Author Topic: Static Jetways cannot be fully deleted. Jetway Overlap  (Read 4787 times)

tinsanchez

Static Jetways cannot be fully deleted. Jetway Overlap
« on: July 15, 2020, 07:41:33 pm »
Hello everybody

I disabled jetway bgl file but not all the jetway dissapeared. I believe the first part of the jetway is attached to the terminal object and not the jetway object....

See the image below attached

So here my questions:

- Can you update the static jetway model to be fully deleted?
- Why we have GSX jetways overlapping with default jetways? In some terminals of the airport looks ok, but not on other terminals...
- when i update with FSDT live updater, static jetways are activated again. so i need to remember to delete static jetways whenever i update...it is difficult to do that. i have like 300 airports installed

Please thanks for your help

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Static Jetways cannot be fully deleted. Jetway Overlap
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2020, 10:43:01 am »
- Can you update the static jetway model to be fully deleted?

This has been discussed and answered several times and yes, we'll eventually replace the static jetways too but, at this time, we are too busy with other things so, we just released an USABLE PHNL that had the same jetways as it did before, just converted to GSX/SODE, because it was required to offer P3D V5 compatibility.

- Why we have GSX jetways overlapping with default jetways? In some terminals of the airport looks ok, but not on other terminals...

They don't. Buy you MUST allow the FSDT Live Update to update the AFCAD, otherwise you'll see default jetways overlapped with GSX jetways. The latest AFCAD doesn't include ANY jetways,

- when i update with FSDT live updater, static jetways are activated again

Of course they do.

so i need to remember to delete static jetways whenever i update...

Which is why, the Live Update has a way to prevent a folder to be updated, just create an empty file named DONTUPDATE ( empty file with no extension ) and that folder will be skipped.

miata54

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2020, 09:02:07 pm »
Is this USABLE PHNL part of the current Live Updater?

I'm going to take a guess and postulate that the static jetways are part of each terminal model file. If this is the case, I can understand the time constraints to remove them all from PHNL. Am I correct?

« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 10:04:49 pm by miata54 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2020, 10:18:37 pm »
Is this USABLE PHNL part of the current Live Updater?

Of course, since last April:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/couatl_liveupdate_notes.html

April 14th, 2020

NEW: PHNL - Added support for GSX/SODE Jetways.