Author Topic: jetway retracting before end of boarding (passenger now flying)  (Read 1419 times)

tango3000

jetway retracting before end of boarding (passenger now flying)
« on: September 28, 2022, 10:50:45 am »
 ;D

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: jetway retracting before end of boarding (passenger now flying)
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2022, 05:11:39 pm »

This has been discussed so many times, for example here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,27550.msg180461.html#msg180461

The jetway hasn't retracted, you just triggered a well known bug of the MSFS jetway animation system, which affects default jetways too, that is the loss of sync between the LOD and the docked/undocked animation, it's a problem that has been reported to Asobo more than one year ago, but people are noticing more now, because they see GSX passengers floating in the air, when in fact they are the only correct thing in the scene, see the explanation here:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26965.msg176552.html#msg176552

tango3000

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2022, 05:40:08 pm »
OK thank you for your response. We will wait for Asobo. :)

tango3000

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2022, 10:08:12 pm »
Hello Umberto,

I know this is an OLD Asobo bug. But in the meanwhile is it a workaround ?

I have noticed when we use in the menu Deborabing/Boarding if we change the zoom in the external view, the jetway retracts and stay retracted.  ==> I have to restart GSX

But:

If I use in the menu Operate Jetway (so there is no passengers)  (to the aircraft) and if we change the zoom in the external view, the jetway retracts BUT if we zoom in again the jetways it still extended (connected to the plane).
So in conclusion there is maybe a workaround we should use with the onboard/deboard functions like operate jetway ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2022, 11:30:21 am »
So in conclusion there is maybe a workaround we should use with the onboard/deboard functions like operate jetway ?

If the jetways "retracts" by changing/zooming/moving the external cameras, it hasn't really retracted, it's just a loss of sync of its LOD levels so, nothing you do in GSX can fix that, it's a bug only Asobo can fix.