/72)

virtuali:

--- Quote from: Darewell on February 25, 2024, 07:15:26 pm ---Do you think it would be possible in the future to also have ground handlers crounching to not walk through the fuselage when setting/removing the bypass pin?
--- End quote ---

That's another thing this update made possible.

balus:
I am unable to use the Live Update tool to configure GSX. Was working fine yesterday and I updated GSX to the latest version.

Today, however an update starts, looks like it is updating the Live Update tool itself, it gets to step 6 of 38 and then terminates.

I have used the offline installer, but I want to be able to configure GSX for a new add on airport, but I can't get past this incessant update.

virtuali:

--- Quote from: balus on April 13, 2024, 08:18:24 am ---Today, however an update starts, looks like it is updating the Live Update tool itself, it gets to step 6 of 38 and then terminates.
--- End quote ---

As explained so many times, that's normal, nothing changed, and it always was like this. Each step means you have an FSDT product installed, so it will be updated. So, unless you have ALL FSDT products installed (for MSFS and FSX), you'll never see all 38 steps completed, because it won't try to update something you don't even have.

And, after the last step (of the installed steps), it quits automatically. That's how the Live Update always worked.

--- Quote ---I can't get past this incessant update.
--- End quote ---

I don't know what you mean by "incessant update".

It's not as if the updater starts by itself: it starts when you call it so, each time you call it, it will CHECK for updates for all products you have installed. That doesn't mean it's updating them, but it takes some time to just check.

--- Quote ---I have used the offline installer
--- End quote ---

And in the instructions (top of THIS thread), says that SOME files are supposed to always be downloaded, and it explains why. Again, nothing changed.

--- Quote ---but I want to be able to configure GSX for a new add on airport
--- End quote ---

That's because you are starting the wrong icon. If you start from the "FSDT Live Update" icon, it will JUST update. If you want to configure something, you must start it with the "FSDT INSTALLER" icon instead.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version