Author Topic: updating issues  (Read 3375 times)

fahdriyami

Re: updating issues
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2022, 10:46:50 am »

2. How are we supposed if there actually is an update or if we are running the latest version?

If it doesn't download anything, it means you are fully updated.

I've seen a lot of comments about update confusion. I think the changes to the UI that I've suggested here will make all the difference.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26697.0.html

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2022, 01:00:50 pm »
I already replied to you about that, even if those changes would maybe have the installer look "easier", they would make it less reliable.

This, when everything's working as expected.

These days, because of the issues with local cloudlare nodes, the updates through there are not reliable until the situations calms down and all nodes finally catch up. That's why we made an offline installer as an alternative for affected users, and none of the changes you were suggestion would have made any difference, if we cannot trust what we downloaded.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2022, 01:03:05 pm by virtuali »

Guenseli

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2022, 05:43:21 pm »
I have the same issue.
Already use the offline installer

I have made a video where you can see, that GSX is updating and updating again and again.
It is boring to see, but you can skip of course to see, that after the first update cycle, it starts again after clicking update.
(second cycle starts at 0:55)

https://youtu.be/H2n9rAV6v5E
« Last Edit: August 23, 2022, 11:58:08 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2022, 11:58:31 pm »
You are continuing to post private videos nobody can see. You should make it UNLISTED, not Private.

hawkhero

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2022, 06:58:19 pm »
Me too

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2022, 07:06:31 pm »
It is boring to see, but you can skip of course to see, that after the first update cycle, it starts again after clicking update.

I don't see any problems in your video, there's just ONE file, as far I can see, that is being downloaded twice, that's seems to indicate is the *only* file still not updated on your local cloudflare node.

Other than that, it's working correctly.