Author Topic: FSDT Installer does not seem to update  (Read 1683 times)

Phil7789

FSDT Installer does not seem to update
« on: August 19, 2022, 01:50:10 pm »
Hello there,

I'm having some issues with the FSDT Installer and updating products. When an update is available indicated by the highlighted update button, after downloading the update, the button is stll highlighted. I then can download the update again. Basically the update button never disappears and I don't know if the update actually succeeded as I can download it over and over again.

I just wiped it away with the sceneries in the past but with the release of GSX Pro I've noticed that the installer is actually downloading a lot of files. Until now I thought the installer would just go over the files and check if they're up to date.

What am I doing wrong here and should the update button disappear once the update is completed?

Thanks in advance,
Phil

P.S. I know this isn't really a general discussion but I couldn't find a forum for the installer itself

Disregard for now, I've used the search function and could only find older posts for specific products. I've just seen that another post has been posted some minutes before mine
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 03:07:14 pm by Phil7789 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSDT Installer does not seem to update
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2022, 02:11:43 pm »
It was appropriate for you to open a new post, because nobody has reported this before. Yes, of course the update button is supposed to turn off after an update, that's what it normally does.

Have you seen errors while updating ?

Phil7789

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2022, 02:51:00 pm »
No, I haven't seen any errors.
At the end of an update the addon is marked as updated (e.g. "GSX Pro updated.")

I tried do reinstall the installer just to be sure, but that didn't work so well. After uninstall FSDT via the windows uninstaller it was still installed and I could start it.
I then deleted the folder of the addon manager and could "install" it again. Seems a bit weird to me.

I deleted the installer caches to be sure and excluded the couatl.exe (normal and _2) from my antivirus (although there never has been any problem with it).

Even when I uninstall an addon completely, after installing it again I can update it immediately.

hawkhero

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2022, 06:51:48 pm »
Same thing happens to me/ After running the update, it shows up update highlighted

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2022, 07:03:35 pm »
Same thing happens to me/ After running the update, it shows up update highlighted

I think there might have been a misunderstanding in this post, the OP said the button was "highlighted", which means the light-grey background as when you hover it with the mouse, so I thought he had strange issues with mouse handling or the update was possibly stuck.

I think there's a confusion in terms because, the Update is always Active, meaning it's clickable (but not "highlighted"), and that's completely normal it would be like that.

The Update button is not an indication if a product IS updated, its Active status is controlled only by fact if the product is installed or not, it's not supposed to tell you if your products are updated because, in order to check if they are, you must...click Update!

The button should have probably be called "Check for Updates", but that didn't fit in the screen.