Author Topic: MS Flt Sim 2020 for Honolulu  (Read 18990 times)

robert28844

MS Flt Sim 2020 for Honolulu
« on: September 07, 2020, 11:23:32 pm »
Will there be any update to this great Addon for the new Microsoft Flight Sim. This was by far the most accurate out there to date....even smoked FS 2020 default airport for Honolulu. I do a lot of real world flying out of this airport. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: MS Flt Sim 2020 for Honolulu
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2020, 10:12:58 pm »
We have announced PHNL is going to be remade for MSFS 2020 a while ago.

evaamo

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2020, 03:38:52 am »
Ciao, Humberto, are there plans to release it for Prepar3d V5?

Thank you!

robert28844

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2021, 07:49:46 am »
I am just curious since it has been several months. Where does the Honolulu Airport sit on the Roadmap for release for MS2020. i know it may take time just wanted an update if possible.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2021, 10:27:42 am »
Several months it's nothing for an airport of this size that is being remade from scratch, it's not a conversion from the previous version, it's being rebuilt from the ground up for MSFS 2020 so, it's will be released when it's ready, there are no problems whatsoever with it, it's just a lot of work.

robert28844

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2021, 01:40:27 am »
Dear Umberto,
Please understand I am NOT trying to rush you, or anyone into getting the product out. I of anyone would know how much work goes into making an airport. I tried making the airport personally, with the FS2020 SDK and just to get one taxiway down the way you like it takes several hours or if not days of work. So please dont get on attack mode. I was just trying to see if you have a roadmap (NOT a due date)..... but a list of what is going to be worked on. In example, we will be working on this airport then this one, then this one. As I know it take time to get to these rolled out due to bugs, or SDKs that don't have what you need.... so are waiting for updates/patches that include them.  Just wanted to know if there was a Airport to do list, that is all. I hope you have a great day sir.
Sincerely,
Robert

Max.Addante

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2021, 05:56:11 pm »
Dear Umberto,
Please understand I am NOT trying to rush you, or anyone into getting the product out. I of anyone would know how much work goes into making an airport. I tried making the airport personally, with the FS2020 SDK and just to get one taxiway down the way you like it takes several hours or if not days of work. So please dont get on attack mode. I was just trying to see if you have a roadmap (NOT a due date)..... but a list of what is going to be worked on. In example, we will be working on this airport then this one, then this one. As I know it take time to get to these rolled out due to bugs, or SDKs that don't have what you need.... so are waiting for updates/patches that include them.  Just wanted to know if there was a Airport to do list, that is all. I hope you have a great day sir.
Sincerely,
Robert

Hi Robert, as Umberto already said, the Honolulu airport requires a lot of work and is difficult to quantify. What I can tell you is that among many things we are working on it. Right now I'm doing the modeling and texturing of various hangars and buildings, and there are tens if not hundreds. And part of the terminal facilities are ready. But the work is still a lot, PHNL is full of different buildings and structures so it requires some attention. I think surely we will have to wait at least this spring to see some screenshots, just to give you a time frame.
Massimiliano Addante

mikced

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2021, 09:26:45 pm »
Spring and summer past beautifully and automn is around the corner. Hope development is going well and that we will see some screenshots in due time. I am sure I speak for all of us who want to lay our hands on this addon the very first day that quality takes time and we all want quality :)   

Mike

Silverbird

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2021, 12:19:55 pm »
Spring and summer past beautifully and automn is around the corner. Hope development is going well and that we will see some screenshots in due time. I am sure I speak for all of us who want to lay our hands on this addon the very first day that quality takes time and we all want quality :)    

Mike

Hey Mike waiting a long time for this too...I'm ;D assuming we might see something soon ? been buying every version of this airport since the FS9 LAGO PHNL lol now waiting on this version gotta love it! ;D
« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 12:22:56 pm by Silverbird »
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

N0430BM

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2021, 11:36:23 am »
Heading into winter now...Any updates, screenshots?

Thank you!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2021, 02:45:54 pm »
We don't have any news about PHNL right now. Sim Update 5 was a disaster, and stopped us for months, because the editor was so bugged and unusable ( it crashed continously ), that we had to go back working on some updates for P3D, because we couldn't progress much with airports for MSFS. We should have released KCLT months ago...

We'll release KCLT in the next few days, then KIAH will follow later on, then likely KMEM. Then, the scenery author will might go back to PHNL. The rest of FSDT is all at work on GSX.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 07:42:24 am by virtuali »

Silverbird

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2021, 01:51:35 am »
We don't have any news about PHNL right now. Sim Update 5 was a disaster, and stopped us for months, because the editor was so bugged and unusable ( it crashed continously ), that we had to go back working on some updates for P3D, because we could progress much with airports for MSFS. We should have releasd KCLT months ago...

We'll release KCLT in the next few days, then KIAH will follow later on, then likely KMEM. Then, the scenery author will might go back to PHNL. The rest of FSDT is all at work on GSX.

Such a shame about sim update 5 messing up things... hope to see it next year some time thanks for the update Umberto.
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

robert28844

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2022, 12:22:36 am »
Is there any update on the FS2020 Honolulu Airport. I know it was put on the back burner due to sim update 5. Just curious if it has made any progress. I love your product and can’t wait to see it in fs2020. As the basic scenery that came with the sim fs2020 has many issues, your software will make it a awesome addition to those that live here in Hawaii. Thanks for your time.

Bigteeze

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2022, 11:32:37 am »
Any update on PHNL for MSFS?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2022, 01:53:45 pm »
Any update on PHNL for MSFS?

Quoting from my previous post:

We'll release KCLT in the next few days, then KIAH will follow later on, then likely KMEM. Then, the scenery author might go back to PHNL. The rest of FSDT is all at work on GSX.

We did release KCLT, but KIAH is not out yet, and work on KMEM hasn't even started so, from the previous post, you might have some idea about PHNL.