Author Topic: FSDT Sceneries not showing up **SOLVED**  (Read 7286 times)

thomas747400

FSDT Sceneries not showing up **SOLVED**
« on: December 17, 2017, 02:12:19 am »
Hi,

I have the following FSDT scenery installed in P3Dv4.0:
KMEM, KJFKv2, KLAXv2, KSDF and LSGG.
With the exception of JFK, none of the sceneries are displaying any buildings and ground textures.
In Addon manager, all sceneries are marked as "Product Installed and Active"
The sceneries have been working properly up until recently. I have recently run the FSDT update tool after I was prompted to do so, not sure if the problem was a result of this?

Thomas
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 12:02:33 am by virtuali »

alexzar14

Re: FSDT Sceneries not showing up
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2017, 04:12:28 am »
me too, it's a disaster. The solutions used in the past just don't work in P3Dv4.

bradl

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2017, 09:39:07 am »

Were these upgrades while using P3Dv4, or complete reinstalls?

I ask, because I had no problems with the sceneries I have in P3Dv3 and did a complete uninstall of P3Dv3, install of P3dV4, and redownloading every scenery I own (KLAS, KLAXv2, KDFW) and did a complete reinstall of those. No elevation problems or missing buildings or textures. This also includes the update to KLAS from when the runways were upnumbered.

BL.

alexzar14

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 01:21:06 pm »
Fresh install on the P3Dv4 over the new windows reinstall. This is not a decade old problem with gates being displayed alone, this is something new. No gates either, just a black stain. May be there is something that needs to be edited manually in some xml file???...
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 01:57:51 pm by alexzar14 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2017, 01:23:16 pm »
- Do you have BOTH the Addon Manger and the Couatl menus under the sim "Addons" menu ?

thomas747400

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2017, 01:35:08 pm »
- Do you have BOTH the Addon Manger and the Couatl menus under the sim "Addons" menu ?

I have just loaded my sim at a none FSDT airport, the Addon Manager and Couatl menus were listed under Addons menu, once I moved my aircraft to KMEM, the Couatl menus are no longer listed

Thomas

alexzar14

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2017, 02:06:45 pm »
I don't have access to my computer now but let's assume it's the same problem as mine, interested in seeing this being figured out soon.
BTW FlightBeam KPXH which is using the same installation process is in the same boat.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2017, 02:06:56 pm »
I have just loaded my sim at a none FSDT airport, the Addon Manager and Couatl menus were listed under Addons menu, once I moved my aircraft to KMEM, the Couatl menus are no longer listed

Have you installed GSX ? KMEM won't work without it.

alexzar14

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2017, 02:13:16 pm »
I feel it gets warmer now... I haven't, will try when I get home.
So this also applies to other sceneries excluding KLAX, KJFK, KDFW and KORD which do display normally?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2017, 02:16:43 pm »
So this also applies to other sceneries excluding KLAX, KJFK, KDFW and KORD which do display normally?

GSX is basically a requirement of all our sceneries because, without it, you'll lose features like Docking Systems and Marshallers. However, the one using SODE jetways, which are KMEM, KCLT, KIAH and KSDF, won't even *work* without GSX (and SODE, which is installed with GSX).

alexzar14

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2017, 02:23:25 pm »
I'd like to try the GSX but I'll be home no sooner than 9 hours from now... perhaps Thomas can try it now and let us know.
So if you have no GSX installed, besides inoperable docking system, would you still see the airport or would you not?
If you'd still see the airport without GSX installed, this means the problem is somewhere else.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 02:27:06 pm by alexzar14 »

alexzar14

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2017, 02:49:36 pm »
Thomas so what's the outcome? did you install the GSX??

thomas747400

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2017, 03:16:17 pm »

Hi gents,

GFX is not installed on my system… interesting though all my FSDT sceneries were working fine without GFX until recently… Unfortunately, it is past my bed time now but I will install GFX tomorrow.

Greetings from Perth, Australia
Thomas

Mr.RockoutLoud

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2017, 03:41:27 am »

I'm a different Thomas, but I was having the same exact issue. Installing GSX did fix it for me in P3Dv4. Like the others the airports were working previously without it until sometime in the last month or two.

alexzar14

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2017, 04:03:41 am »
Yep, GSX it is.